MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Re: MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework (LATEST VERSION)

Post by Dead_Jim »

I'm loving the updated frame work, especially the new Bag of Tricks, so thanks to both you and Wolf. I am currently trying to work with the EventPad Macros to make traps and am running into two issues. The first major one is when the trap has to make an attack against a target I would like to make it check vs the AC instead of on for the stats or saves. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to target just part of the AC line (such as normal AC or FF). The second issue is minor but still bothers me. When the trap deals the damage it subtracts it from the current HP value but does not update the health bar and doesn't update statuses such as disable or dead. Thanks for any help.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I added in some skills for the d20 Modern skill sets based on a request in the Help subforum. For the most part everything works, but for some reason two skills have the "Remove Skills" button next to them and I have no clue as to why. They are the skills "Repair" and "Research", Speak Language does as well, but I know why this does. Would someone please take a look at it and explain why this does this? It is in the macro buildSkillsDialog that is causing this. Here is the link: d20 Modern
Time-Zone information UTC -5

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Dead_Jim wrote:I'm loving the updated frame work, especially the new Bag of Tricks, so thanks to both you and Wolf. I am currently trying to work with the EventPad Macros to make traps and am running into two issues. The first major one is when the trap has to make an attack against a target I would like to make it check vs the AC instead of on for the stats or saves. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to target just part of the AC line (such as normal AC or FF). The second issue is minor but still bothers me. When the trap deals the damage it subtracts it from the current HP value but does not update the health bar and doesn't update statuses such as disable or dead. Thanks for any help.
To update bars/status's:
Call this macro: subUpdateHPStatesBars

Code: Select all

[H: tToken = currentToken() ]
[H, MACRO("subUpdateHPStatesBars@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): "Token=" + tToken] 
To figure AC:
First challenge is how to deal with the Rogue's Trap-sense as I am not tracking that anywhere. I suggest you prompt for temporary AC modifiers /shrug.
Next, fetching AC. You can do this one of two ways. Either parse the AC field on the token, or calculate the AC. Parsing is a decent option...

0 = AC, 1 = Touch AC, 2 = Flat Footed AC, IF Pathfinder: 3 = CMD, 4 = Flat Footed CMD

Code: Select all

[H: whichAC = 0 ]
[H: relevantAC = listGet( stringToList( AC, "/" ), whichAC ) ] 

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:I added in some skills for the d20 Modern skill sets based on a request in the Help subforum. For the most part everything works, but for some reason two skills have the "Remove Skills" button next to them and I have no clue as to why. They are the skills "Repair" and "Research", Speak Language does as well, but I know why this does. Would someone please take a look at it and explain why this does this? It is in the macro buildSkillsDialog that is causing this. Here is the link: d20 Modern
The skill category is the flag causing that effect. Change those skills from Profession category to Physical and the "Remove Skills" button will go away.

As an aside, this made me discover another data entry error for D&D3.5 skills with regard to Disable Device and Escape Artist. The sizemod field array was one short (so should be [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]).

Dead_Jim
Cave Troll

Post by Dead_Jim »

Awesome, Thanks so much LM. :D

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

lmarkus001 wrote:
neofax wrote:I added in some skills for the d20 Modern skill sets based on a request in the Help subforum. For the most part everything works, but for some reason two skills have the "Remove Skills" button next to them and I have no clue as to why. They are the skills "Repair" and "Research", Speak Language does as well, but I know why this does. Would someone please take a look at it and explain why this does this? It is in the macro buildSkillsDialog that is causing this. Here is the link: d20 Modern
The skill category is the flag causing that effect. Change those skills from Profession category to Physical and the "Remove Skills" button will go away.

As an aside, this made me discover another data entry error for D&D3.5 skills with regard to Disable Device and Escape Artist. The sizemod field array was one short (so should be [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]).
Thanks!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Elorebaen wrote:LM,

It would be the BOMB, if we could save "Target Area" tokens we have created. =) Loving the mechanism btw.

Best.
I have implemented a bare bones version of this that seems reasonable. If you click on the target picture in the AoE dialog, you get prompted for a macro name, and that macro then gets created on the targeting token. Then you can run that macro to launch/populate the AoE dialog with the settings you used when you created the macro. So it is not glitzy, but it seems minimally functional.

