MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
drswoboda
Dragon

Re: Fragile macros? or NLBTK?

Post by drswoboda »

wolph42 wrote: thats clearly an error generated by the Bag of Tricks. So why are you posting that here? You should report this error, preferably just load the entire campaign file (or link a dropbox link) with a precise description of how to recreate the error in the bag of tricks thread, not here. Ill have a look what goes wrong.

also, i wouldnt call the macro script 'fragile' granted, it has its flaws, but in the end code is as strong as the coder who makes it and the user who breaks it 8). What im saying is that there is no way to code something complex and taking care of ALL possible permutations that users will use it in. Apparently you are using it in a way i did not foresee and hence it breaks (or i just made a mistake and its a bug). either way, this stuff happens with ANY code in complex environments and yes, maptool with all its frameworks, different users with different systems, IS a complex environment. So stuff breaks. What you do is report it (in the right spot preferably) and ask for the creators help.

edit: you *did* read the reported issues in the BoT thread, right??
There are some things I cannot 'work around' and they will fail whatever i do. For example the use of the banefull ' (<---yes that quote). Put that anywhere in a name and see things burn down. Like that there are other things that should be avoided.
Hello Wolph42,

The reason I posted here is because I am using the Framework which included BoT. I came to BoT from here, so I posted here. My Bad. I'll try to post in the relevant area next time.

Keep in mind I'm not dissing any of the programmers or the work behind MT and the Macro language. I'm coming back to this program after a 5 year absence and trying to get back in the swing of things as they are now.

My statement about the system being fragile was not meant in a negative way. I just seem to run into the occasional weird issues, as you know, since you have already fixed one of the bugs I reported earlier. And since I'm not actually writing macros, only using them, I wanted to see if perhaps I'm doing things wrong and creating my own issues.

That said, I ran game tonight, with my rolled back file version (from error above) and everything worked fantastic for 6 hours of gamming. My current adventure file has 25 maps, some very large (2000px+), and weights in at 76.3MB. I run on a LAN with 5 clients and 2 GM's. It all hung together and most maps load very quickly.

Three Cheers to all the coders on the project!

-David

Elorebaen
Dragon

Edit Globals error

Post by Elorebaen »

Hello!

I am hoping some of the more coding-inclined can help me out.

I click on Edit Globals, then Show/Edit Maps and Entry Locations and I receive the following error:

Code: Select all

Error processing "FOREACH" option: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0 error executing expression json.get(gMaps, 0)..       Statement options (if any): R, FOREACH(m, json.get(gMaps, 0), "")       Statement Body : "
"+m+"
Any help is much appreciated :)

Best,
E

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (NEW! Latest V

Post by aliasmask »

Any of your map names have a comma in it? (or other naming irregularities)

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

aliasmask wrote:Any of your map names have a comma in it? (or other naming irregularities)
Good point. I didn't think so, but it perhaps something snuck into the title in an odd location. Will investigate. Thanks!

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

When I click "Edit Macros" I get a nice little error:
 Error in body of roll.      
 Statement options (if any): H     
 Statement Body : am.rpe.editTokenMacros()

Any ideas?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I would need the campaign file and more info what you were trying to edit. It's possible one of the group names has a character it doesn't like.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Thanks for the quick response! Anyways, I can get you the campaign file but in the meantime; I was looking in the Sample section on the Campaign macros table (the one that will auto-apply or de-apply augmented summoning, run 3 skill checks at once, etc. I forget the other one) because I wanted to edit the skills one to run other skill checks when I clicked it. But when I click Edit Macros at the bottom of the Campaign macro window (in blue) I get the above error. Is there another way to edit those buttons?

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

You right click the macro, and select to edit it.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

When I right click the macro button, all I get is the option to run it on the selected tokens...

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

smartsoldier wrote:When I right click the macro button, all I get is the option to run it on the selected tokens...
That should only happen if you're connected to the campaign as a player instead of a gm. They are protected to avoid cheating and such.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Oh I see now! Thank you so much for all your help and fast response! So then is there a way to create my own macro that will run a certain skill check and put that button on my client-side for easy access?

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

smartsoldier wrote:Oh I see now! Thank you so much for all your help and fast response! So then is there a way to create my own macro that will run a certain skill check and put that button on my client-side for easy access?
What I do for my players is make copies of the macros on their tokens and edit them for skill checks, etc, that they would want to use regularly. Your GM can either do this or they can edit the macro, go to the 2nd tab (Options) and check the box to allow players to edit the macro.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

For yet another time, thank you for the response. If I may inquire as to one more thing, how can my GM make me a temporary GM as well. I would like to do all the visual line blocking and fog things.

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

You can connect to the server as a GM instead of a player and have all GM rights. You just have to have the GM password, assuming one is set. If necessary, you can then disconnect and reconnect as a player.

jstak
Cave Troll

Error with b90-beta?

Post by jstak »

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): macro("Invent Main Starter@Lib:inventory")       Statement Body : ""
I get this error when using the framework with b90-beta. Anyone know of a fix or workaround? It happens when using the inventory macro on some PC tokens.

/

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”