Issue setting token size to Small

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
dperron
Kobold

Issue setting token size to Small

Post by dperron »

Hi there,

So I'm kind of new to Maptool and this (freaking amazing) Pathfinder framework, but I got just about everything working for me, except I am unable to set any of my tokens to size Small. When I use the Edit Core macro to change the size from Medium to Small, I get the following error: Invalid Token size Small in function setSize.

I am trying this as the GM, and my players have as players, and it's a no go, whether for PCs or NPCs. Like I said, everything else works great, except that.

Help?

Thanks!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Issue setting token size to Small

Post by lmarkus001 »

You are using a Hex map, and for some reason there is no size Small on Hex maps. They are 2/3 = no direct mapping, 1/2 = small, 1/3 = tiny, 1/4 = diminutive.

I will have to think about how to deal with that. For now, it looks like the framework only correctly handles Medium and larger tokens if you are on a Hex map :-(

Hummm... this actually looks like an issue with MapTools, any sized Small/Tiny/Diminuative token placed on a hex map loses its size and becomes Medium.

EDIT: Well now there is a Wiki: getInfo() function that can give up the map grid type (square vs. hex vs. ?) so it will be possible to deal with this programatically. But it will be a fair bit of code as I have to tweak every bit of code that deals with Size and every bit of code that deals with moving a token from one map to another. It would be FAR better if there were sizes Small, Tiny, Diminuative on the Hex/Free type maps... ah well.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

See http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17714 for a detailed explanation of token sizes. It seems we are stuck with what we have for 1.3. I will look into coding cross map token sizes at some point... maybe...

dperron
Kobold

Post by dperron »

Thanks for the clarification, man. Too bad, I much prefer hexes to squares.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

FYI, the latest framework now supports Hex-Grid maps.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”