MT1.3b87.04 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: MT1.3b87.04 PF+3.5 Framework (RELEASED... Latest Version

Post by Elorebaen »

Dorn wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:Hello,

Has anyone noticed that PCs are getting Locked for Movement while in Initiative, even though that option is not checked in the campaign preferences? Very annoying. If I could just remove that code entirely, I would. Any ideas?

Thanks!
I'm not sure that would even be a campaign preference... And I don't see it in the general program preferences. I know there's a total movement lock under the "Tool" window, and there's the lock when in initiative under the initiative menu (Drop down arrow beside the "Next" button on the initiative window). Is one of those checked?
You can find the option in the Edit/Preferences/Application. I have it unchecked, and yet in the Initiative drop-down "lock movement" keeps showing up as checked. I think it may have something to do with the Aliasmask code as LM alluded to.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MT1.3b87.04 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (Latest Versio

Post by Azhrei »

IIRC, the campaign preference is copied into the initiative panel when the map is created. After that it has to be changed in the init panel.

If the tooltip for the field in the preferences doesn't say that, it should. :|

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Azhrei wrote:IIRC, the campaign preference is copied into the initiative panel when the map is created. After that it has to be changed in the init panel.

If the tooltip for the field in the preferences doesn't say that, it should. :|
Thanks for the head's up Az! The problem, "I think", I am experiencing is that I will uncheck lock player movement, and then it becomes checked again in Init panel. I will pay closer attention in my upcoming session, and then report.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Hrm, please see the attached pics. The "Lock movement" option in Init panel just seems to be randomly checking itself.

Is there anyway just to completely remove that option from the campaign file? Thanks!
Attachments
Preferences/application<br /><br />Lock player movement is unchecked.
Preferences/application

Lock player movement is unchecked.
Preferences application.JPG (18.85 KiB) Viewed 5943 times
&quot;Lock Movement&quot; seems to be randomly selecting itself, even after I have unchecked it.
"Lock Movement" seems to be randomly selecting itself, even after I have unchecked it.
Init panel.JPG (24.06 KiB) Viewed 5943 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

What's your point? Those snapshots both show that it's off. And if the preferences worked the way I described (I'm not sure they do!) then the preferences screenshot wouldn't matter anyway.

What does the wiki have to say about the initiative panel? I seem to recall there's a page describing its operation...

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

The issue comes from multiple "add-ins" all trying to control movement locking. In this release you need to change the setting for BOTH the Aliasmask library AND the Wolf42 Bag of Tricks library.

As I mentioned earlier, my next update removes the necessity for Aliasmask's library which greatly simplifies this issue. I am hoping to incorporate a Feasts checklist into the next release, but if this is a major sore point I can just go with what I have now...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

One quick solution is to rename the onTokenMove macro in lib:players to something else like onTokenMove_. Also rename onMultipleTokenMove.

You can't have 2 lib tokens with those macros in the same campaign, it will only refer to one of them and possibly cause errors. Since Wolph updates his resource more often and has integrated a couple of key features that I have, you wouldn't really need that part of my resource.

One of the major bugs is having the lib token that updates itself during onCampaignLoad not be on the Token layer. Not having it on the token layer may cause lib token duplication. I'm guessing because it doesn't see it in time as a timing issue. Support for that theory is in getInfo where lib tokens not on token layer don't show up in the library list (if I recall correctly).

b90 does have a new feature to get the GM names which is one of the main reasons the lib token has to do a self update during load. Once that is implemented, it will be less of an issue.

My movement manager does have a software movement lock and that could possibly be your problem. There is a macro on library that toggles the movement lock. When that was written, there was an MT movement lock bug related to java that caused a lot of problems and that's one reason why I implemented that. In my campaign, the lock is default to on. Under the macro configLibProperties, you can set the value to 0 and the default will be off.

