MT1.3b87.07.u02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (UPDATE 2)

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

MT1.3b87.07.u02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (UPDATE 2)

Post by lmarkus001 »

Check out the Maptool 1.3b90 compatible release... http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=25258

Released!
MT1.3.87.07.u02_DnD35_Pathfinder.cmpgn
Alternate Download if primary is down

UPDATE 2: in development
  • Corrects OneClick damage link
    Corrects resized damage for weapon damage entries that look like 1d6+1
    Cleaner output for HealAnother and Pathfinder Channel
    More stable token image when using Disguise and HPChange
UPDATE 1:
  • Corrects ManyShot for both Pathfinder and D&D3.5
    • Pathfinder = Fullround, one extra arrow damage, no penalty to attack
    • D&D3.5 = Standard/Single attack, multiple extra arrow damages based on BAB, progressively larger penalty to attack
    Macros changed: Attack, LibAttack, LibAttack.sub
I recommend a stack size of 3MB for this version.
NOTE: This will be my last 1.3b87 release. I will do one or two 1.3b90beta releases (b89 is unusable for me), then will probably move to MOTE.

1.3b87_07
=========

Lots of new stuff as well as updated stuff (aka I did a bad job of documenting changes this go around so this list will be incomplete).
  • Token-Map Independence - The action links on the Character sheet can now be run when you are on a different map than where your token resides. So if you are looking at a map of the world and the GM asks for a Knowledge check, you can roll it without swapping back to the map your token resides on! This is also true of the Attack Frame.
  • Summon -
    • Completed core Pathfinder summon-able creatures (some variants are included as well).
    • Broke out the various types (Monster, Nature's Ally, Undead, Bag of Tricks, Utility) so the picklist is easier to navigate.
    • Added Skeleton and Zombie templates which you can apply to the summoned critter.
    • Some new Utility tokens to include a modified Azhrei Harrow Deck, and a token with created gear on it (like chain mail).
    • The Finish Summon macro now works smartly with creatures as well as utility tokens (does not prompt for templates and hitpoints for the utility tokens)
  • Skeleton and Zombie Pathfinder templates.
  • Weaponset / Combat -
    • Weaponset config now includes
      • Damage Modifier
      • Range type (Melee,Bow,Crossbow,Thrown)
      • Range Increment
      • Overrides for Attack Stat, Damage Stat, Damage Stat Multiplier. This allows you to change to a different stat for attack and/or damage (so you could use Int and Cha for example).
      • An additional weapon extra damage type (in case you have a flaming+shock weapon)
      • Size changes damage dice. A Weaponset has a defined size (default Medium), and the Attack Frame/Dialog allows for a variant size which will modify the base damage dice of the weaponset. So if you have a medium shortsword (1d6) and you select Large in the Attack, the damage dice will be changed to 1d8.
      • Advantage/Disadvantage - You can choose to roll two d20s and take the highest or lowest when attacking.
      • Output reformated - modified Aliasmask's fancy chat output table which includes click-able damage and click-able targets.
      • Added the Medium Natural Attacks to weaponset21-30.
    • If a Primary target is selected, Higher Ground, Range increments, and Point Blank Shot will be automatically calculated. The range will take into account elevation.
  • Saving Throw Advantage/Disadvantage - You can choose to roll two d20s and take the highest or lowest when saving.
  • Character Sheet - added Elevation and Feat-listings
  • Feats - There is now a checklist of Feat names that you can select for a creature/PC. The full list will show on the Character Sheet, a reduced list will show in the statsheet. This checklist is cosmetic but there is a correlation between this list and the framework feats lists (so if you select Point Blank Shot in this list, the PointBlankShot framework feat will also be checked).
  • Creature Sub-types - Added more since more were added by Paizo.
  • Campaign Properties
    • Very basic Ship property set (for Pathfinder Skull and Shackles)
  • Mod-Sets -
    • First cut at a Pathfinder polymorph category: Beast Shape. This was a bear :-)
      • It only prompts for the changes available at the selected tier (I,II,III,IV).
      • It applies tier limitations (max fly of 30 for tier I).
      • It applies an Animal (or Magical Beast) overlay token state icon.
      • A baseline set of natural weapons can now be found in weaponsets21-30 (and you can use the new attack as a different size to easily resize this damage).
    • Rage - separated str/con per the discussion in the forum.
  • Harrow Deck - Summon this token then run the macros on it. Each token will function as a separate deck (may need to name them uniquely?). The deck is shuffled and a fresh set of cards is dealt out when Harrow Layout is run. Harrow Reading will display the result of Harrow Layout (so run Harrow Layout once, then you can run Harrow Reading at any time to see the stored layout). The reading is displayed in chat and in a frame. A detailed GM-only reading is also available in a frame if you click the GM Detailed Reading link in the chat.
  • Deck of Many Things map - use the macros on the DeckofManyThings token and on the card tokens when they are created. This is just a way to deal out the cards. It is kind of silly but I had it laying around so threw it in, feel free to delete the map and related tables if you want to reduce the file size.
  • Integrated several of AliasMask's modifications to include Elevation, fancier combat output, auto-detection of range and higher ground mods.

