MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (Old Version)

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by neofax »

Any way we can get the annoying reshuffle of initiative when Black Tentacles or Timer are added to the initiative? I don't change the initiative of the players when they delay and ready, just move them to where they want to go and when I add the timer, all of the inits revert back to original.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I have a request. Can you add squeezing to the mods. It will reduce the token size to half (large to medium, huge to large, gargantuan to large, colossal to huge). It will also include the mods of -4 AC and -4 attack. The interesting part is that it doesn't change any of the size mods, so it's not like reduce or enlarge. The creature retains it's size category and all the benefits and negatives.

I plan to do this and create a filler tokens to represent the other spaces the token takes up on movement based on the direction of movement. Sort of like the invis token, but offset and visible.

If you don't want to do the sizing thing, that's okay. Just having the mod and penalties would be good enough. Another way of doing this is to manually to unset the token from the grid, which I'm thinking would be the better way anyway. So, scrap the resize idea.
Attachments
Squeezing.png
Squeezing.png (14.38 KiB) Viewed 2249 times

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

You know, I saw that as a request for sneezing. Need less caffeine.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Now SNEEZING I can do! :lol:

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Thank you for the update!

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

I've updated/tweaked the inventory lib Lindsay has used in his FW, and assuming he rolls it into the r4 release you'll have data for 3.5 weapons/armor/goods, greater flexibility in modifying/renaming things, automatic weight adjustments for size, and 3.5-correct carrying capacity up to Str 40 (also adjusted for size).
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

plothos wrote:and 3.5-correct carrying capacity up to Str 40 (also adjusted for size).
Here is the formula I use for 3.5 carry capacity in my excel sheet:

Code: Select all

IF(STR>=10,ROUND(25*2^(0.2*(STR-MOD(STR,5)))*IF(MOD(STR,5)>=1,1.15,1)*IF(MOD(STR,5)>=2,1.13,1)*IF(MOD(STR,5)>=3,1.154,1)*IF(MOD(STR,5)>=4,1.16667,1),0),(STR)*10)
I'm sure you can adapt it to MT so you won't need a table to refer to. I'll give a look too, and see there is a better algorithm in MT.

Here you go:

@@ @carryCapacity
[H: STR = arg(0)]
[H, if(argCount() >= 2): size = arg(1); size = "Medium"]
[H: sizes = json.append("","Fine","Diminutive","Tiny","Small","Medium","Large","Huge","Gargantuan","Colossal")]
[H: sizeMod = json.indexOf(sizes,size)] 
[H, if(sizeMod != -1): sizeMod = pow(2,sizeMod - 4); sizeMod = 1]
[H: baseMod.STR = floor(STR/5)]
[H: div.STR = baseMod.STR * 5]
[H: mod.STR = STR - div.STR]
[H, switch(mod.STR):
   case 1:  multiple = 1.15;
   case 2:  multiple = 1.3;
   case 3:  multiple = 1.5;
   case 4:  multiple = 1.75;
   default: multiple = 1
]
[H, if(STR <= 10): carry = max(0,STR * sizeMod); carry = round(25 * pow(2,baseMod.STR) * multiple * sizeMod)]
[H: macro.return = carry]

!! 
I also have the formula for encumbered move if needed.

[H: enc = ROUND(ROUND(moveSpeed*0.69)/5)*5] 

Gekko
Kobold

Post by Gekko »

Thank you for your great work.
Your framework is really astonishing. Unfortunately it is hard to use without documentation. ;)

I have one suggestion. Would it be a big hassle to add links to the "Attack"-Macro to apply damage with one click? Just like for the "Heal another"-Macro.

kobajagi
Kobold

Post by kobajagi »

I've created protection from evil mod, and when I apply it there are no changes on token.
Any hints ?
Can you pls tell me what is CMDmod/CMBmod :oops: , and do they have same usage in 3.5 ?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Gekko wrote:Thank you for your great work.
Your framework is really astonishing. Unfortunately it is hard to use without documentation. ;)

I have one suggestion. Would it be a big hassle to add links to the "Attack"-Macro to apply damage with one click? Just like for the "Heal another"-Macro.
Well write some docs up! :-)

With regard to Attack applying damage... that is a rough one. What if the creature is attacking 9 times with special damage (flame or poison) and attacking various foes?

Or more commonly, I am a rogue or ranger attacking 2-4 times in a round and I have sneak/favored enemy damage and a flaming weapon.

The Attack mechanism is to just get you close, then you apply the human AI to it to finalize. If your addition skills are weak, then this is a great way to strengthen them :-)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

kobajagi wrote:I've created protection from evil mod, and when I apply it there are no changes on token.
Any hints ?
Can you pls tell me what is CMDmod/CMBmod :oops: , and do they have same usage in 3.5 ?
You will need to supply more information, like what changes were you expecting, how did you define your mod, etc.

CMB/CMD are Pathfinder things. If you are seeing these, then your campaign is set to Pathfinder. They are used for special attacks like Overrun and Grapple.

kobajagi
Kobold

Post by kobajagi »

lmarkus001 wrote:
You will need to supply more information, like what changes were you expecting, how did you define your mod, etc.

CMB/CMD are Pathfinder things. If you are seeing these, then your campaign is set to Pathfinder. They are used for special attacks like Overrun and Grapple.
Ok I've missed those settings on cmpg load this time :)

I've created fresh cmpg from this last version of framework and successfully created and applied protection from good on new token.
Then I've checked other items on PC which has problem and found that she ( monk class PC ) has ring of protection +2
and apparently deflection from that ring doesn't stack with deflection bonus from protection from good spell.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

kobajagi wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:

I've created fresh cmpg from this last version of framework and successfully created and applied protection from good on new token.
Then I've checked other items on PC which has problem and found that she ( monk class PC ) has ring of protection +2
and apparently deflection from that ring doesn't stack with deflection bonus from protection from good spell.
WotC has a series of pdfs that clarifies the game rules. Definitely worth a look. I've downloaded them all and merged all the parts in to one document. Maybe I'll provide a zip later, but here's the part that is relevant to your observation:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040127a

PS: Here's the complete : upload

kobajagi
Kobold

Post by kobajagi »

aliasmask wrote:
kobajagi wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:

WotC has a series of pdfs that clarifies the game rules. Definitely worth a look. I've downloaded them all and merged all the parts in to one document. Maybe I'll provide a zip later, but here's the part that is relevant to your observation:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040127a

PS: Here's the complete : upload
ufff... epic mistake sorry :/
I thought that deflection bonuses are cumulative with other deflection bonuses, darn
If you ask me moderators should delete those replays :) and i'll have to stop trusting my players so much

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

np. I downloaded them for just that reason. Either I'll forget a nuance of a rule, or someone else swears it to be one way... so I toss a doc at them for clarification. I'm still learning stuff from some of the power gamers I play with. For example, I've been convinced that a monk's belt gives +1 AC + Wisdom Bonus in AC. Can make a cleric with bracers of armor all that more tough to hit now.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”