91.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

91.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Post by lmarkus001 »

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
MapTool: https://app.box.com/s/tnh52fdv0y8mqur2xrhbien7oka6l9as
MapTool Alternate: https://goo.gl/N76u7C
Mote Pathfinder: https://goo.gl/J0KWRK

I recommend a stack size of 3MB for both MapTool and Mote for this version.
NOTE: This release is compatible with NOTE2: This release is Java7 compatible. Not Java6.
NOTE3: This release is mostly Java8 compatible. Certain dialog reports will not work in Java8. Specifically the data about spells or feats (as these use too many style sheets).
NOTE4: The framework is MOSTLY MOTE compatible

1.3b91_06
=========
Updates:
  • Mote compatibility -
    Server requires at least 1800MB (so 64-bit Java) and I personally run with 3000MB.
    Client requires at least 1200MB (for 32-bit Java) but I highly recommend 1800MB (64-bit Java).
    Both need a 3MB stack.
    There are some lingering issues but it is reasonably sound. Known issues with Mote 1.4.3:
    • Deck of Many Things - not functional
    • Bag of Tricks - partially functional. This is beyond my control but I can confirm teleport pads work.
    • Mod-sets - removing all mod-sets and mod based items from a token will succeed but report an error. This is likely to be corrected in Mote 1.4.4.
    • UNTESTED: Wrathgon, Old Plothos
    • Sometimes output is not sent to all players, but the GM always receives it. For example a player rolls a skillcheck and makes that public, randomly some of the players might not see that output.
  • Attack Macros: corrected some small issues and tweaked output
  • Conditions quick links: OK/Cancel prompt to stop multi-clicking
  • Character Sheet: Added in Healing Surges remaining
  • Traits - picklist of traits for inclusion on the character sheet
  • Initiative option for GM to re-roll all initiatives each round
  • Bastards Fool - dice game from Skull n Shackles

ELEMENTS TOUCHED
  • Campaign
    Edit Char
    Healing Surge
    Init Sort-Top
    Other LGM Bastards Fool
  • Properties
    DnD35,Pathfinder: TraitsJ, sheet.traits, Weapon19:Name=Ranged Touch
    States: Private_Numbers
  • Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder
    CharSheet
    HPDying
    HPHealingSurgePC
    InitSortTop
    LibInit
    LibSummon
    NEW json.arrayToTooltip
    StatDamage
    Statblock2Token
    TurnUndeadPF
    changeElevation
    distanceStatSheet
    libAttack.sub
    setD20light
    setHeld
    subButtonModToggle
    subModToggle
    tblCShp
    tblCSskills
    tblSelectShape
    udfResizeDMG
  • Lib:UDFunctionsLGM - changed WhisperFrame output to use broadcast()
  • Tables
    SysLocale: jewelrymaking
    SysVars: parameterFeats(28), NEW Traits(30-39)
  • Lib:Spells3
    Significant changes from Aliasmask
    New classes and data scrubbing
    Changed window width to flexible
    for all macros with Text in name - replace token.name with tToken (currentToken()) for macroLink(). This corrects issues with multiple tokens with the same name.
    Output
    Generate CI Staight Links - aliasmask
    Spell Cast - renamed frame so do not get 2 frames using the spell manager
  • ~ PF Summoned Critters
    More Iconic updates
    OWNERSHIP All Players
    MoL6 Shadow Mastiff
    NA05 Rhinoceros - Woolly
    UTIL: Useful_Gear
    UTIL-GM: TeleportPad
    UTIL-GM: Harrow Deck
  • ~ D&D35 Summoned Critters
    OWNERSHIP All Players
    UTIL-GM: TeleportPad
    UTIL-GM: BlackTentacles (Square Grid)
    UTIL-GM: BlackTentacles (Hex Grid)
    NA08 Salamander Noble
  • BASE
    lib:onTokenMove (updated to latest Bag of Tricks)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: 91.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (SOON-ish)

Post by lmarkus001 »

PM me if you want to mess around with the very unstable version in Mote. Because I know some folks hate to wait :-)

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Lindsay,
What sort of timeframe are you thinking for official release?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Hard to know. I have to get it functioning first :-P Still too many ugly broken things to release.

For instance, I applied a simple active mod and a token was duplicated on one map and moved on another... whatever is going on is ugly!

