Pathfinder Framework Macro to add a specific spell to a toke

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
thrilled
Kobold

Pathfinder Framework Macro to add a specific spell to a toke

Post by thrilled »

Greetings,

First I should say sorry if this has been answered before. I really really have been searching and looking for the answer, but without success. I can see a button macro for casting a specific spell on some of the 3.5DnD characters and that works flawlessly, but as soon I try to copy that macro to the pathfinder characters then I get an error message.

Hopefully you more experienced guys can help me!

What I am looking for:

# A macro that casts a specific spell ie magic missile. I will then use that macro to create a button and add it to a specific character.

Thanks a ton in advance!

/Thrilled

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Pathfinder Framework Macro to add a specific spell to a

Post by neofax »

Is there a reason you don't use one of the three spell managers? They have exactly this feature, but almost every spell loaded for Pathfinder.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

thrilled
Kobold

Post by thrilled »

neofax wrote:Is there a reason you don't use one of the three spell managers? They have exactly this feature, but almost every spell loaded for Pathfinder.
Well the reason is just that I have some players that basically uses like two-three spells over and over.. and it would be easier to just click on a direct macro button and cast those three spells instead of clicking cast spell and then choose the spell to cast.

I saw it on the 3.5 characters (Dispel Magic) so I thought it should be usable for pathfinder characters too.

/Thrilled

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can do damaging spells as a weapon. If the there is no attack, then use * for the to hit mod when creating the weapon for auto-hit. I've also used Message Manager to declare my use of a feat or spell before. It's cool because you can put all the text for a spell to be viewed by everyone.
Attachments
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (30.08 KiB) Viewed 6835 times
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (84.8 KiB) Viewed 6835 times

thrilled
Kobold

Post by thrilled »

Thanks Alias!

Didn't know about the * :) That works equally well, just less goodlooking but will do.

/Thrilled

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I could see about creating a macro that hooks into the Spell Manager that allows you to Hard Code the spell. This way it takes care of slots remaining and memorization as well.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”