MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Glock-9mm
Giant

Re: MT1.3b91.02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED

Post by Glock-9mm »

As to the above (The attack button) we have just decided to habit change rather than try and fix it.

Now some stuff I have noticed using this framework and I am wondering if its working as intended?

PF Statblock2Token 2.0.2 - When using this it works fine until I add a mod to a monster, it then kills any Visions that were added to the token during the setup
* Example: Apply Any monster Statbock with Darkvision to a Token
* Activate Bless on that Token
* Token looses Darkvision
* Therefore Darkvision has to be added after import in the senses Tab

Attack Frame
* When using this and there are 2 "Token Owners" of a token it displays the attack output in chat twice?
* When "All Players" are selected and an attack is performed, only the GM sees the attack of the PC?

Weapon Setup
* Adding Static damage in the Variants Tab needs to be either braceted (12) or displayed like so 12D1 - Any idea why?

REQUESTS

Weapon Setup - So I love where the new secondary damage in the Variants Tab, is possible to get 2 more 2nd Extra Damage areas added or build in the ability to separate Dice Rolls?
* Example (2D6)+(2D6) Outs a total but in the breakdown explains that the 1st rolled X and the 2nd rolled X
Attack Panel - Is it possible to increase the increase the attack from 4 to 6? (Maybe an option to turn them on or off?)

This is all I have for now

Onwards! :)

G-9mm
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Glock-9mm wrote:Weapon Setup
* Adding Static damage in the Variants Tab needs to be either braceted (12) or displayed like so 12D1 - Any idea why?
Probably because an eval is being used and if it's a number (not a string) it blows up. Changing the line to eval(string(varName)) would fix that.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Glock-9mm wrote:...
PF Statblock2Token 2.0.2 - When using this it works fine until I add a mod to a monster, it then kills any Visions that were added to the token during the setup
* Example: Apply Any monster Statbock with Darkvision to a Token
* Activate Bless on that Token
* Token looses Darkvision
* Therefore Darkvision has to be added after import in the senses Tab
Vision is now tracked on a token. I have not updated the Statblock2Token code to incorporate that change. If you Edit Char on that token and go to the Main/Core dialog, you will see the vision choices and be able to set them there.

Chadarius
Kobold

Post by Chadarius »

What is the proper way to upgrade from a previous version? Just replace the maps?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Glock-9mm wrote: Attack Frame
* When using this and there are 2 "Token Owners" of a token it displays the attack output in chat twice?
* When "All Players" are selected and an attack is performed, only the GM sees the attack of the PC?
Ah I finally got around to looking at this and yeah, this is wonky!

It works fine if there is a single owner and the token is a PC, and it works fine if it is an NPC and there is a single owner, no owners, or All Players is set. Otherwise you get anomalous output (usually only sent to the GM). I will get this sorted out...

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

LM,

Just tried the newest version of Maptool b91. A player logging into the server received the following error message:

Error running onCampaignLoad on lib:OnTokenMove : Something went wrong: Restart the Server! The system has no GMs registered. This seems to be the result of an MT bug where the gm name is not set up correctly. You can check this by checking whether 'playerName' also occurs in 'tmpAllPlayers'. Whatever the outcome, you will need to restart the server for this game to work. The following variables are of interest, report them on the forum when you encounter this issue (this helps me debugging it): oldgmNames: [] newGmNames: [] playerName: ["Neferu"] intersect: [] tmpAllPlayers: ["DMJK","Neferu"]

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

That's a bag of tricks issue. It should help to do what it says and that is restart the server. Somehow a gm was not found. If there is no gm then you can ignore the message.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

How would I go about setting up a double-barreled gun? For example, on a full-attack action + rapid shot + haste at level 7, the attack would look something like this:

+15/+15 +13/+13 +13/+13 +8/+8

(Haste) (Normal) (+1 Rapid Shot) (Iterative)

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

wolph42 wrote:That's a bag of tricks issue. It should help to do what it says and that is restart the server. Somehow a gm was not found. If there is no gm then you can ignore the message.
Thanks Wolph! The OnCampaignLoad checks looked fine, and was showing the correct GM. I'll check again tonight when I have some players. Presuming it occurs again, is there a way to shut off that particular macro at least temporarily?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

smartsoldier wrote:How would I go about setting up a double-barreled gun? For example, on a full-attack action + rapid shot + haste at level 7, the attack would look something like this:

I'm curious about the mechanics of your attack modifiers. If it were single barrel, would it be 15/13/13/8? or was 15 a type-o and should be 18. Let's assume you can reload for free and you have a BAB of 7 (2 attacks) where your attack bonus starts at 13 with all the modifiers for double barrel (-4), rapid shot (-2).

