MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED AGAIN

Post by aliasmask »

Salvorin_Fex wrote:Great Framework, ThanK you for your dedication!!

After updating my MT map to the latest framework, my players can't see anything under the Campaign Window and the Edit Char button under the Selection Window errors out.

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.
Statement options (if any): H
Statement Body : tokenType = getPropertyType(ids)
Does anyone have any ideas as to the behavior?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sal
I think this has something to do with the stylesheet for the character sheet. Uninstall java 8 and install java 7.

Salvorin_Fex
Kobold

Post by Salvorin_Fex »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Salvorin_Fex wrote: After updating my MT map to the latest framework, my players can't see anything under the Campaign Window and the Edit Char button under the Selection Window errors out.
Sal
Some further details would be helpful. What Java version are you running (I assume Java7)? What MapTool are you running (1.3.b89Nerps, 1.3.b90, 1.3.b90beta, 1.3.b91)? What memory configurations are being used (Stack 3MB, Max memory 1024MB)?

If your players see nothing in the Campaign Macro window, then that is a server launch setting: Players Receive Campaign Macros
I believe we are all using Java 7, running ver b91 of MT, I am running 1024 max and 6mb stack and the campaign macro WAS unchecked.
So that last part was my bad and caused lots of undue trouble shooting.

Thanks

Sal

Salvorin_Fex
Kobold

Post by Salvorin_Fex »

aliasmask wrote:
Salvorin_Fex wrote:Great Framework, ThanK you for your dedication!!

After updating my MT map to the latest framework, my players can't see anything under the Campaign Window and the Edit Char button under the Selection Window errors out.

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.
Statement options (if any): H
Statement Body : tokenType = getPropertyType(ids)
Does anyone have any ideas as to the behavior?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sal
I think this has something to do with the stylesheet for the character sheet. Uninstall java 8 and install java 7.
We will definitely try that, Thanks.

Sal

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

A maximum stack of 4MB should cover about anything this framework and other tools would use. Greater than 4MB is not good, I would reduce your setting.

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

I'm getting a weird error when we try to add skills, or items we get and error. Not sure if any thing else but still working on finding it.

When we try to edit skills:
Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): SWITCH( tChoice ), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): case 0: { [MACRO("editMain@"+tLib): "Page=Main"] }; case 1: { [MACRO("editSpeed@"+tLib): "Page=Speed"] }; case 2: { [H,MACRO("changeElevation@"+tLib): ""] }; case 3: { [MACRO("editFeats@

When we try to add an item say a backpack in goods:
 Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): if(categorypick == "Wands"), code       Statement Body : { [macro("Add Wands@Lib:inventory"):""] };{ [macro("Add 4E Item@Lib:inventory"): pass] }

StartLine:
start C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7\bin\javaw -Xmx6144M -Xss4M -jar maptool-1.3.b90.jar run

So far with what is working it awesome.

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

BearFather wrote:I'm getting a weird error when we try to add skills, or items we get and error. Not sure if any thing else but still working on finding it.

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): SWITCH( tChoice ), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): case 0: { [MACRO("editMain@"+tLib): "Page=Main"] }; case 1: { [MACRO("editSpeed@"+tLib): "Page=Speed"] }; case 2: { [H,MACRO("changeElevation@"+tLib): ""] }; case 3: { [MACRO("editFeats@

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): if(categorypick == "Wands"), code       Statement Body : { [macro("Add Wands@Lib:inventory"):""] };{ [macro("Add 4E Item@Lib:inventory"): pass] }

StartLine:
start C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7\bin\javaw -Xmx6144M -Xss4M -jar maptool-1.3.b90.jar run

I just saw I gave no real info in this post. Sorry it was a late night when I posted this.

This happens on several systems. In dnd 3.5 templates.
Mine:
java7 and java8 installed, bat file points to jre7 path
commandline: -Xmx6144M -Xss4M
windows 7 64bit

Server:
java7 only
commandline: -Xmx1024M -Xss3M
windows 2008 32 bit

user:
java 7, not sure if the only version.
commandline: ???
windows 7 64bit

I had tried this both as my machine as the server, and the server as the server.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

May not be related, but java 7 and 8 don't play well together. You should just chose 1 and since there are a couple of things in this FW that don't work with 8, I recommend using only 7. Also, double check you actually have the 64bit version installed. Default download gives you 32bit. Also, check out this post: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25523

The zip file has a link for direct download as well as other goodies.

Mackenpood
Kobold

Post by Mackenpood »

BearFather wrote:I'm getting a weird error when we try to add skills, or items we get and error. Not sure if any thing else but still working on finding it.

StartLine:

Hi, I have been having the same problem as you when I try to add items. I used to be able to add anything to a token's inventory, but today I noticed some tokens would get errors when I tried to modify their inventory. I have a map called 'Tokens' which is where all my players' tokens are stored, and I copied all their tokens to the starting map when the adventure began. Some tokens and their duplicates are fine, and I can add any item without errors, but some sets of tokens only have one functioning token with regards to adding items, either on the 'Token Map' or in the adventure map. I found out that simply creating the token and running the token setup macro again usually fixed the problem. If not, I'd just try again, since I haven't yet run into a situation where this method hasn't produced a working token. It can be time consuming, but I haven't found a real fix yet. I've started learning the macro language in hopes that one day I might be able to figure out why this happens, but hopefully this helps. I was almost tearing my hair out in frustration this morning since I have a D&D session tomorrow until I remembered this "fix"!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

StartLine:

Short Answer: Use MapTool 1.3.b91

This is a MapTool version issue. MT1.3.b90 has a bug with json.sort. There is a macro solution to that bug, but it hugely slows down the framework. Instead you want to use one of the supported MapTool versions (from the initial post):

NOTE: This release is compatible with MapTool 1.3.b91, MapTool 1.3.b90b, and 1.3.b89_Nerps!_P.
If you wish to use it with serious performance issues, it will work in 1.3.b90 IF you add in the library that corrects the json.sort issue.

(The b90b I mention above is the compile that Wolf42 refers to as b91BETA.)

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

Thats what I get for not reading all the directions more then once. Will give this a go and see.

Also I need java 8 since I code java programs. And need both for it.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Currently, the only part it effects is the character sheet and Spell Library macro. Personally, I never use either anyway.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Java 8 is a pretty big show stopper at the moment as MapTool+Java8 = stylesheet issues which prevent the character sheet.

The character sheet is now the go-to place for all players. Players should open the sheet up and then have very limited interaction with the campaign macros (summon monster being a notable exception). The sheet works cross-maps, is more intuitive an interface, and is faster for many operations (like removing an active-mod). In fact there may be some functionality that is only available on the character sheet.

I am currently debating patching my framework to work with Java 8, waiting for a MapTool patch, or migrating to Mote. So for the short term, Java8 is a stumbling block.

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

Yeah it was being a dumbass and not reading. Now need to figure out why I can't start it with more then 1gig of ram on all buy my main machine. But I'm sure it's posted in here somewhere. So off I go.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

BearFather wrote:Yeah it was being a dumbass and not reading. Now need to figure out why I can't start it with more then 1gig of ram on all buy my main machine. But I'm sure it's posted in here somewhere. So off I go.
If you have a 32bit system, then you can use 1400 but not 2 gigs because of the 32bit limitation.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”