MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (Old Version)

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
plothos
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b86.03 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by plothos »

Even better than bracers, get a pearl of power for the wizard and get him to hit you with mage armor. By the time you can afford a monk belt, your mage armor should last just about all day. :)
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

Elugin
Kobold

Post by Elugin »

Hi all, I'm new to RPTools and as all beginners I;m experiencing some difficulties.

I'm using MP 1.3b.86 and loaded the 1.3b86.03 framework, set on D&D3.5. I created a plain grassland map and some brand new tokens to test the tools before starting the actual online campaign. First thing I did for every token was to set the (tab) config -> properties to DnD35. Setting up a basic character was not much of an issue (after a found the video with the demo) and simple things like attacks or saves work fine.

The problems arise when I try to use magic and spells. As far as I understand in this framework both the Plothos and the Wrathgon system are already implemented and I don't need to import them. So here is what I do, I select the magician to be token, make sure it's primary stat for magic is at 18, impersonate it, then I copy the "spell menu" button from campaign to the token. At this point I try to run the spell menu from the "impersonate" or the "selected" windows and I receive a message saying something like: "You have no permission to call the switchToken function" (I'm not sure this is the exact wording since I'm translating from the italian version, but you get the meaning). If I run it from the campaign window, it works and let me select between two Plothos versions and the Wrathgon. It's something, but very limiting since this way only a GM can use the "spell menu" button and the players must ask the GM to use it for them (and you don't want all the players be GM). There's a partial way out. In the campaign windows there's the "spells Wrathgon" menu, and those buttons seem to work also on impersonated and selected windows. So I select the Wrathgon magic and go for it.

But this is not the end of my problems. I created a level 1 wizard and tested some 0 and 1 level spells, mostly those that deal damage (detect magic does not need much of testing ;) ). And here is the surprise. 0 level spells like acid splash, ray of frost, and touch of fatigue do not let me choose the target (even if caster and target are next to each other) and "none" is the only option available. If I cast them with a "none" target the system does not roll for damage and actually does not even erase the spell from the prepared list (as it usally does for cast spells).
For level 1, burning hands works fine. Magic missile, does not. This time I cannot even cast the spell, as soon as I try I receive a message: "The Count option requires a non-negative number, -1.   Statement options (if any): R, c(drr.numRolls, "" )       Statement Body : drr.outArray = json.append( drr.outArray, eval( drr.rollString ) )".

I also tried with a higher level character. It seemed to fix the magic missile problem, and some of the problems (but not always...) with lower level spells, but now I cannot select the targets with the higher level spells.

I suspect that there is only a single cause to all this mess, but I cannot figure out what it could be, do you have any idea?

Gekko
Kobold

Post by Gekko »

lmarkus001 wrote:Well write some docs up! :-)
I'm not a native speaker. But I would give it a try. The greater problem is, that i only know the basic functions. Mostly it's just try and error. Is their any preparatory work? I think neofax planned to do a video tutorial some days ago. Perhaps I could start a Wiki, but to be honest I don't have any experience with that.
lmarkus001 wrote: With regard to Attack applying damage... that is a rough one. What if the creature is attacking 9 times with special damage (flame or poison) and attacking various foes?
I thought just to create a link for the damage in the chat window for applying damage directly. Only the damage, that will be displayed anyway. I don't know how difficult it is to create a link to apply damage to the selected token when clicked. Of course the token owner should have the opportunity to adjust the damage manually with the "Change HP"-Button. It would be much more convenient for "normal" damage.

Elugin
Kobold

Post by Elugin »

OK! So I worked out with test and finally found what I was doing wrong... mostly I still had to read the topic on Wrathgon framework. :lol:

About the "spell menu" selection fog GM only, I guess I figure out how it works. If you select Plothos 2.0.4, the "cast spell" appears on a tool as soon as it is set up as a magic user. If you select Wrathgon, you simply use the buttons from the "Wrathgon menu" (copy form "Campaign" window to "selected"). If you select Plothos 3 (Beta), well, there the problem remains, spells (and special abilities) can be handled only from the Campaign window. But it's still beta, I suppose that it will work fine once it will be released a more stable version. :wink:

About all the bugs in the Wrathgon framework, well, as I said most of the answers to my problems are in the dedicated topic. I installed MP 1.3.87b (required for new Wrathgon) and the latest version of Wrathgon (currently 11Gv2d), now things go much more smoothly. I see that level 0 spells still have issues, and that damage-dealing spells of level higher than 2 (except for Fireball, Lightning Bolt, and Finger of Death) still have problems in finding the targets. I can live with that, it will be a little less of automated and some more dice rolling, but I also see you're working on that and hopefully everything will be fine. Bye the way... great job.

I just wish you had the time to keep track of the latest update of each version of the framework (and a link to the topics for the relative components), that will greatly help newcomers.

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

I'm using this Framework and I noticed something with the HPChange macro (using Fading_Arc_HP_Meters):

1. When at full health, the NLD_HP meter does not appear when the token takes Non-Lethal Damage but has not taken any Lethal Damage yet.

2. When Non-Lethal Damage exceeds current hitpoints, the state only changes to prone, but it should also show the unconscious state (when using 3.5 rules).

3. I was also wondering if there was a way to set the HPChange macro so that if a token is an NPC token, the "Dead" state appears when its hitpoints reach 0?

