MT1.3b91.05 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MT1.3b91.05 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (UPDATED)

Post by aliasmask »

B-dar wrote:Are you able to upload and post an alternate link for the download? I apologize if I am being a pain, but no matter what I try, no matter which browser or computer I use etc, I cannot download from App Box.
Yep, not working for me either and I'm not going to sign up if that is what is required to download. Perhaps put it in a zip?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Bah, Box only gives me 10GB of monthly bandwidth which I seem to have just hit, sorry about that. (I like Box as it shows me the number of downloads so I get an idea of activity and interest.) Putting an alternate link in the entry post...

B-dar
Kobold

Post by B-dar »

lmarkus001 wrote:Bah, Box only gives me 10GB of monthly bandwidth which I seem to have just hit, sorry about that. (I like Box as it shows me the number of downloads so I get an idea of activity and interest.) Here is a temporary download link on dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc54f8bv634xl ... cmpgn?dl=0
Thank you very much ^.^

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

lmarkus001 wrote:Bah, Box only gives me 10GB of monthly bandwidth which I seem to have just hit, sorry about that. (I like Box as it shows me the number of downloads so I get an idea of activity and interest.) Here is a temporary download link on dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc54f8bv634xl ... cmpgn?dl=0
Gamefront tracks number of downloads. I don't think there is a bandwidth limit. Although files that don't see any activity in a certain period (1 month?) may be removed, but that may be only for a certain time. I've had stuff there for 4 years.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Box gave me 50GB for free, and has adequate syncing. So have been reasonably happy with it. Only major issue has been the 10GB/month bandwidth (which does not impact my syncing, just other people accessing).

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

while were advertising... :mrgreen:

since the beginning of (cloud) time I've been using dropbox. I still find it most ideal as I can update files without EVER needing to do anything else. I just drag the file to the public folder (and make sure the name remains the same) and all referring links are updated with it.

To track activity I post the dropbox link through bit.ly which gives great overview of activity.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Good call with bit.ly. Dropbox does a MUCH better job of syncing vs. Box (Box is waaaaaaaay slooooower).

SDShannonS
Giant

Re: MT1.3b91.05 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Post by SDShannonS »

In the next update, can you correct the way Stat Damage works? In Pathfinder, ability score damage and drain are handled differently. Drain actually reduces the ability but damage does not. For damage, there is only an effect for every 2 points of damage incurred so 1 point of stat damage is the same as 0 points of stat damage. Similarly, 3 points of stat damage is the same as having 2 points of stat damage.

Right now, the Stat Damage macro makes no distinction between Damage and Drain, instead treating them both like Drain by reducing the relevant ability directly on a 1-for-1 basis.

For more information on how they work, scroll down to the bottom of the page here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability- ... ity-scores
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Wussy Pathfinder! Real adventurers suffer horribly!

I will see what I can do... but for now, make it permanent loss for anyone that whines!

EDIT
As I read, I see the exact same as 3.5 with some variant wording and some easement at the 1 and below stat (no dead, damage won't take below 1). The minus one per two stat is just a nice memory mechanic as you will indeed always get a minus 1 per 2, but the tables clarify the matter.

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

lmarkus001 wrote:Wussy Pathfinder! Real adventurers suffer horribly!

I will see what I can do... but for now, make it permanent loss for anyone that whines!

EDIT
As I read, I see the exact same as 3.5 with some variant wording and some easement at the 1 and below stat (no dead, damage won't take below 1). The minus one per two stat is just a nice memory mechanic as you will indeed always get a minus 1 per 2, but the tables clarify the matter.
I'm not sure what to make of the EDIT. Does that mean you will not make the change? And to which tables do you refer? Can you provide a link?
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

FYI, when taking stat damage, I only apply it in 2's. I just mental note it if I have an odd amount. So, taking 1 point of stat damage doesn't affect your character.

I thought about updating this myself, but the work around works just as well.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

SDShannonS wrote: I'm not sure what to make of the EDIT. Does that mean you will not make the change? And to which tables do you refer? Can you provide a link?
The ones in the link you provided!

I might be able to easily provide a variant start damage that applies start reductions in even increments.

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

Okay. I don't see anything in those tables that clarifies how stat damage is applied, but if it makes sense to you, then cool.

I was thinking of something like a simple radio button within the input window with options of Damage or Drain. If Damage is selected, then the amount by which the stat is reduced should be equal to floor(input/2)*2 where input is the value entered next to the stat.

If you wanted to get super fancy you could devise a means by which Damage and Drain could both be applied to a stat but that might be more work than you want to put into it.
- Mahatma Gandhi

- Jayne

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

FYI, you want to change your alternate link from dl=0 to dl=1. It prompts me to log in to dropbox otherwise.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”