But I continue to make progress. Oh in case you missed it, the goal of this release is Mote compatibility. Character sheet and attack frames are working now. So a majority of functions are reasonably stable. I knew active-mods would be sticky, it has just taken me longer to get to them than I had originally estimated.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Great to hear, LM!

SenileMonk
Kobold

Post by SenileMonk »

Very appreciative of your efforts to make this Mote compatible. As I've quietly followed things I understand that it has been difficult for you. Just wanted to pass along my thanks and encouragement for taking the time to work on this as well as my thanks for the maptool version that I've been using for quite some time. Additionally, I would be willing to "mess" around with your Mote version and help what little I can to make it compatible.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Would people prefer a rigorously tested Mote compatible framework in the distant future, or a generally functional but sure to have hiccups here and there release real soon (like when Mote 1.3.8 comes out)? I believe the core framework is mostly stable at the moment...

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:Would people prefer a rigorously tested Mote compatible framework in the distant future, or a generally functional but sure to have hiccups here and there release real soon (like when Mote 1.3.8 comes out)? I believe the core framework is mostly stable at the moment...
Thank you for asking!

I'd prefer the distant option, but whatever you are happy with .

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

That reminds me, LM have you ever thought about setting up a Patreon system? I know I would gladly pay for regular updates. Just a thought.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Elorebaen wrote:That reminds me, LM have you ever thought about setting up a Patreon system? I know I would gladly pay for regular updates. Just a thought.
It is a labor of love :-) I have had a D&D game running weekly since 1982, and now we alternate in-person/MapTool campaigns to allow those who have moved away or have a sick kid to participate. So pretty much everything I do is for me, and I just share :-) Which is why my updates are so sporadic and what I update sometimes seems random.

Along those lines, I have not moved my group to Mote yet, but am hopeful to do so soon. The parts of the framework that is used the most by the group now appears to be functional, so it is almost time to see if everyone's machine can handle Mote. Mote is SO much easier to get up and running (single file download/launch) and is way faster once up and running, but it does require more RAM. So I am worried folks that are only able to run a 32-bit Java will not have enough memory to participate in a beefy campaign. I am currently running Skull and Shackles and there are tons of maps. Perhaps I will delay a release until I have done a strong playtest! Remember you can request a "current state" download if you want to be risky.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:That reminds me, LM have you ever thought about setting up a Patreon system? I know I would gladly pay for regular updates. Just a thought.
lmarkus001 wrote:It is a labor of love :-) I have had a D&D game running weekly since 1982, and now we alternate in-person/MapTool campaigns to allow those who have moved away or have a sick kid to participate. So pretty much everything I do is for me, and I just share :-) Which is why my updates are so sporadic and what I update sometimes seems random.
I am basically in the same boat, though now it is purely online. Maptool and your framework have made possible a renaissance of gaming for my old-time gaming buds. Thank you!

lmarkus001 wrote:Along those lines, I have not moved my group to Mote yet, but am hopeful to do so soon. The parts of the framework that is used the most by the group now appears to be functional, so it is almost time to see if everyone's machine can handle Mote. Mote is SO much easier to get up and running (single file download/launch) and is way faster once up and running, but it does require more RAM. So I am worried folks that are only able to run a 32-bit Java will not have enough memory to participate in a beefy campaign. I am currently running Skull and Shackles and there are tons of maps. Perhaps I will delay a release until I have done a strong playtest! Remember you can request a "current state" download if you want to be risky.
Faster, smoother ... if we can get that, with the same functionality I am ALL for it. Looking forward to it.

Thank you again for everything, LM!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

For Mote, it looks like a 32-bit version with 1200MB max ram, 3MB stack will work for a client. I tried with 1024MB (default) and ran into issues, while 1200MB gave enough room to work correctly.

The server will need to be 64-bit and at least 1800MB (I have not gone below 3000MB yet so don't know the lower value for certain). I do know the conversion process is extremely memory hungry, but once converted the mfwk file needs far less ram. When running the server, I see memory spikes in the 1600MB range (which is why I estimate at least 1800MB).

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Waiting patiently :)

Do I seem patient? I'm trying to be patient... ;)

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

I would donate to a Patreon in a heart beat. I've used this framework for the better part of 10 years and eagerly awaited each new release.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I was hopeful to do a test run last Friday but Mote had a network issue in the released version so had to abort that test. The good part is the Mote issue was found and patched, so I might get a test in this Friday.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”