OTHER's TOOLS
  • Updated Lib:Play (Rumble's Dice tool) to have unique calls so it is not stomped on by Wolf42s Bag of Tricks. That way if you prefer some features of this dice tool you can still have it.
  • PF Statblock2Token - Corrected Vulnerability, Added Feats (fails if there is a compound feat with multiple entries like: Weapon Focus(bite,claw) )

Specific Areas Modified
Campaign Properties: Pathfinder, DnD35, Ship. STATES: Aliasmask's Elevation states, Generic creature type overlay
Maps: ~ PF Summoned Critters, Random_PF_Critters, Deck_of_Many_Things, ~~ Libraries & Utils
Library Tokens: Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder, Lib:Play, Lib:msg_mngr
Sample Tokens: DnD35 - Bard macros: Knowledge and Fascinate
Campaign Macros
Table - SysVars, SysSetup, Harrow Deck, Harrow Data, DeckofManyThings, CreatSubtypePF

Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: MT1.3b87.07 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (coming soon!)

Post by Elorebaen »

This looks like a grrreat update!!
I am especially excited about the following:
  • Added Skeleton and Zombie templates which you can apply to the summoned critter.
  • Some new Utility tokens to include a modified Azhrei Harrow Deck, and a token with created gear on it (like chain mail).
  • Harrow Deck - Summon this token then run the macros on it. Each token will function as a separate deck (may need to name them uniquely?). The deck is shuffled and a fresh set of cards is dealt out when Harrow Layout is run. Harrow Reading will display the result of Harrow Layout (so run Harrow Layout once, then you can run Harrow Reading at any time to see the stored layout). The reading is displayed in chat and in a frame. A detailed GM-only reading is also available in a frame if you click the GM Detailed Reading link in the chat.
  • If a Primary target is selected, Higher Ground, Range increments, and Point Blank Shot will be automatically calculated. The range will take into account elevation.
Thanks LM!!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b87.07 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (UNtested)

Post by lmarkus001 »

Some quick tests find no obvious failures in 1.3.90 rebuild (b91 per Wolf42).

I will do some extensive testing, and work in the latest Bag of Tricks for an additional release once this framework release goes live (probably this weekend, Monday at the latest for the b87 framework release).

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:Some quick tests find no obvious failures in 1.3.90 rebuild (b91 per Wolf42).

I will do some extensive testing, and work in the latest Bag of Tricks for an additional release once this framework release goes live (probably this weekend, Monday at the latest for the b87 framework release).
Awesome, thanks LM!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Test run uncovered a number of issues which I am resolving. One of the funner ones was a player summoned a critter and then applied the summoning modifications (Finish Summon) to one of the other player's token instead of the summoned token. She was happy to be "Augmented"...

But I just had a significant brain storm, I realized I can probably make the Character Sheet links and Attack Frame function when the player is on a map that is different from where their token resides! This has been a longstanding issue and I think I have an acceptable workaround which I want to code for this release.

The idea is, store the home map of the token in the frame data, then when you click a link, compare that map with the current map, if it differs, swap to the home map, run the macro, then return to the live map. This is not glamorous but should give core functionality.

EDIT: Proof of Concept has been successful!

I have the Attack Frame working when your token is not on the current map, and I have most of the links in the character sheet working as well!