It would be 13/13 (haste)/ 13/13 (rapid) / 13/13 (attack 1) / 8/8 (attack 2). From what I can tell, each barrel makes an attack, but the damage is either 2d8 for one hit, or 4d8 for a double hit and then adds any other modifiers. Sort of like a vital strike/manyshot combo. There is no built in mechanic to really handle this. What I would probably do is make the weapon 2d8 with 2d8 extra damage. The output shows an alternate roll in the tooltip to represent your second attack (unless it's a critical then you just have to roll again). The tooltip shows the extra 2d8 separately so you can manually include/remove that damage from total.

I'm in the middle of small rewrite and I'll keep this mechanic in mind. If I'm wrong in interpreting the double-barrel mechanic let me know and site a source if you could.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Elorebaen wrote:
wolph42 wrote:That's a bag of tricks issue. It should help to do what it says and that is restart the server. Somehow a gm was not found. If there is no gm then you can ignore the message.
Thanks Wolph! The OnCampaignLoad checks looked fine, and was showing the correct GM. I'll check again tonight when I have some players. Presuming it occurs again, is there a way to shut off that particular macro at least temporarily?
Its mainly used for message macros in the BoT, which afaik Lindsay does not use. So if it happens again, you can ignore it.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

wolph42 wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:
Its mainly used for message macros in the BoT, which afaik Lindsay does not use. So if it happens again, you can ignore it.
Sounds good, thanks!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:How would I go about setting up a double-barreled gun? For example, on a full-attack action + rapid shot + haste at level 7, the attack would look something like this:

Define one barrel of the gun as a ranged weapon. Then select that weapon twice in the attack frame/dialog. It will generate two unique identical attacks...

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Elorebaen wrote:LM,

Just tried the newest version of Maptool b91. A player logging into the server received the following error message:

Error running onCampaignLoad on lib:OnTokenMove : Something went wrong: Restart the Server! The system has no GMs registered. This seems to be the result of an MT bug where the gm name is not set up correctly. You can check this by checking whether 'playerName' also occurs in 'tmpAllPlayers'. Whatever the outcome, you will need to restart the server for this game to work. The following variables are of interest, report them on the forum when you encounter this issue (this helps me debugging it): oldgmNames: [] newGmNames: [] playerName: ["Neferu"] intersect: [] tmpAllPlayers: ["DMJK","Neferu"]

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
Yeah that is a Bag of Tricks hiccup. I have not tried the release B91 yet. I am afraid of the macro changes (token layer filter removal). If this ends up being a pain, I will likely just put my efforts into Mote and leave my framework b90b/b89pNerps compatible. I don't want to spend a lot of time on two different forks, so if b91 takes a lot of effort, I will just take that as a sign to start on the Mote conversion. I will do some testing, probably in the next couple of weeks.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:LM,

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
Yeah that is a Bag of Tricks hiccup. I have not tried the release B91 yet. I am afraid of the macro changes (token layer filter removal). If this ends up being a pain, I will likely just put my efforts into Mote and leave my framework b90b/b89pNerps compatible. I don't want to spend a lot of time on two different forks, so if b91 takes a lot of effort, I will just take that as a sign to start on the Mote conversion. I will do some testing, probably in the next couple of weeks.
(actually its a maptool hiccup, which not only thhwarts the BoT, sometimes, isGM() does not function for the gm. Which results in that issue.)

anyhoo you can always reapply the filters per default on the macros. What you need to do is create userdefined functions of these functions (using Wiki: oldFunction()) and then apply a filter. This way the macro returns tokens only. (is this too vague?)

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”