MT1.3b91.05 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

MT1.3b91.05 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Post by lmarkus001 »

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://app.box.com/s/r7yw1erkdtqeqvvpz4lwsgdvvfgtvo8r
Alternate download link: https://goo.gl/xG3fhu

I recommend a stack size of 3MB for this version.
NOTE: This release is compatible with MapTool 1.3.b91, and 1.3.b89_Nerps!_P.
NOTE2: This release is Java7 compatible. Not Java6.
NOTE3: This release is mostly Java8 compatible. Certain dialog reports will not work in Java8. Specifically the data about spells or feats (as these use too many style sheets).
NOTE4: The framework is not MOTE compatible

1.3b91_05
=========
Updates:
  • Token Facing after SetLayer(): updateHPStates
  • Started Adding Iconic Pathfinder characters to Summon list
  • Channel-PF: Bonus Amount Option
  • Corrected weapon stat damage variant
  • Added Barbarian & Rogue to Plothos manager

ELEMENTS TOUCHED
Properties
  • Pathfinder & DnD35
    • Items
      InHand

Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder

subUpdateHPStatesBarsLGM
subUpdateHPStatesBarsAliasmask
udfgetDistanceElev
LibSummon
LibRollAugment
tblCSlevel
tblCSinHand
TurnUndeadPF
setD20light
setHeld
editWeapon

~ PF Summoned Critters
ICONIC0 tokens
UTIL: Useful_Gear

Lib:Spells3
Corrected Cleric PF Healing Domain
Added Rogue PF Class
Added Barbarian PF Class

1.3b91_04
=========
  • Style Sheet Removal
    • Makes framework Java8 compatible
    • Attack Frame, Character Sheet, Target Area all work now
    • Still issues with skill & spell report/data dialogs so not 100% Java8 friendly
  • Edit Mods: mod types broken out in tabs for easier editing (thanks aliasmask!)
  • Added BABMod to properties and is now a parameter in mod-sets. So effects that change your BAB can more easily be applied.
  • Mod-Sets
    • Corrected Pathfinder Witch Evil Eye
    • Corrected Nauseated spelling
    • Added min(0,-DexB) to remove DexB from AC for Blind, Cowering, Stunned
    • BABMod changes Monk Flurry of Blows, and Divine Power
  • Campaign Macros
    • Rest: Prompts with stat damage now.
    • In Hand: mimics the character sheet macro
    • Light: mimics the character sheet macro
    • Conditions: Pops up a window with the condition icons, select tokens and click icon to toggle the active-mods.
    • Statblock2Token: Several enhancements from Aliasmask and Jamz. Moved the macro to the library.
    • Initiative: Now supports multiple die rolls taking best/worst, and a temporary bonus.
  • subUpdateHPStatesBars___: reduced mod-set activations
  • getDistanceElev: updated for aliasmasks performance changes
  • Attack Frame: Now supports variable weapon selections so you can manage your Marilyths! (numWeapChoice value when calling)
Specific Areas Modified
Changed components include: Main Library Token (Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder), Campaign Properties, Table: SysSetup, lib:spells3, Campaign macros
Maps: ~ PF Summoned Critters,~~ Libraries & Utils,~ImageStore

OTHER's TOOLS

Plothos Spell Manager 3: Corrected spell lists.
Latest Bag of Tricks (37o)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b91.04 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (RELEASED)

Post by lmarkus001 »

I posted up my current release.

One caution, I have not play tested this version yet, so if a hiccup occurs, let me know! With the summer, and an in-person non-electronic game taking alternate sessions, it may be a few weeks before I get a good test in.

Framework upgrade instructions.

You have two options,
1) Move your maps into the new framework file (preferred method)
2) Move the framework elements into your campaign file

1) Migrate to new framework file (preferred method)
  • Export each of your maps (Map > Export Map...)
  • Export your Handouts table
  • Export custom Campaign macros
  • Save important tokens
    • Lib:GlobalsSRDPF (on map ~~ Libraries & Utils)
    • Lib:EventMacros (on map BASE)
  • Note any changes you have made to the Campaign Properties (Token Properties, Sight, Light, States, Bars)
  • Open the MT1.3.xx.xx_DnD35_Pathfinder framework file
  • Select the ruleset (D&D35/Pathfinder)
  • Delete maps and tables you will not use. For example, if you are running Pathfinder, you can delete the D&D3.5 maps (Random_SRD35_Critters, ~ D&D35 Summoned Critters), and the D&D3.5 tables (Confused, CreatSubtypeSRD, CreatTypeSRD).
  • Import all of your maps
  • Import your Handouts table
  • Import your custom Campaign macros
  • Replace Lib:GlobalsSRDPF (on map ~~ Libraries & Utils) with the token you saved from your campaign
  • Replace Lib:EventMacros (on map BASE) with the token you saved from your campaign
  • Update Campaign Properties with any customizations
  • Save As...
  • Load the new campaign file
  • Run the Campaign Macro: Update Global Mods (in the Setup grouping). This will refresh the mod-sets and preserve your custom sets.
  • Select the tokens with vision on each map and run the Campaign macro: Refresh Vision (in Other LGM Custom). When exported, maps do not preserve the vision setting of tokens, nor are ownership settings preserved (so you will have to reassign ownership to the tokens your players use).
  • Save
2) Update your campaign with framework elements