I don't know how to write code, so I can't make these changes myself. If this is something someone wanted to fix, I'd appreciate a copy of the new code. :D

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Oryan77 wrote:I'm using this Framework and I noticed something with the HPChange macro (using Fading_Arc_HP_Meters):

1. When at full health, the NLD_HP meter does not appear when the token takes Non-Lethal Damage but has not taken any Lethal Damage yet.

2. When Non-Lethal Damage exceeds current hitpoints, the state only changes to prone, but it should also show the unconscious state (when using 3.5 rules).

3. I was also wondering if there was a way to set the HPChange macro so that if a token is an NPC token, the "Dead" state appears when its hitpoints reach 0?

I don't know how to write code, so I can't make these changes myself. If this is something someone wanted to fix, I'd appreciate a copy of the new code. :D
As for questions 1 and 2, I don't play 3.5. As to question 3, IIRC you can change this with the pop-up frame when you first opened the campaign file. This is also a macro to bring up this frame again, but don't know the exact name off the top of my head (I think it is setup main).
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

neofax wrote:As to question 3, IIRC you can change this with the pop-up frame when you first opened the campaign file. This is also a macro to bring up this frame again, but don't know the exact name off the top of my head (I think it is setup main).
Yeah, the Edit Global Settings. What you're referring to though only changes the Dying state at either -10, or at -Con Score. Which is nice to have both of those options. I like to let PCs use the -Con Score method of dying, but I prefer to have NPCs die at 0 HP.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Oryan77 wrote:I'm using this Framework and I noticed something with the HPChange macro (using Fading_Arc_HP_Meters):

If you set your creature type to Undead, Construct, or subtype: Swarm, then they will die at 0 (per the rules, these creature types die at 0 while all others do not). I think using the subtype Swarm is probably the easiest approach as that lets you maintain the actual creature type.

Alternately you could specify other types to die at 0 by editing row 6 of the table SysVars:

[{"deathPoint":"0","typeArray":["Construct","Undead"],"subtypeArray":["Swarm"]}]

Just add types to die at 0...

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

You may have to add a type say "NPC" to the other list in SysVar and then add it to this list. Swap out the below tables with the ones in the campaign and it will work. You just need to make sure you set the subtype to NPC in the Race tab of core.
Attachments
NPC_Tables.zip
(14.2 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

lmarkus001 wrote:Alternately you could specify other types to die at 0 by editing row 6 of the table SysVars:

[{"deathPoint":"0","typeArray":["Construct","Undead"],"subtypeArray":["Swarm"]}]

May I suggest the "Mook" subtype.

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

lmarkus001 wrote:If you set your creature type to Undead, Construct, or subtype: Swarm, then they will die at 0 (per the rules, these creature types die at 0 while all others do not). I think using the subtype Swarm is probably the easiest approach as that lets you maintain the actual creature type.

Alternately you could specify other types to die at 0 by editing row 6 of the table SysVars:

Ya know, I considered doing that (and even set it up yesterday) but for some reason I only thought to add "NPC" to the "typeArray". And I didn't go that method because I thought, "what if I want to name the creature type?"

I probably wouldn't name the subtype, and even if I did, I could manually include it in the typeArray name.

BTW, you didn't respond about the other 2 issues I found. Are those something you wanted to know about in order to fix? I wasn't sure if I was just doing something wrong or overlooking something.
neofax wrote:You may have to add a type say "NPC" to the other list in SysVar and then add it to this list. Swap out the below tables with the ones in the campaign and it will work. You just need to make sure you set the subtype to NPC in the Race tab of core.
Thanks, I did that and it works just fine. :D

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

Big thank you!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Is there any way to have output code place the <b>, <i>, </b> and </i> tags adjacent to the word they are bolding or italicizing? The reason is that it takes me appx. 1 hr per chat log changing the file so that I can have a clean Textile Markup for use in Obsidian Portals WIKI and also for EpicWords bbcode WIKI. This would be helpful!
If you want, I can go thru the code and fix the format and send back to you.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Burst weapons problem. The code for LibAttack multiplies the value rolled, when I think it should change the dice expression and then roll the result. Here is the bit of code in question:

Code: Select all

+ if(DmgExtraCrit == "0d10" || DmgExtraCrit == "" || DmgExtraCrit == "0", "", " + " + eval("0 + " + DmgExtraCrit) * (CritMult - 1) + "  <i>" + DmgExtraName + "</i>")
Here is what I think it should be:

+ if(DmgExtraCrit == "0d10" || DmgExtraCrit == "" || DmgExtraCrit == "0", "", " + " + eval("0 + " + replace(DmgExtraCrit,regex to escape the amount of die,CritMult - 1) "  <i>" + DmgExtraName + "</i>")
I am no expert at RegEx, so leave that to others who are much better than I to insert. Also, could you change this up so the hover tip shows the actual rolls of the burst damage?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I think I saw this come up before. From what I remember last time, the burst damage was including the original number of times of the crit multiple.. so, if x3 it wouldn't add 2 more, it would add 3. Because the original damage could be (but not likely) a complicated dice expression, the expression should be evaluated critMultiple -1 times more with a small loop to get the proper value.

[H, if(Critical), code: {
   [H: burstCrit = 0]
   [H, for(i,1,critMult): burstCrit = burstCrit + eval(burstCritString)]
   <!-- build output string "burstCritString" -->
};{
   [H: burstCritString = ""]
}]
The above is just pseudo code.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”