MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b91.02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED

Post by lmarkus001 »

wolph42 wrote:
anyhoo you can always reapply the filters per default on the macros. What you need to do is create userdefined functions of these functions (using Wiki: oldFunction()) and then apply a filter. This way the macro returns tokens only. (is this too vague?)
Nope, not vague. The issue may be performance. Some of my get() routines are already notoriously slow (Black Tentacles and AoE frame leap to mind) and adding additional fetches and intersections may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:LM,

Just tried the newest version of Maptool b91. A player logging into the server received the following error message:

Error running onCampaignLoad on lib:OnTokenMove : Something went wrong: Restart the Server! The system has no GMs registered. This seems to be the result of an MT bug where the gm name is not set up correctly. You can check this by checking whether 'playerName' also occurs in 'tmpAllPlayers'. Whatever the outcome, you will need to restart the server for this game to work. The following variables are of interest, report them on the forum when you encounter this issue (this helps me debugging it): oldgmNames: [] newGmNames: [] playerName: ["Neferu"] intersect: [] tmpAllPlayers: ["DMJK","Neferu"]

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
Yeah that is a Bag of Tricks hiccup. I have not tried the release B91 yet. I am afraid of the macro changes (token layer filter removal). If this ends up being a pain, I will likely just put my efforts into Mote and leave my framework b90b/b89pNerps compatible. I don't want to spend a lot of time on two different forks, so if b91 takes a lot of effort, I will just take that as a sign to start on the Mote conversion. I will do some testing, probably in the next couple of weeks.
Quick status check. My player updated to the newest version of Java and that actually helped.

I totally understand about your efforts. Whatever direction you decide, please post a note :)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Ya, keep us updated :)

We heavily rely on the Pathfinder framework as well... I just wish we had GitHub for macros/frameworks, I'm having a heck of a time re-merging my changes...
-Jamz

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

After some quick testing, it seems I did something right in the past :-) The AE frame and Black Tentacles both only effect tokens with framework properties (Pathfinder or DnD35). So having other layers detected and processed does not matter as I discard any token that is not a creature!

So I will do a play test when next my group meets up, but it is looking good for b91.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:After some quick testing, it seems I did something right in the past :-) The AE frame and Black Tentacles both only effect tokens with framework properties (Pathfinder or DnD35). So having other layers detected and processed does not matter as I discard any token that is not a creature!

So I will do a play test when next my group meets up, but it is looking good for b91.
Yay!

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

We have used your framework for years and I absolutely think it's the best and most complete one for D&D so thank you so much for all the hard work and dedication!

I am sure you have been asked this already but I do not see it so here goes...
*On bended knee with clasped hands*

Please tell us you have plans on making a 5E framework!?!?

Kodi
Kobold

Post by Kodi »

Great framework. Thanks for continuing to improve it over the years.

Here are a few suggested minor tweaks and fixes:

MENU BAR: EDIT -> CAMPAIGN PROPERTIES:

Remove the asterisk in front of the following line so that it won't appear in the tooltip:
IsBloodied (Is Bloodied):[r:if(HP/HPmax < 0.5, "YES!", "")]
Creatures usually have health bars; so it seems redundant to indicate when they're bloodied (except in 4e).

Since the token property Visible_Gear gets erased whenever Core Stats are updated (and possibly other times), I added at the top *Visible Weapons and *Visible Gear (without the underscore) and removed the asterisk in front of Visible_Gear so that it is hidden. Then press the Update button to save. That way, a GM can edit these fields directly and have them reliably displayed to players.

BUTTON: EDIT MODS:

The formula for the Witch->Evil Eye mods (all of them) seems incorrect. Change formula from:
Old: max(4, min(2, floor(WitchLevel/8+1)))*-1
New: min(2, floor(WitchLevel/8+1))*-2
In addition, for Evil Eye - AC: Move globalMod from ArmorMod to ACMod.

Edit Mods -> Condition -> Pinned: Remove the -4 Dex from it because pinned doesn't stack with grappled, so the victim doesn't take -4 to Dex. But keep the -4 to AC because it does suffer that, and it also loses its dex bonus to AC.

Edit Mods -> Monk -> Monk AC Bonus:
Wrong/original: floor(Monk_Level/5)+WisB
New/correct: floor(Monk_Level/4)+WisB
This change might be specific to Pathfinder rather than 3.5e.

