MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)

jstak
Cave Troll

Re: MT1.3b87.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (NEW! Latest V

Post by jstak »

wolph42 wrote:does this happen only when using b90? or other versions as well?
Yes, it doesn't happen with either b87 or b89.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I would probably have to log on to your server or run the campaign for myself to see why. My best guess is the token is missing something important like a strength stat.

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

aliasmask wrote:I would probably have to log on to your server or run the campaign for myself to see why. My best guess is the token is missing something important like a strength stat.
If I notice you online, I'll ping you. Thanks guys. It's not an emergency, it's just keeping me from updating my active campaign to b90.

LordXeen
Kobold

Post by LordXeen »

My group has convinced me to run our campaign using the 3d6 instead of 1d20 variant as detailed in Unearthed Arcana p 132. (Bell Curve Rolls) What do I need to change in the framework to make this work?

I guess the main thing is attack rolls, saving throws, stat and skill checks, and caster level checks. I also need to fix weapons to use the new crit ranges. I would love to still be able to import stat blocks into tokens and have the crit ranges of weapons adjust automatically.

So, where do I start?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Error with b90-beta?

Post by wolph42 »

jstak wrote: 
  Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): macro("Invent Main Starter@Lib:inventory")       Statement Body : ""
I get this error when using the framework with b90-beta. Anyone know of a fix or workaround? It happens when using the inventory macro on some PC tokens.
/
it turned out to be a bug in b90. I've created a workaround for it. You can find a lib token attached to this post:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 80#p250980
download it and drop it in the framework. Save and reload and it should work again.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Real quick just a couple questions:
1. When I make a new campaign macro (basically copy the multiple skill check button in the sample and make it roll what I want), it will disappear for myself if I log out and the GM keeps the server up.
2. Is there a way to program a macro to countdown the rage rounds I have left as a barbarian, or to count down a duration spell like shield (rounds left)?
3. Is there a way to program into the attacking GUI something to the extent of checking for flanking on the target and adding a bonus to dmg if successful check?

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

1. I did some testing, and I see what you're saying. Interestingly, the macros are still there for the GM hosting. Looks like when a new player connects, Maptool only broadcasts macros that were there when the server was started. The workaround is for the host to either restart the server or just edit each macro that isn't visible and immediately resave it (Just Edit then OK). Restarting the server will make it so everyone who connects from then on will see the macro. The resaving will only work for people currently connected.

2. A) There is a macro on one of the tokens on the map "~~ Libraries & Utils" called "Action Points". When you put this on a token, it creates a spendable point system for that token. The GM can then use the "Action Point" campaign macro to set up how many points the token gets each day (reset by resting). You can use this to manually track rage rounds used. With a little editing, you can make it say rage rounds, but if you're not using action points, no need to change it. Just remember to click each round you rage.
B) There's a campaign macro called "Setup Timer". The way this would work for tracking a spell like shield is for the GM to drag any token onto his map that he wants to represent the spell. You then use the "Setup Timer" to place it into the initiative for X number of rounds. Every time it comes up on initiative, GM clicks "Next (Timer)" macro, and 1 round goes off the ticker. So, for a level 1 shield spell cast by a mage who rolled initiative of 13, you would set up a 10 round timer at initiative 13.01. Again on the "~~ Libraries & Utils" map there is a timer icon that has the necessary macros already attached to it, so you don't even have to go look through the campaign macro list when it comes up. Just copy the timer to your current map, click the setup on the token itself, then click the next button on the token every time it comes up in combat.

3. I doubt it would be possible to have the framework do the check for you, and would be very intense if it was. Unfortunately, you'll have to manually check the boxes for flanking and input any extra sneak attack damage yourself.
smartsoldier wrote:Real quick just a couple questions:
1. When I make a new campaign macro (basically copy the multiple skill check button in the sample and make it roll what I want), it will disappear for myself if I log out and the GM keeps the server up.
2. Is there a way to program a macro to countdown the rage rounds I have left as a barbarian, or to count down a duration spell like shield (rounds left)?
3. Is there a way to program into the attacking GUI something to the extent of checking for flanking on the target and adding a bonus to dmg if successful check?

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Thanks a lot. Always helpful!

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Yet another question for you!
Is there a way to program in "Raging Vitality" for when I rage directly into the macro, or possibly just make a new one? Also, it would be nice if it could add the extra hp I get from the increased CON when raging, and then remove it when I stop and automatically become fatigued?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

smartsoldier wrote:Yet another question for you!
Is there a way to program in "Raging Vitality" for when I rage directly into the macro, or possibly just make a new one? Also, it would be nice if it could add the extra hp I get from the increased CON when raging, and then remove it when I stop and automatically become fatigued?
I think normal rage mod will take care of that. A popup happens and default is at 4 CON, but you can change to 6 CON. I'm pretty sure you gain the HP from the extra CON and lose it when rage ends (hopefully not killing you).

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

aliasmask wrote:I think normal rage mod will take care of that. A popup happens and default is at 4 CON, but you can change to 6 CON. I'm pretty sure you gain the HP from the extra CON and lose it when rage ends (hopefully not killing you).
Exactly this. When you toggle rage on, just bump the con mod +2. It goes to +8 on the popup, so you'll only run into a problem if you're at level 20. When you toggle rage off it takes away the HP and automatically applies the fatigue state.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Dorn wrote:
aliasmask wrote:I think normal rage mod will take care of that. A popup happens and default is at 4 CON, but you can change to 6 CON. I'm pretty sure you gain the HP from the extra CON and lose it when rage ends (hopefully not killing you).
Exactly this. When you toggle rage on, just bump the con mod +2. It goes to +8 on the popup, so you'll only run into a problem if you're at level 20. When you toggle rage off it takes away the HP and automatically applies the fatigue state.
Ah, but I notice the menu does both CON and STR, so if you want to only increase CON by +2 those items would need to be separated on input. I would probably just make a mod for the extra +2 CON. Changing the code wouldn't be too bad, but you would have to add another variable to separate STR and CON.

Actually, here's a fix for you. You'll find pRage at bottom of core under utility mods.

Code: Select all

@@ @pRage
[H: cancel = input(
  "junk|Rage (Barbarian and Spell)||LABEL|SPAN=TRUE",
  "sB|2,4,6,8,10|STR Bonus|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1",
  "cB|2,4,6,8,10|CON Bonus|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1",
  "wB|1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8|WILL Save Bonus|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1",
  "aP|0,2,4|AC Penalty|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1",
  "f|No,Yes|Fatigues?|Radio|ORIENT=H SELECT=1"
)]
[H: abort(cancel)]
[H: sB = (sB + 1) * 2]
[H: cB = (cB + 1) * 2]
[H: wB = wB + 1]
[H: aP = aP * 2]

[H: macro.return = json.set("{}","gMs",sB,"gMw",wB,"gMa",aP,"gMf",f,"gMc",cB) ]

!!
Changing the code there and then editing the Mod under con to say this:

Code: Select all

json.get(globalMod,"gMc")
You can set the progression as high as you like. I know a Bloodrager (ACG - not yet out) can give him +7 Will at 14 and +8 at 20th during rage.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Alright, I made a new macro with that rage code and it works great! However, what do you mean "editing the mod under con"? I assume this has something to do with the fact that the new macro I made doesn't actually change my stats yet?

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”