I wanted to release an update with this and some other modifications, but it seems this forum is locked out from posting... so I can't put up a release notes topic (to keep discussion organized). So once I can get the forum functional again, I will post up an update.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:LM,

It would be the BOMB, if we could save "Target Area" tokens we have created. =) Loving the mechanism btw.

Best.
I have implemented a bare bones version of this that seems reasonable. If you click on the target picture in the AoE dialog, you get prompted for a macro name, and that macro then gets created on the targeting token. Then you can run that macro to launch/populate the AoE dialog with the settings you used when you created the macro. So it is not glitzy, but it seems minimally functional.

I wanted to release an update with this and some other modifications, but it seems this forum is locked out from posting... so I can't put up a release notes topic (to keep discussion organized). So once I can get the forum functional again, I will post up an update.
LM, very cool! Looking forward to checking it out.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

There anyway we can get a future version where the token properties are hidden so players cannot cheat or inadvertently just type over the properties? I had a player jack up a token the other day because he was updating his token by manually typing in the data instead of using the macro. If there are no properties to type into, this wouldn't happen.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:There anyway we can get a future version where the token properties are hidden so players cannot cheat or inadvertently just type over the properties? I had a player jack up a token the other day because he was updating his token by manually typing in the data instead of using the macro. If there are no properties to type into, this wouldn't happen.

I think the rework is not worth the benefit. This would require a ton of code changes. It is just not worth the time.

Just tell your players to not directly manipulate token properties. If they do it anyway, kill their character so they have something quiet to do while you continue your game (since their token has been deleted!).

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

neofax wrote:There anyway we can get a future version where the token properties are hidden so players cannot cheat or inadvertently just type over the properties? I had a player jack up a token the other day because he was updating his token by manually typing in the data instead of using the macro. If there are no properties to type into, this wouldn't happen.
You can do a workaround by creating a "validation" lib:token that stores the real stats / math for a character. Any check requiring the use of a stat etc can then be verified prior to its use. What you want to do next after the check is up to you. You have options to correct the mismatched value, make an assertion, warn/penalize the player, or even obliterate his character off the face of the map/campaign.

Doing it this way will keep the framework intact and keep the benefits of visible properties available to you. It shouldn't be too hard to do too.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

I am baffled as to why this happens in the framework:
I use the "Initiative (F6)" macro on a token that has a +2 Init. The tooltip shows,
"<< dieroll + initiative = 20 + 2 = 22 >>" which should be correct but the Chat window shows, "You say to the GMs: Monitor Lizard Initiative: 22.02".

Where the heck does the decimal come from and how can I fix it?

Sorry, I am still learning how macros work so please make it the Fix for Dummies version lol

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

dantarith wrote:I am baffled as to why this happens in the framework:
I use the "Initiative (F6)" macro on a token that has a +2 Init. The tooltip shows,
"<< dieroll + initiative = 20 + 2 = 22 >>" which should be correct but the Chat window shows, "You say to the GMs: Monitor Lizard Initiative: 22.02".

Where the heck does the decimal come from and how can I fix it?

Sorry, I am still learning how macros work so please make it the Fix for Dummies version lol
This is correct and how the rules state. The decimal is for ties in initiative. The only problem is when you have a negative initiative.
If you truly want to fix it, you will need to go into the macro and change the math.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

As long as all the tokens roll init the same way, having a negative dex mod still works fine. Init 18 with a -1 dex is 17.99 and an 18 init with 0 dex mod is 18.00 which is greater. Someone with a 17 init and +10 dex mod is 17.10 which is lower than the 18 with -1 dex mod still.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

aliasmask wrote:As long as all the tokens roll init the same way, having a negative dex mod still works fine. Init 18 with a -1 dex is 17.99 and an 18 init with 0 dex mod is 18.00 which is greater. Someone with a 17 init and +10 dex mod is 17.10 which is lower than the 18 with -1 dex mod still.
So, as long as I have initialized all the tokens for the PC's and NPC's via the "Setup Blank" macro AND then select them all then hit F6 the order will be correct?

It all just seems wierd because when we roll real dice and add modifiers I have never come up with an initiative score of point anything lol

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”