Edit Mods -> Spell -> Divine Favor:
Wrong/original: min(6,max(1,floor(DivineFavor_Caster_Level/3)+1))
New/correct: min(3,max(1,floor(DivineFavor_Caster_Level/3)))
This change might be specific to Pathfinder rather than 3.5e.

It seems very helpful to have a state image for charging/lunging/cleaving to remind that the checkbox should be unchecked when no longer applicable (the next time the creature attacks). Here's one quick and dirty way to do this until a more permanent method is designed (assuming you like it):

Edit->Campaign-States->EaglesSplendor: Uncheck mouseover so that the icon is always visible). Press Update then Ok.
Edit Mods -> Combat -> Charge/Lunge/Cleave: Associate a state image: EaglesSplendor

Also, the Flurry of Blows checkbox reduces a creature's BAB and thus also its displayed CMD. There may be other issues with how Flurry works. So in general, I wind up not using the Flurry checkbox and instead I create a custom weapon for monks that uses natural weapons to simulate a flurry. But when a monk's BAB rises high enough to warrant iterative attacks, I then adjust the flurry weapon to be more like two-weapon fighting, then hard-code their BAB to be their monk level and apply an equipment item that reduces their CMD by the proper amount. But this isn't a complete solution since a monk's BAB would then be too high when he doesn't flurry. That could be handled by having a weapon called Unarmed Strike (single attack) that has a proper penalty in it to reduce the total attack bonus.

Thanks!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Kodi wrote:
Since the token property Visible_Gear gets erased whenever Core Stats are updated (and possibly other times), I added at the top *Visible Weapons and *Visible Gear (without the underscore) and removed the asterisk in front of Visible_Gear so that it is hidden. Then press the Update button to save. That way, a GM can edit these fields directly and have them reliably displayed to players.
Actually, Visible_Gear is programmatically populated based on info in the Notes field of equipment mod-sets that provide AC. You can see example of this buy checking out some of the armor mod-sets on the UTIL: Useful Gear token (summon-able).

Additionally, there is the ability (on the character sheet) to show what is held in each hand. This will show on the statsheet.

Kodi
Kobold

Post by Kodi »

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

jcdunn
Kobold

Re: MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED AGAIN

Post by jcdunn »

Keep getting errors on Java 8 when trying to change pages on the character sheet (same error also comes up when setting up a character for the first time when it opens the weapon page):

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedHashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)
at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedKeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Collections$3.nextElement(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.htmlframe.HTMLPane.setText(HTMLPane.java:165)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.htmlframe.HTMLPanel$2.run(HTMLPanel.java:92)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:36)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas what could be causing it? It happens when I say open the character sheet and click armor, speed, whatever and then results in a blank page.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but it could be due to stylesheets. Java 8 has some weird bug involving those which effects MT. I went back to java 7 because of it, but the only current resolution is to have only 7 or fewer styles and/or put all the CSS in the tags. That's if it's the same problem I'm thinking of. I made a bug report recently about it in the forums.

jcdunn
Kobold

Post by jcdunn »

That worked fantastic Allas (and everything runs much faster now too), really appreciate the assistance, and everyone's contributions to this tool. It is sooo much better and easier to use than the paid tools.

Salvorin_Fex
Kobold

Post by Salvorin_Fex »

Great Framework, ThanK you for your dedication!!

After updating my MT map to the latest framework, my players can't see anything under the Campaign Window and the Edit Char button under the Selection Window errors out.

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.
Statement options (if any): H
Statement Body : tokenType = getPropertyType(ids)
Does anyone have any ideas as to the behavior?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sal

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Salvorin_Fex wrote: After updating my MT map to the latest framework, my players can't see anything under the Campaign Window and the Edit Char button under the Selection Window errors out.
Sal
Some further details would be helpful. What Java version are you running (I assume Java7)? What MapTool are you running (1.3.b89Nerps, 1.3.b90, 1.3.b90beta, 1.3.b91)? What memory configurations are being used (Stack 3MB, Max memory 1024MB)?

If your players see nothing in the Campaign Macro window, then that is a server launch setting: Players Receive Campaign Macros

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”