91.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: 91.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (SOON-ish)

Post by Elorebaen »

jsharen wrote:I would donate to a Patreon in a heart beat. I've used this framework for the better part of 10 years and eagerly awaited each new release.
Wow! I guess it has been about 10 years for us as well. Crazy. Would do a Patreon in a heartbeat as well.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

So the delays have been a combination of bad timing. The Mote developers are excellent about turning out updates, and they usually get them out on a Friday, and my play test night is Friday. But, alas, each of the Mote updates has had some hiccup that has prevented a play test. I believe the current release will be good enough for a test run this Friday so I should have a release even sooner now :-)

I know of some broken things I am likely to not fix for this release but they are specialty functions like the Deck of Many Things, so won't be a major deal for most.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

My group has been asking.

I've got a mix of mac and pc users and the java headaches alone have been enough to convince the group that they really want to switch to Mote.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Well there are sufficient upgrades to warrant a release, even though it has some Mote failure points. I will tweak what I can from my play test this weekend and then release.

Some of the Mote issues are rather challenging to debug which is why I am going to release now. For example, randomly, one or two of my players would roll a skillcheck, and as GM I would always see those, but sometimes none of the other players would see the check rolled (and yeah was not Secret). In fact sometimes some players would see the roll and others would not. Rather than delay for this type of issue, I am going to release.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Thanks for the work and head's up!

Daelomin
Cave Troll

Re: 91.06 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework (RELEASED!)

Post by Daelomin »

Heya! Thanks for the excellent work!

I just recently decided to upgrade to Maptool v1.4.0.0 and I upgraded to the 91.06 framework at the same time. Previously, I was using Maptool v1.3.b91 with the 91.05 version of the framework.

I'm just wondering though, has the way VBL works for Doors using the Bag of Tricks changed at all between these 2 versions? I can't seem to get VBL to work on doors at all.

In the old version (1.3.b91 + 91.05) you would use the Bag of Tricks to "set" a door, and amongst the different options there were two tabs, and on the second tab there were the options to ensure VBL was turned on, and where you could select options like players being able to peek through keyhole, or open door a crack, etc.).

In the new version (1.4.0.0 + 91.06) this second tab doesn't appear for me... there's only the settings for opening/closing the door, angles, create token, etc.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again!

EDIT: I just realized that the new 91.06 version of the framework is still compatible with Maptool v1.3.b91 as well, so I opened up the new framework with that and tried it and it was the same as before, showing 2 tabs when you go to "set door". So, this appears to be an issue of some sort with the new Maptool v1.4.0.0. Well, perhaps not an issue... it might just be me being completely ignorant of some kind of fundamental change in functionality between v1.3.b91 and v1.4.0.0 of Maptool :)

Daelomin
Cave Troll

Post by Daelomin »

No go for me. The latest campaign framework says the BoT version is 38c, but I replaced the lib:OnTokenMove with your latest linked rptok anyway. Followed the directions for updating a campaign in your post (replacing token, run Settings, and including saving and reloading campaign in order to ensure OnCampaignLoad fires). I'm still having the exact same problem.

Here's what the Set Door frame looks like:

http://imgur.com/yY8ugRe

As you can see, there's no tab to select the VBL options like there is when using Maptools v1.3.b91

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Yeah I thought I had the latest BoT in there... I will double check that!

Daelomin
Cave Troll

Post by Daelomin »

Sorry for another post, but I'm just commenting on things I'm finding as I try to build my latest campaign in MapTool :) Also, I'm posting here because I'm using your framework... if I should be posting somewhere else (i.e. BoT thread by itself) let me know. I just thought it was better to post here since I'm using the BoT that came packaged with the framework.

Anyway, I just noticed today that the "Scatter Tokens" under the "Scatter & Canopy" heading on the Bag of Tricks panel isn't working. When I click on it, nothing happens.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

The BoT (lib:onTokenMove) I put in is vanilla. I try to get in all tables, states, and graphic elements so it is a full BoT implementation. I try to get in the latest when I do a release. The only deviation is a couple of plug-in macros in Lib:EventMacros.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Lindsay,
When I start up the vanilla framework I get an error message.

I/O error retrieving/saving index for http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9052014/W42-BoT ... eption:Not in GZIP format.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Jash

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Nevermind, I found your post on the Mote boards :)

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

Could you link me to that post on the Mote boards?

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

I don't have it handy, and I'm at work.

The gist of the post there though is that this is actually a problem in Maptools as well, the difference is that Maptools hides the error. Repositories are not being used by the bag of tricks, instead its being sourced by the host computer when the repository quietly fails in the background.

The reason is that dropbox is hosting the zip file without returning the header types, so the system see's it as an untyped file and expects a zip format.

So even though it fails, it still works the same as it does in Maptools at the end of the day.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”