RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:13 am 




Forum rules


Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)



Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Author Message
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm
Posts: 7729
Location: Bay Area
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:11 am 
Let's use an example of a partial statblock to understand:

Code:
XP 1,600
Male human cleric 6
LN Medium humanoid (human)


So, you're looking for everything in between XP and LN which is the "what is it" line. In this case, a male human cleric 6. To break it down

(?i) - ignore case
XP [0-9,]+ - XP followed by some numbers and/or a ,
([a-z ,0-9]*) - any digits, numbers space and , (imo, this could include more characters that may be on this line)
( LG | LN | LE | NG | N | NE | CG | CN | CE ) - all the alignment options, notices the spaces so as to not include those letters in the above line.

_________________
Downloads:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:52 am
Posts: 18
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:57 am 
Alias,

Thanks, that is what I thought but wasn't sure. Could you help on another thing.

[H: InitSensesSearch = strfind(statblock, "(?i)(Init[0-9.*?\\)) +AC")]

with a statblock similar to

Init +5; Senses darkvision 120 ft., scent;
AC 32

for some odd reason I can't get the InitSensesSearch to return the str = Init +5; Senses darkvision 120 ft., scent

I know it is something super simple I am missing but I learn the fastest by jumping in and I understand a bit of this from vb programing just trying to figure out the syntax.:)

ralstad


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm
Posts: 7729
Location: Bay Area
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:51 am 
Try this:
Code:
[H: InitSensesSearch = strfind(statblock, "(?i)(Init .*?)AC ")]

_________________
Downloads:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:52 am
Posts: 18
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:23 pm 
Alias,

Thanks worked perfectly.

ralstad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:52 am
Posts: 18
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:56 pm 
Hello all,

Would anyone be interested in a way to convert d20 3.5 creatures to a PF style statblock for easy import into the framework.

I also modified the statblock2token macro to work with a 3.5 PF style statblock.

I also have a modified 3.5 character generator that the statblock works perfectly with my modified macro.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will figure out how to get it to you.

ralstad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:57 pm
Posts: 1
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 am 
Been using MapTool for my Pathfinder game for over a year now, but only started using this framework in the past few months, and wow, has it made a difference in the quality of my game play.

This question may be silly, already-answered, or both, and I apologize if that's the case (I have tried to search for an existing answer, but I've come up dry)...

Is there an available repository of pre-configured tokens anywhere aside from the included Summon... creatures? I'm hoping that I've just been unable to locate such a resource, and that it might contain an assortment of tokens for creatures published in the bestiaries, but anywhere I could obtain additional creature tokens would be great to know about.

The stat-block import macro works a treat, to be sure, and it's very simple to copy/paste from the internet on an individual token basis. I just figured that if the data for a bunch of monsters was available already in token form, it would be silly to fail to take advantage of such a resource.

Thanks for the great framework!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Giant
 
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:39 pm
Posts: 196
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:22 am 
Lindsay,
Have you tried the latest version of Mote? I load up the FW and nothing appears to work. I'm going to put something up on their site, but figured I'd pass it along to you as well.

The error seems to revolve around:
Undefined function: tables.getResult

I think the Mote team made a change to the function. I've posted a question to them.

Cheers!


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm
 
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 1864
Location: Layfayette Hill, PA
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:29 am 
Doskious wrote:
Been using MapTool for my Pathfinder game for over a year now, but only started using this framework in the past few months, and wow, has it made a difference in the quality of my game play.

This question may be silly, already-answered, or both, and I apologize if that's the case (I have tried to search for an existing answer, but I've come up dry)...

Is there an available repository of pre-configured tokens anywhere aside from the included Summon... creatures? I'm hoping that I've just been unable to locate such a resource, and that it might contain an assortment of tokens for creatures published in the bestiaries, but anywhere I could obtain additional creature tokens would be great to know about.

The stat-block import macro works a treat, to be sure, and it's very simple to copy/paste from the internet on an individual token basis. I just figured that if the data for a bunch of monsters was available already in token form, it would be silly to fail to take advantage of such a resource.

Thanks for the great framework!


Have you pressed the Summon macro? There is a complete Pathfinder summon set, and a partial 3.5 summon set in the framework. The actual tokens are on their respective summon critter maps.

_________________
D&D3.5 / Pathfinder Framework


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm
 
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 1864
Location: Layfayette Hill, PA
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:32 am 
jsharen wrote:
Lindsay,
Have you tried the latest version of Mote? I load up the FW and nothing appears to work. I'm going to put something up on their site, but figured I'd pass it along to you as well.

The error seems to revolve around:
Undefined function: tables.getResult

I think the Mote team made a change to the function. I've posted a question to them.

Cheers!


I have not tried the most recent Mote. The memory requirements of Mote made it nonviable for some of my players as they have older machines (like Vista old ick), so I have been using MapTool most recently. I do plan to revisit Mote in the near future as I did see your post and figured something broke somewhere.

_________________
D&D3.5 / Pathfinder Framework


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Giant
 
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:53 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Wgtn, New Zealand
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:15 pm 
Hey folks

In this framework I can get the "GM Attack Roll" to automatically be secret and I hve no idea why.

