MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by Azhrei »

kyrillos27 wrote:It changes the HP every time I roll the mouse over the token
Yeah, that sounds wrong. Rolling the mouse over a token causes the statblock popup to be displayed. If the variables in the statblock require macros to run, then they do. But the macro for HP should overwrite the HP value with its result! So the variable contains a macro which produces a random number and overwrites the variable... The next time you roll the mouse over the token there is no macro to execute.

Have you customized any of the settings such that different variables are being displayed in the statblock? That could be one source of the problem.

kyrillos27
Kobold

Post by kyrillos27 »

No, and I downloaded a fresh copy of the framework to be certain on that. It seems to just overwrite the campaign property with that formula, while prompting for hit dice. if i punch in a number, it is typically going to be that number, while adding ConB * level. if i type in 5d8 or something like that, then i have the main problem.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Experienced Users,

I have noticed that at times the campaign start map is zoomed way out and/or not the coordinates that are listed in the Globals. This seems to be fairly random. Is there anyway to force the start map to be a certain Zoom % or something like that?

Thanks!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Elorebaen wrote:Experienced Users,

I have noticed that at times the campaign start map is zoomed way out and/or not the coordinates that are listed in the Globals. This seems to be fairly random. Is there anyway to force the start map to be a certain Zoom % or something like that?

Thanks!
nope. Though I did ask the devs for it but there's a feature freeze...

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

wolph42 wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:Experienced Users,

Thanks!
nope. Though I did ask the devs for it but there's a feature freeze...
Thanks for the head's up!

RasgonOfLodos
Kobold

Post by RasgonOfLodos »

There are now 16 pages of comments on this thread, many of which include patches. What is the best way for me to get the most recent version so that I can use it and contribute back when appropriate? e.g. is there a source repository that I can connect to?

Deuterazamus
Kobold

Post by Deuterazamus »

First of all a very big thank you to lmarkus for this awesome framework: I've been using it for quite a while and aside for a few minor hiccups (all my fault) it has provided an extraordinary improvement to my games.

Lately I've been trying to replace the included BagOfTricks with the latest one by wolf. While I seem to have been successful as all existing stuff that uses the BoT is working, I was wondering in what consisted the customizations mentioned on the first post and if it would suffice to export and reimport the bundled lib:EventMacros.

Cheers!

dontadow
Cave Troll

Post by dontadow »

Now that I have a few gunslingers in my party i find it important to keep track of ammo. does the ammo tracker work for the inventory. I have ammo in the inventory but when i click use ammo it asks me for value of item. I'm unsure of what this means or how to get this to work. any ideas?

ksignorini
Kobold

Post by ksignorini »

On a Mac, all the frames (i.e. spell lists) open up top left hand corner with the frame's bar off-screen. This is a known problem with creating un-positioned frames on b87 on the Mac.

Is there any way to reposition all the frames to say, center-screen when they're created in your framework?

Until then, the framework is pretty much useless for me.

Thanks!

(I'm just learning MapTool...maybe repositioning the frames isn't even possible. I have no idea, so I thought I would ask.)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Changing the frame to a dialog will fix that. That problem was fixed in b88, but 2 other new bugs caused that one to be broken and unusable. There was talk of a way to select and move those frames with 3rd party software, but I don't know what that is.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

What aliasmask said except you don't need any third party software. Just hit F8 to bring up Spaces display (or whatever key is associated with it) and drag the frame to center of the Space… you're done.

ksignorini
Kobold

Post by ksignorini »

JML wrote:What aliasmask said except you don't need any third party software. Just hit F8 to bring up Spaces display (or whatever key is associated with it) and drag the frame to center of the Space… you're done.
Nope. Doesn't work on Lion or Mountain Lion (the two latest Mac OS X versions). The frames are part of the Java window and not separate.

But thanks. It was worth a shot.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

Sorry. Still on Snow Leopard :oops:

Averien
Kobold

Post by Averien »

I love this framework. I've pushed it hard on every DM I've played with, and use it in my campaigns... it does so much to smooth out the way the game is played, and is fairly easily customizable based on houserules. Thank you all so very, very much. I am running into one problem, though... namely, editing skills. I tend to play a lot of PF/3.5 hybrid games, where Concentration is a skill, as are many unique 3.5 skills (change shape, martial lore, psicraft, etc...), but the rest of the skills are handled as in Pathfinder. This difficulty is somewhat compounded, in that most of the rest of the framework we use is 3.5, and I've found my lack of coding knowledge has prevented me from utilizing the skills portion of the framework in either skillset. I can walk through things well enough, and figure it out once pointed in the right direction, but after completely ruining the framework (at least as far as skills go), four times, I've decided to break down and ask you fine people for help. Is there any way to conveniently change or customize the skills? I'd even be fine with just getting the Pathfinder skills on the 3.5 framework, and just having the other skills as manually made macros.

billcoke
Kobold

Post by billcoke »

I'm using this framework and have a question about setting up a weapon for a token. It looks like it will automatically calculate the STR damage for PCs. But I'm trying to set this up to calculate for a dragon NPC. So when the dragon in dnd 3.5 attacks it gets different percentages of its STR bonus depending if it is bite/claws/wings/tail.

Is there a way for me to pull the StrMod variable and multiple it in the "Damage" box for a weapon? I tried "[StrMod] but that didn't work.

I looked for a manual or set of instructions for the MT Framework but I'm not finding it. I probably missed it right in front of my face right?

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”