Question about ability score settings

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Idran
Kobold

Question about ability score settings

Post by Idran »

I just had a quick question about setting up tokens in this framework; sorry if there's a small questions thread here already, but I poked around and didn't see one.

How do I give a creature no score in one of the ability scores, as opposed to 0? I tried "-" and "--" since those are the usual notations, but both just seem to confuse it. Is there an alternate way to do it, or is that just not implemented yet?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Question about ability score settings

Post by lmarkus001 »

Give them a 10. 10 has no impact on any rolls. There is nothing coded to deal with "-" null scores.

I say this as Constitution is one of the scores that can be "-". So if you were to use 0, then your creature would take a massive hit on hitpoints.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Question about ability score settings

Post by Azhrei »

It's not implemented at this point. Just give them a 10 (which will result in a modifier of 0) and then keep in mind that the don't have that score. For example, a Con score of "-" means they don't need to make Fort saves or a Str score of "-" (typically) means they use their Dex for everything (so you could just set the Str score to be the same as the Dex score).

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”