I had worked on a macro hasBagOfTricks to disable my movement when his library is present, but I don't recall if I tested that thoroughly or even released it.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Azhrei wrote:What's your point? Those snapshots both show that it's off. And if the preferences worked the way I described (I'm not sure they do!) then the preferences screenshot wouldn't matter anyway.

What does the wiki have to say about the initiative panel? I seem to recall there's a page describing its operation...
- re snapshots
Just wanted to be clear about the location I was referring to, mostly in response to Dorn's comments.

- re wiki
Good point, I'll check there. I hadn't dug into that too much, because I'm thinking it has something more to do with elements of the framework.

Thanks again for the attention! I know you are busy, and it is much appreciated.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:The issue comes from multiple "add-ins" all trying to control movement locking. In this release you need to change the setting for BOTH the Aliasmask library AND the Wolf42 Bag of Tricks library.

As I mentioned earlier, my next update removes the necessity for Aliasmask's library which greatly simplifies this issue. I am hoping to incorporate a Feasts checklist into the next release, but if this is a major sore point I can just go with what I have now...
Thanks LM! Definitely keep working on the new release :) I can muddle through and figure out a fix based on the info you guys have presented.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

aliasmask wrote:One quick solution is to rename the onTokenMove macro in lib:players to something else like onTokenMove_. Also rename onMultipleTokenMove.

You can't have 2 lib tokens with those macros in the same campaign, it will only refer to one of them and possibly cause errors. Since Wolph updates his resource more often and has integrated a couple of key features that I have, you wouldn't really need that part of my resource.

One of the major bugs is having the lib token that updates itself during onCampaignLoad not be on the Token layer. Not having it on the token layer may cause lib token duplication. I'm guessing because it doesn't see it in time as a timing issue. Support for that theory is in getInfo where lib tokens not on token layer don't show up in the library list (if I recall correctly).

b90 does have a new feature to get the GM names which is one of the main reasons the lib token has to do a self update during load. Once that is implemented, it will be less of an issue.

My movement manager does have a software movement lock and that could possibly be your problem. There is a macro on library that toggles the movement lock. When that was written, there was an MT movement lock bug related to java that caused a lot of problems and that's one reason why I implemented that. In my campaign, the lock is default to on. Under the macro configLibProperties, you can set the value to 0 and the default will be off.

I had worked on a macro hasBagOfTricks to disable my movement when his library is present, but I don't recall if I tested that thoroughly or even released it.
Thank you for the info!!! I will try these within the next couple days and see if that is the issue.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

aliasmask wrote: My movement manager does have a software movement lock and that could possibly be your problem. There is a macro on library that toggles the movement lock. When that was written, there was an MT movement lock bug related to java that caused a lot of problems and that's one reason why I implemented that. In my campaign, the lock is default to on. Under the macro configLibProperties, you can set the value to 0 and the default will be off.
For the life of me I cannot find macro configLibProperties. Which library is that located in? Thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Elorebaen wrote:
aliasmask wrote: My movement manager does have a software movement lock and that could possibly be your problem. There is a macro on library that toggles the movement lock. When that was written, there was an MT movement lock bug related to java that caused a lot of problems and that's one reason why I implemented that. In my campaign, the lock is default to on. Under the macro configLibProperties, you can set the value to 0 and the default will be off.
For the life of me I cannot find macro configLibProperties. Which library is that located in? Thanks!
I'm talking about lib:players. I assume that's what all the fuss was about before.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

My next game session is Friday night. After that I will release the next version of the framework (I like to get at least one game session of testing under my belt before releasing). Just a heads up for anyone struggling with this version.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

aliasmask wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:
I'm talking about lib:players. I assume that's what all the fuss was about before.
Thank you for the response. I do not have lib:players. I guess that's why I couldn't find that macro. :)

Wolph42, thanks for the head's up. I had noticed that in BoT.
Attachments
library.JPG
library.JPG (36.05 KiB) Viewed 5863 times

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”