HP Bar appearance

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
IMarvinTPA
Dragon

HP Bar appearance

Post by IMarvinTPA »

I am importing my tokens and the HP bar does not appear at all by default. ( http://prpg.imarvintpa.com/ACharacter.php?ID=8 )
What button do I need to press to make the HP bar appear?
Pressing the damage button does not do the trick.
If I create a token from scratch or attempt to convert a stat block, it works. But I already have the HP values filled in.

When clicking the "attack" button and you select targets, should the hit targets get damaged automatically or do you need to click the damage button?

Thanks,
IMarv

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: HP Bar appearance

Post by Azhrei »

IMarvinTPA wrote:I am importing my tokens and the HP bar does not appear at all by default. ( http://prpg.imarvintpa.com/ACharacter.php?ID=8 )
I usually hit the FullHP button that belongs to the GM from the Campaign panel; that turns on the hp bar. But anything that changes the value of the HP property should do the job.
When clicking the "attack" button and you select targets, should the hit targets get damaged automatically or do you need to click the damage button?

Thanks,
IMarv
You have to damage them separately. At some point it would be nice to have the FW automatically handle DR, ER, SR, and so on. But that is VERY complicated stuff. I've looked at it once or twice and gotten discouraged by all of the variables involved. And it's not useful unless it factors in everything. :|

Btw, the pfrpg.imarvintpa.com site needs the token builder updated. It should set the Property Type field on the token to "Pathfinder", and it would be nice if the original statblock could be dumped into the GM Notes field with only the names of Special Attacks and Special Qualities used in those properties, and the feats populated into the FeatsMisc property. As it stands, the statsheet that pops up always flows off the right side of my window and if just the names were used it would be fit better. (The "FeatsMisc" property is new. Neofax added it awhile back, after your site went live. Thanks for that, btw -- very handy!)

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

Azhrei wrote:
IMarvinTPA wrote:I am importing my tokens and the HP bar does not appear at all by default. ( http://prpg.imarvintpa.com/ACharacter.php?ID=8 )
I usually hit the FullHP button that belongs to the GM from the Campaign panel; that turns on the hp bar. But anything that changes the value of the HP property should do the job.
I'm getting {Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.contains".} when I click that button. I found a way to get the attack macro to work when that occurs...

Edit (2): I think it is the creature type JSON since I did not populate it completely for Character Tokens.
Azhrei wrote:

Thanks,
IMarv
You have to damage them separately. At some point it would be nice to have the FW automatically handle DR, ER, SR, and so on. But that is VERY complicated stuff. I've looked at it once or twice and gotten discouraged by all of the variables involved. And it's not useful unless it factors in everything. :|
I saw so much that made it look like it could work. I'm satisfied that it isn't something broken on my end.

Now, on to even-better Token exporting from my online character editor. (And monsters too sometime. The code is getting close to convergence.)

Thanks,
IMarv
Azhrei wrote: Btw, the pfrpg.imarvintpa.com site needs the token builder updated. It should set the Property Type field on the token to "Pathfinder", and it would be nice if the original statblock could be dumped into the GM Notes field with only the names of Special Attacks and Special Qualities used in those properties, and the feats populated into the FeatsMisc property. As it stands, the statsheet that pops up always flows off the right side of my window and if just the names were used it would be fit better. (The "FeatsMisc" property is new. Neofax added it awhile back, after your site went live. Thanks for that, btw -- very handy!)
Yeah, I haven't previously been a user of the framework, so I haven't monitored it closely. At a recent game, we got tired of it going slowly, so we wanted to add buttons to do things quickly and I figured the framework would be the best place to start. I don't know how much I'll have ready for this weekend's game.

The reason the statblock is empty on the Pathfinder tokens is the field in the database for it is empty. I need to make it generate it from the normalized fields which I hope to do when I create the pathfinder stat block character page.

Now that I think I'll be using the framework, I'll be able to stay closer to its changes.

IMarv

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

The "targetting" in the attack dialog is solely to speed up communication (let the DM know who you are attacking).

Automatic damage application is waaaaay too fraught with complications to let that happen. I have seen a suggestion that I like which would be to put a macroLink in the output that the GM could hit to apply the damage.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

The macrolink is good as Wrathgon's Spell Manager does this. When I get a chance, I was planning to extend that to also include Active-Mods as well. I wonder if it could also make a copy of the timer token and add it to the initiative and set it up as well using the information from the spell and the originator.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Just remember to change the Timer's setup macro so that it doesn't sort the initiative! Man, that gets me every time. :|

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

That and Black Tentacles. I normally remember those to change it my version of Lindsay's FW.

patnodewf
Cave Troll

Post by patnodewf »

IMarvinTPA wrote:What button do I need to press to make the HP bar appear?
There also is the "mouseover" option for the each of the bars themselves, under campaign properties...
My form-fillable PDF Character Sheet for Pathfinder can be found here.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

patnodewf wrote:
IMarvinTPA wrote:What button do I need to press to make the HP bar appear?
There also is the "mouseover" option for the each of the bars themselves, under campaign properties...
I've made a tweak to the code where only tokens that have damage have the hp bar show up. I like it better than having to mouse over each token to see who's damaged.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”