I know my group will love this. We are always over looking at a map page or on a ship pursuit page that does not have their tokens, and if I ask for a Knowledge check they either just manually do a d20 or they have to swap back to the map containing their token. Now they can just click the skill check on their character sheet and viola!

EDIT 2: It is coming along...

I have the Attack Frame fully map independent now, and much of the character sheet is as well (or at least the Main page is). This is taking more time than I hoped, but will be well worth it in the end. So this release probably won't be out until later this week, after which I will work on testing with 1.3.90b.

CecaiGuardian
Kobold

Re: MT1.3b87.07 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (Latest Versio

Post by CecaiGuardian »

...Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
So excited about the new release! No more tallying up the blasted damage!!
Did find two bugs, though. The following is for a 3.5 campaign.
When using Manyshot, it only added one additional attack regardless of the character's BAB.

For every five points of base attack bonus you have above +6, you may add one additional arrow to this attack, to a maximum of four arrows at a base attack bonus of +16. However, each arrow after the second adds a cumulative -2 penalty on the attack roll (for a total penalty of -6 for three arrows and -8 for four).

Secondly, when using the damage link provided by the attack table while multiple targets are selected, I found an interesting bug; instead of applying the damage to all of the selected targets (or even just throwing an error), it would apply damage on one of the tokens a number of times equal to the amount of tokens I selected.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Sweet!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

CecaiGuardian wrote:...Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
So excited about the new release! No more tallying up the blasted damage!!
When using Manyshot, it only added one additional attack regardless of the character's BAB.

For every five points of base attack bonus you have above +6, you may add one additional arrow to this attack, to a maximum of four arrows at a base attack bonus of +16. However, each arrow after the second adds a cumulative -2 penalty on the attack roll (for a total penalty of -6 for three arrows and -8 for four).

Secondly, when using the damage link provided by the attack table while multiple targets are selected, I found an interesting bug; instead of applying the damage to all of the selected targets (or even just throwing an error), it would apply damage on one of the tokens a number of times equal to the amount of tokens I selected.
Ah yeah, I tried to validate the various changes AliasMask had made and made many corrections/enhancements, but missed the Manyshot one. Should be an easy fix.

The links are coded to be one use only links. Seems you found an interesting way of killing off one guy with a single 6 points of damage :-) I will investigate a resolution to this issue.

I have been waffling on if I should leave those as one click, or remove that restriction. It adds bloat to player tokens that might become significant over time.

One thing about the damage number provided... previously I would load the extra damage with poison/disease effects (like 1d2 points of strength damage). If those are left in, the damage reported will be 1d2 greater than it should be. So they need to be moved out and just noted as text in the SA/SQ areas or Note part of the token. I believe I corrected the summoned entries for all the Pathfinder tokens, but I did not process the D&D35 summoned tokens.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

CecaiGuardian wrote:...
When using Manyshot, it only added one additional attack regardless of the character's BAB....
Updated version is up that corrects Manyshot (see the link in the first post).

Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: MT1.3b87.07.u01 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (Latest)

Post by Elorebaen »

Thanks for the head's up. Will test on Sunday!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

CecaiGuardian wrote:...
I think I have this resolved. I will play test it this Friday and then release shortly thereafter if all goes well.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Re: MT1.3b87.07.u02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (UPDATE 2)

Post by smartsoldier »

Using the bag of tricks: After I initialize a door, when I try to toggle it I get "Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h,if(argCount() == 4), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [mainDoor = getName(arg(0))] [closeEnough = arg(1)] [operator = arg(2)] [tokList = arg(3)". Can you infer anything I can do to fix this from the error itself?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

smartsoldier wrote:Using the bag of tricks: After I initialize a door, when I try to toggle it I get "Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h,if(argCount() == 4), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [mainDoor = getName(arg(0))] [closeEnough = arg(1)] [operator = arg(2)] [tokList = arg(3)". Can you infer anything I can do to fix this from the error itself?
Can you share the map?

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

You are out of bandwidth on the box.com account you are hosting the file on. If you email it to me I can rehost on my account. [email protected]
Edit: I mean to say the campaign file. I am trying to download it but box.com said you are out of bandwidth.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”