MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by aliasmask »

dragon86413 wrote:I must be missing something. I'm finding spells on imarv's site, but not any tokens.
Look under monsters, bottom right.

dragon86413
Kobold

Post by dragon86413 »

I looked at the monsters and hadn't realized the pics were maptool tokens. I downloaded a couple, changed the file extension from .htm to .rptok and clicked on "PF Statblock2Token" 1.6, 1.8 and 1.9. It comes up with a popup "Insert Statblock Here". I have no idea what to type in there, I tried the name of the token and just hitting enter but I always get a pretty much empty token. No pic, all stats are 10, reach 5, etc. What am I not doing correctly? I've never used the Statblock2Token before and know I'm doing something dumb or missing something simple.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You don't need to use Statblock2Token because they are already fully filled out tokens. If you want to edit the token, then click token and click Edit Character macro. You may need to change the token type under config tab of token to Pathfinder.

dragon86413
Kobold

Post by dragon86413 »

I knew I was doing something stupid. That makes it a LOT easier. Thanks so much.

lizardman
Kobold

Post by lizardman »

Reporting potential error with 1.3.87.02_

Edit Char > Weapons
Edit Char > Equip Item

All data after saving campaign file (and token file) was lost after campaign was closed and reopened - all data gone in both campaign and tokens.

Kriptini
Kobold

Post by Kriptini »

Just started using this framework. I think it's great. =)

I just have one question. How would I set up a Monk's Unarmed Strike attack?

Ulijikaru
Kobold

Post by Ulijikaru »

I hope this is the right forum. First off I love this framework. I have a tremendous amount of respect for everyone who contributes to bring such a powerful tool to bring people to the digital gaming table. I have however run into a pair of issues:

1. I have been getting a huge error when using the vision blocking layer. Every time i scroll over a token that has vision the error pops up with wall of text. Wondering if i am over using vision blocking (its easy to get carried away), don't have my settings right (1024, 64, 3 stacks) or if this is a known bug for maptools1.3.87 and has nothing to do with the framework.

2. Also having trouble with the Spell menu. Adding levels to the inquisitor does not work (there may be other classes as well but i haven't run into trouble with them yet), clicking on the casting menu brings up a never ending series of windows errors(?) for each spell they have memorized but never lets you into the menu.

Any help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

1. There's a known bug for b87 that involves the movement lock. Uncheck that in the init panel, save, restart.
2. I haven't used the latest version of the framework yet, so I can't say what the problem is offhand. I know I have fixed some bugs in my version. I was actually doing some other updates to it, but I haven't finished yet. you can try getting the latest versions of Plothos's Spell Manager. I found that to be pretty good and bug free.

rfountain
Kobold

Post by rfountain »

Hi,

First off an amazing job on this framework.

I have a couple of questions though, as I do not think I am doing something right. Using the attack option the results always say Hit and the damage is not subtracted from the selected target. Is this an automated process or is that a manual process for the DM to manage?

Is so how does one apply manual damage to a token? Other than right clicking on the token and selecting edit.

Thanks again

Robert

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Damage is not automated. Use HPChange to change hit points for tokens.

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

I have a question on the character sheet cache.Do I need to run it from this framework or is it a maptool modification and I can use my own campaign with character sheets to benefit from the cache?If this is a framework addition,I would love to know how to code my character sheets to cache so when refreshed it doesn't take as long.I would appreciate the help,Thanks.

Daelomin
Cave Troll

Post by Daelomin »

Hello!

I absolutely love this framework and all it has to offer, and I also love Wolph42's amazing Bag of Tricks! Are there any plans coming up to upgrade the version of the BoT in the framework to the latest version (16, rather than 13f)?

Cheers

ntzrmtthihu777
Cave Troll

Post by ntzrmtthihu777 »

Hmm, just got through fiddling with this framework for PF, and it is AWESOME! One thing I should like to ask/request, nay two.

1. Because this will be useful for the majority, I first ask would it be possible, when using the "Setup Blank" macro, to display each skills current total, so you can more easily reverse engineer skill totals from bestiaries and such.

2. I have a certain variant I use, and maybe some others do as well. I exchange the "base 10" for the d20 roll in a save vs DC exchange, So in the example of a spell being cast, instead of:

save (d20 + base save + abil mod + misc) vs spell save DC (10 + spell level + abil mod + misc)

you would have:

spell roll (d20 + spell level + abil mod + misc) vs save defense (10 + base save + abil mod + misc)

It amounts to the same probability, and streamlines stuff a bit as only someone "doing stuff" has to roll, so instead of my sorcerer rolling a ranged touch attack for a spell and having to wait on the target to roll save to continue, He can roll both himself and keep the pace going.

Basically, I hoped you could include a check-box at the start-up dialog asking which version you want to use, like the pathfinder death (-con) vs 3.5 death (-10) option.

All in all a very excellent framework.

Hmm, found 1 other cosmetic issue, when you use the attack macro it prints out
HIT: {insert rolled ac}
DMG: {insert rolled damage}

and that confused one of the players, thought it was a hit (and the roll was abysmally low) and he thought the mechanic was off. How would I edit it to say "ATK" instead, to eliminate confusion?
Dropbox Referral Link - Join with this, and both you and I get an extra .5 gigabytes of storage, 2.5 total for you.

rfountain
Kobold

Post by rfountain »

Hi,

I think I am doing something wrong but cannot identify it.

I have added tokens and imported stat-bocks to the tokens, however when I try to drag and drop the tokens that have characteristics/stats the first one drops onto the battlemap however any other additional tokens I try to add to the map just comes up with an option to add the token I just added to the map.

I have to close Maptool to add another token but after that one the issue repeats, meaning a that I have to restart maptool for each time I add more then one token to a map that has statistics.

If I just add a token that contains no statistics I have no problems.

Any support would be awesome!!

Thanks,

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Sounds like you're using the broken b88 version of MapTool. I recommend downloading b87.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”