NOTE: This is fraught with peril. I will assume you have a recent version of the framework (aka 1.3.91.03) so the changes are not extensive.
  • Create a new copy of your campaign file (Save As...)
  • Load the latest framework
  • Export the elements of the framework
    • Campaign Properties
    • Campaign macros
    • Tables
    • Maps
      • BASE (for Bag of Tricks)
      • ~ ___ Summoned Critters (you only need the one for the ruleset you are using)
      • ~~ Libraries & Utils
  • Load your campaign copy
  • Import framework elements
    • Campaign macros. You probably want to delete any standard campaign macros first or you will get duplicates and then have to figure out which is the correct one to keep.
    • Campaing Properties. This will overwrite so you will have to reapply any customizations.
    • Tables. Delete old and replace with new.
    • Maps. BASE, ~~ Libraries & Utils, ~ ___ Summoned Critters. The map name spellings are critical so get them correct! Now replace the tokens Lib:GlobalsSRDPF (on map ~~ Libraries & Utils) and Lib:EventMacros (on map BASE) with copies from your file. Remember to run Update Global Mods when you are done. Also remember to run Refresh Vision on all tokens on the ~~ ___ Summoned Critters map.

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

What is the best and easiest way to upgrade a campaign file with dozens of maps, tables, custom states, etc. from .03 to .04? Does each map, table, state, etc. need to be individually manually exported and then individually manually imported into the new campaign file? Or is there a more efficient method?
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You'll have to do those manually because there may be newer things added. You could export your campaign properties, but it overwrites everything in the new file which may cause problems if you missed something. It's best to just re-add everything you've added manually. If you think your changes are useful to everyone you may consider posting those update so Lindsay may include in future releases.

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

What if, instead of exporting my .03 stuff and importing it into .04, I did the opposite? What if I exported the .04 macros, campaign properties, and Lib: tokens and then imported them into .03? What else would I need to import? Are any of the tables different in .04? Any other critical stuff?

Do you think that would work?
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can do that, but it'll erase any campaign props you have like new states. I suggest just exporting all your personal maps and import to new framework. Then you can manually add any new states and active mods.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I am adding in some upgrade instructions. See the second post in this thread or the link in my signature.

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

Cool. Thanks for that.

I wonder if, in the future, there might be a way to automate the process to some degree. Obviously it would require some input for the user to specify which elements were customized and thus needed to be exported/imported. Right now it just seems like a laborious process with lots of little fiddly bits. In my own campaign, I have 15 different maps, campaign-specific custom tables (random encounters and such), custom states for things like elevation, disposition (enemy, neutral, ally), custom macros (to roll encounters from the custom tables and to apply various custom states), custom lights for hex exploration, etc. and that's a lot to export/import. Some of it can't even be exported and needs to be completely re-done from scratch because it's rolled into Campaign Properties and there's no way to import just States or Light without overwriting the entire Campaign Properties. Thus my desire to keep the current campaign file and just import the changes to the new framework. But if all the tables from the new framework need to be imported, that's around 40 tables to export manually one-at-a-time and then import them manually the same laborious way. So I'm kind of darned-if-I-do and darned-if-I-don't.

This just seems like a situation ripe for some way to automate it.
- Mahatma Gandhi

- Jayne

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Sometimes I do a better job of listing specific elements that have been updated. I will endeavor to keep a better list. That should greatly ease migration.

For example, I think there are minimal Campaign Properties changed in this release (this is probably the hardest area to deal with changes if you have customized). And only a couple of table changes (SysVars, SysSetup I think). Various tokens on the Pathfinder summoned critters (mostly clearing erroneous slam weapon entries). lib:spells3 was tweaked, but I think it was the data primarily (can't remember if I ended up changing the code or not) as there were apostrophes in spell names causing issues. Lots of changes to the core library token, and several changes to Campaign Macros.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b91.05 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (UPDATED)

Post by lmarkus001 »

Added some tweaks, bug fixes, and corrections.

Also started adding in Iconic Pathfinder characters to help with Pathfinder Society game play.

Arazyr
Kobold

Post by Arazyr »

Hi,

I'm trying to update a campaign from like b87v06 to b91.05. I exported all of my maps, etc., and have imported them into a copy of the b91.05 campaign. When trying to open a character sheet, though, I'm getting a dialog box asking for "Value of Feats.Jparam" and then a text box pre-filled with a "0". If I click "OK" three times, then the character sheet comes up. The box appears again, though, if I click the edit diamond next to the new Feats section, or edit the Main info. Most everything else seems to work, though. (Skill checks, saves, attacks, etc.)

Is there anything I can do to get rid of these boxes? Is there a Property value I need to add?

Arazyr
Kobold

Post by Arazyr »

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I tried to import a set of custom "Light" properties, and it looks like it overwrote ALL properties. Tried out a plain copy of the campaign, and it works properly.

Don't mind me, just posting before trying everything... 8^)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

LM, did you ever get a chance to fix the lag on applying damage to NPC tokens? (reported a while back, takes several seconds if you kill an npc token as it seems to lag adding/removing states/status effects like uncon, etc).
-Jamz

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

This version has the changes in it. Lag should be greatly reduced IF the NPC directly dies, but will still be there for unconsciousness (as it applies several active mods for the -1 to -DeathPoint range).

B-dar
Kobold

Post by B-dar »

Are you able to upload and post an alternate link for the download? I apologize if I am being a pain, but no matter what I try, no matter which browser or computer I use etc, I cannot download from App Box.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”