91.07 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: 91.07 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!

Post by lmarkus001 »

How much physical RAM does your computer have (if only 4GB, then that is the issue, try a max mem setting of 2GB).

As an aside, i would reduce the stack size to 4MB for MapTool.

I just tested the released framework file with the latest 64-bit java8 (1.8.0_71), and MapTool 1.4.0.0 using max mem 2000, stack 4MB. All worked as expected.

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

i have 8gb ddr3 64-bit
so ram is not an issue.
i will try the 4mb stack size and
get back to you in a min. thanks

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

so far so good, not getting errors :)
so i will test again with higher mem
values to see if that is truly the reason.
thanks again guys!

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

hey ive added a market system to the campaign and need to tweak it
it has a market inventory you can "buy" from, but in reality it just
adds items to a list of "purchases" and gives nothing to your inventory.
the GM still has to go behind you and look at the list, and then give you the item.
is there a way to have the market macro give you an item you selected for purchase?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

blakdeth19 wrote:hey ive added a market system to the campaign and need to tweak it
it has a market inventory you can "buy" from, but in reality it just
adds items to a list of "purchases" and gives nothing to your inventory.
the GM still has to go behind you and look at the list, and then give you the item.
is there a way to have the market macro give you an item you selected for purchase?
Are you asking how to add an item into Plothos' Inventory Manager data on a player's token? If so, I think there are a couple of sample campaign macros that increment/decrement arrows in inventory. Those are probably a good starting place to see what you have to add where.

One caution, if multiple players get items from the same market token, and their action decrements quantity, you might have some failures as MapTool only allows one token update source at a time, so only one of the decrements may register depending on timing.

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

im talking about this market tool
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=22880
it has a market that has a set inventory you can add/remove
items from using the item list from lib:inventory(same one as in this fw)
but when you select for purchase it only adds the item to a list of "purchased items"
the GM still has to then give you the item...
i want to make it so it auto gives your selection

also it uses a token property of your gold available value and tracks just that
as the amount set by GM for you to spend, instead of using the currency system from lib:inventory
if possible id like it to run it from lib:inventory so it modifies your actual gold

also having trouble getting it to make a list of only tokens with a setstate for user to select from
anymore than 1 with the state and it crashes

Rulyon
Kobold

Post by Rulyon »

I'm running a Pathfinder game and I am considering hosting it on MapTool on the weekends when not everybody can make the drive. What can you tell me about the Framework for Pathfinder? What does it do?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Rulyon wrote:I'm running a Pathfinder game and I am considering hosting it on MapTool on the weekends when not everybody can make the drive. What can you tell me about the Framework for Pathfinder? What does it do?
Short answer: lots.

I have up some crappy video tutorials: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=25374

Basically this has lots of macros to support Pathfinder (and D&D3.5) game play. Attack, Character sheet, Spell Manager, Inventory manager, etc. As I have DM'd over the years, I add tools that help me and share the mish-mash with everyone else. Many elements are created by other folks and integrated in to make a richer tool set.

smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Post by smartsoldier »

I have noticed a lack of updates lately =P Will there be any more Mote compatibility updates in the near future? I mainly want to use the checkboxes in the attack dialog (flurry, power attack, etc).

DunKalevra
Kobold

Post by DunKalevra »

Hi, so far I have been using your framework and is awesome. But I encountered a problem with the Point-Blank Shot, when I attack with Point-Blank A range mod appears giving a 1 bonus to the attack roll, and the Point Blank bonus show as well. When I deactivate point-blank this range mod bonus disappear. I tested multiple range increments and it show the penalty fine, this only occur when the range increment is set to 1 and point blank is activated.

These images show the situation with point blank and without it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/368 ... k%20On.png (With Point-Blank)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/368 ... %20Off.png (Without Point-Blank)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

So, what's the question and/or problem? If you turn on point blank then it should give you a bonus. I don't think it checks the range since there are things that may change point blank range. What I do know is if you select a target to attack and you have point blank checked in your character feats (meaning you have the feat) it will check the range of the target and turn on point blank for that attack if within 30 ft of target. Checking it manually basically overrides any kind of rules.

DunKalevra
Kobold

Post by DunKalevra »

aliasmask wrote:So, what's the question and/or problem? If you turn on point blank then it should give you a bonus. I don't think it checks the range since there are things that may change point blank range. What I do know is if you select a target to attack and you have point blank checked in your character feats (meaning you have the feat) it will check the range of the target and turn on point blank for that attack if within 30 ft of target. Checking it manually basically overrides any kind of rules.
The problem is that the bonus is doubled, it shows a point-blank bonus and a range mod bonus, meaning it shows a total of +2 bonus. I even tried selecting a target within 30 ft and it's pretty cool that it overrides the other things, but the range mod bonus and the point-blank bonus still applies. Point-blank should give a +1 bonus within 30 ft but for some reason if I turn on point-blank or if I select a target within 30 ft, 2 bonus are given, 1 named point-blank and another one named Range Mod(Increment).

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:I have noticed a lack of updates lately =P Will there be any more Mote compatibility updates in the near future? I mainly want to use the checkboxes in the attack dialog (flurry, power attack, etc).
Hummm.... these are not working for you? I will double check and see if I can find an issue. I have been using Mote primarily in my home campaign and have not seen an issue but since I am the DM I tend to use those more sporadically than a player who toggles them frequently (although none of my players have mentioned anything, but that might be they are unobservant mindless drones...).

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

DunKalevra wrote:
aliasmask wrote:So, what's the question and/or problem? If you turn on point blank then it should give you a bonus. I don't think it checks the range since there are things that may change point blank range. What I do know is if you select a target to attack and you have point blank checked in your character feats (meaning you have the feat) it will check the range of the target and turn on point blank for that attack if within 30 ft of target. Checking it manually basically overrides any kind of rules.
The problem is that the bonus is doubled, it shows a point-blank bonus and a range mod bonus, meaning it shows a total of +2 bonus. I even tried selecting a target within 30 ft and it's pretty cool that it overrides the other things, but the range mod bonus and the point-blank bonus still applies. Point-blank should give a +1 bonus within 30 ft but for some reason if I turn on point-blank or if I select a target within 30 ft, 2 bonus are given, 1 named point-blank and another one named Range Mod(Increment).
Nice catch! I will get that sorted out soon!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I see. It's the range mod increment not the point blank that is giving a positive value for point blank when it shouldn't. I can see why this happened since both me and lindsay worked on code but probably approached the bonuses differently.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”