Do I need to modify something in the following to make is secret?

[H: fGMSecret = getLibProperty("fGMSecret", "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[H,MACRO("Attack@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): json.set("{}", "flagSecret", fGMSecret, "numWeapChoice", 6 ) ]


Thank is advance (as always) for any advice :)

_________________
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm
 
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 1864
Location: Layfayette Hill, PA
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:16 pm 
Glock-9mm wrote:
Hey folks

In this framework I can get the "GM Attack Roll" to automatically be secret and I hve no idea why.

Do I need to modify something in the following to make is secret?



Edit Globals: Are GM rolls Secret by default?

_________________
D&D3.5 / Pathfinder Framework


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:12 pm
Posts: 3
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:20 pm 
Hello. I GM'ed my first game using MapTool and this FW yesterday. Instead of doing a multi-player game, I am using a projector to display an active map on the table top. I'm using a laptop PC for the server and a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (RPi) as the client. Both were connected on the local network (not internet). Players place their minis on the projected map and I update the MapTool token to match to reveal FOW.

One thing of concern to me is that the RPi has only 1 GB of RAM total. The RPi GPU and OS take up about half of it's memory, leaving the rest for MapTool. While the OS does support a virtual memory address space and swaps out to disk (SDCard in this case) and MapTool will run fine in a much larger virtual memory space, MapTool doesn't run very fast; this is due to the swapping of memory to SDCard (which is less than optimal speed compared to a HDD or SSD). So I am looking for ways to minimize the memory footprint of this FW.

Initial load time of the FW takes on the order of 2-3 minutes. And there is a slight lag when running the map, i.e. I move the token on my GM's screen and the projected player map updates perhaps 5 seconds later. But when I load a new map, this takes a minute or more.

To help deal with the limited memory when preparing this campaign I loaded the entire FW file from your link. I created each map I needed for the game and used the statblock to token macro (very cool). I then exported each map to rpmap files and then deleted the maps from the FW. Then during the game I loaded any individual map I need at the time and delete the map when it's no longer needed. My idea was that removing the map when they were no longer needed, during the game, would free up memory on the client RPi and keep the speed as fast as possible.

However, some of the maps coming up are very large and I'm looking for ways to minimize the memory footprint of this FW. So I was wondering if there is a list of dependencies for each of the macros and features. i.e., I don't need any 35SRD stuff unless it is also required to implement Pathfinder. Can I just delete any table and macro that specifies 35, and if not, which ones are actually needed to implement the Pathfinder rules?

Spell management can also go; except I would still like to be able to run the summon macro for PF creatures. And be able to select and display overlays for black tentacles or other area effects. The things I really need to keep are Pathfinder monster and character stats and the PF Statblock 2 Token macro which is very helpful! Inventory management can go. HP management is okay to keep if it doesn't take much memory. Deck of many things can go for now, I want to place that on a loadable map and load if it only if I ever need it. Statuses like prone, shaken etc can stay. Things like negative level and other status are okay to keep if they are not memory intensive. Action points can definitely go (not used in pathfinder). Initiative can go, I use a magnetic initiative tracker board.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:29 am
Posts: 2
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 am 
Hello. I apologize if this may have been covered somewhere previously but I was unable to find an answer. I was wondering if it's possible to make the HP bars always visible. It seems like the framework is set so the HPM and Non-lethal HP bars (I believe those are the names, I don't have maptool open in front of me) are only visible when hovering the cursor over a token. I'd like them to be visible at all times if possible, but I'm not sure how to go about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm
 
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 1579
Location: Chicagoland
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:13 am 
miked2681 wrote:
Hello. I apologize if this may have been covered somewhere previously but I was unable to find an answer. I was wondering if it's possible to make the HP bars always visible. It seems like the framework is set so the HPM and Non-lethal HP bars (I believe those are the names, I don't have maptool open in front of me) are only visible when hovering the cursor over a token. I'd like them to be visible at all times if possible, but I'm not sure how to go about that.


Sure, just open the framework then go to Edit -> Campaign Properties -> Bars tab, from there you will find a Mouseover checkbox for each bar defined and who gets to see them. You can also customize the bar further if you want.

_________________
-Jamz
____________________
Custom MapTool 1.4.x.x Fork: maptool.nerps.net
More information here: MapTool Nerps! Fork | TokenTool Nerps! Fork
Custom TokenTool (version 1.0b33): TokenTool.exe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:29 am
Posts: 2
 Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:24 pm 
JamzTheMan wrote:
miked2681 wrote:
Hello. I apologize if this may have been covered somewhere previously but I was unable to find an answer. I was wondering if it's possible to make the HP bars always visible. It seems like the framework is set so the HPM and Non-lethal HP bars (I believe those are the names, I don't have maptool open in front of me) are only visible when hovering the cursor over a token. I'd like them to be visible at all times if possible, but I'm not sure how to go about that.


Sure, just open the framework then go to Edit -> Campaign Properties -> Bars tab, from there you will find a Mouseover checkbox for each bar defined and who gets to see them. You can also customize the bar further if you want.


Thank you for the help!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 243 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Style based on Andreas08 by Andreas Viklund

Style by Elizabeth Shulman