MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

MT1.3b87.02 Campaign Framework

Post by lmarkus001 »

Released!
http://www.4shared.com/file/JtPNRAuu/MT138702_DnD35_Pathfinder.html

I recommend a stack size of 3MB for this version.

1.3b87_02
=========
  • NEW! Target Area - A floating frame that helps you to target a grid intersection and then effect tokens in a chosen area.
  • Faster Character Sheet access - now caches the skill table on the Main Character Sheet tab so the sheet loads a heck of a lot faster now (first load post skill change will be original speed as the cache is rebuilt then).
  • Black Tentacles - Works on Hex grids now
  • UTILITY Tokens added to Summon maps - If you Summon, scroll down alphabetically to find the UTIL tokens. This gives you an easy way to summon a Black Tentacles, or a timer token (I have some customized images for timer tokens too, for things like Spiritual Weapon, Flaming Sphere, Bigby's Icy Grasp/Interposing Hand}.
  • Any token can be a timer - Now any token can have the Setup Timer and Next (Timer) macros work on them. So your summoned creatures can be their own timers!
  • Stat Damage - can enter a die roll (like 1d6)
  • Tweak to Mod Report
  • Setup Blank - Pre-populates with Leather Armor and 1 Natural Armor (but not equipped). This should make setting up a blank token a tiny bit more clear.
  • New Properties: Public_Note, Visible_Gear, CacheCSSkills, MoveRemain, MoveActive, MoveCurrentRound, and some properties to support other peoples tools.
  • Added Spell Resistance & Vulnerabilities to the DRER json
  • Modified Properties: DRER, DRERMod (these have been extended to support Spell Resistance)
  • Moved armor gear based mod-set notes from the AC property and put in Visible_Gear
  • Removed the resort of initiative for GMs using the timer/EBT tokens
  • Corrected some Hex map support minor glitches
  • New Mod-Set: Squeezing
  • New State Icons: Light & Stat Buff - http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19987
  • Attack Change - Changed Shoot/Throw into Melee (-4) to a more generic Cover (-4) option and it now modifies both ranged and melee attacks.
  • System specific Creature Types - Now there are tables for Pathfinder and D&D3.5 creature types/subtypes. So the system you specify will use the appropriate tables.
  • Healing Surges - This entry on the Core character entry dialog now just evaluates to whatever you put there (previously it added your Con bonus to whatever was in that field). You can have the same functionality by placing a formula in the field, so for example 3+ConB would give three plus your Constitution bonus number of surges per day.
  • Full HP - Now only operates on Pathfinder/DnD35 tokens. So you can do a large drag select on the Object layer and run this to restore all tokens that were wounded enough to drop to the Object layer.

OTHER's TOOLS
  • Upgraded to Wolf42 Bag of Tricks 13.0f -- CUSTOMIZED to support my UDF Wiki: setSize() and to support the automatic movement of the "shadow" invisible token. These customizations are implemented via Event macros on lib:EventMacros. Preliminary token movement restriction code, choose Limit Movement = non-zero integer (1 works well) to activate. Corrected invisible token movement from r03 of the framework.
  • Tweaked Aliasmask's Use Disguise - References Table-Polymorph and Visible tokens on current map
  • Upgraded to Aliasmask's lib:chat v1.2
  • Tweaked Rumble's DiceBox - Will show die images in the tooltip if Exploded not checked, Tooltip Info: Each Die is selected, and you import the default tables to get the die images (MENU: Help - Add Default Tables)
  • Tweaks to Plothos Spell Manager 3
  • Changed to Neofax's version of Wrathgon's Spell Manager
Specific Areas Modified
Campaign Properties: DRER, DRERMod, changed GM auras to Owner auras, State icons
Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder
Campaign Macros
Table - SysVars, D100
Target Area Detail
  • 1) Set Target - A target token must be set. I recommend using my Summon macro to summon a cross hair.

2) Make Core choices - Make sure you have integers in: Range (radius), Caster Level, Difficulty, and Bonus vs SR. Select the type of area you desire (Sphere, Block, Cone).

3) Saving Throw setup - IF the effect/damage gets a save or is impacted by Spell Resistance, configure a Saving Throw (for example, Reflex & SR=Yes for Fireball).

4) Setup Effect/Damage - If effect, choose mod-set, if damage enter formula or integer. If Effect/Damage is impacted by a save or SR, then select the relevant saving throw (1 or 2) that you configured above and choose what the save means (apply on save/fail, etc.). Choose target restrictions (creature type, NPC/PC).

5) Press Fire in the Hole - Each person that owns tokens in the area will be sent a link in the chat. This will NOT fire if you have more than one token selected.

6) UPDATE - Each person clicks their link to apply the desired effects/damage to their tokens.

In this example,
  • PCs get the mod-set "Prayer (Allies)" applied,
  • NPCs get "Prayer (Foes)" set IF their Spell Resistance is overcome.
  • Both PCs & NPCs get to make a Reflex saving throw (SR applies) to take Half or Full damage vs. 3d6 damage.
Last edited by lmarkus001 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.

thrilled
Kobold

Re: MT1.3b86.04 Campaign Framework (Under Construction)

Post by thrilled »

When is this supposed to be released to us mortals? :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Someone pointed out that certain bars weren't being set with NLD. So, here's the fix/update:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 78#p214578

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Just a quick post so that when this thread is updated I'll get an email.
Looking forward to it.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Looking forward to this update!

Cheers!

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Marked for updates

Dadalama
Cave Troll

Post by Dadalama »

Any chance we could get an Iron Heroes extension to this?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Do you have a beta download for this?

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Hey lmarkus,
Is there a rough eta on this FW update? :)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Sorry about vanishing on you folks! First I threw out my back with the garbage at the end of 2011 so was not at the PC much. Then I went to India for several weeks (vacation). Then I got busy with other things in life! So anyway, I am going to pick this back up again and get something out! I see a bunch of updates to the other tools I have bundled in the framework, so I will have to spend some time getting all of those updates incorporated. I did not finish the targeting macro, so I may do a release with it in its current state (it lets you select all of the options, then sends the data to chat, so nothing really happens).

So I hope to get something out in the next week or so.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Welcome back.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Sorry to hear about your back and where in India? I was in New Delhi for 30 days and loved it. I was trying to weasel my way back through my company, but that won't happen. As for the framework, take your time as the current version is great!
Time-Zone information UTC -5

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about the back injury. I haven't had one, but I know they can knock you on your butt. :|

(Cool, I didn't know GoogleMaps did that. ;))

You certainly did get around! Thanks for sharing!

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

Hi lmarkus001,

Nice work as always. I use your framework for my games. Anyhow, I think your new Target Type window is a little visually confusing, so I broke apart the Core Info and visually aligned all the lower elements. What do you think?

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”