91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!

Post by aliasmask »

Kharnacier wrote:It's me, again :P Don't hesitate to tell me if I'm getting annoying/too much asking :)
I noticed 2 problems in the Wrathgon spell macro:
1) No description for Cure Minor Wound (it's missing in the spell library too).
2) 0-spell number doesn't decrease when you cast one of them (it works fine with 1-level spells).
Any way to correct these ?
Our group hasn't used the Wrathgon code for quite some time because of all the errors, although I did like the format better with his code. This is the most recent lib.spells3 our group uses which if very similar to Wrathgon including some unpublished stuff I've done to the code.
||| UPDATES |||

Code: Select all

LGM Updates (6/12/2015)
Corrected Cleric PF Healing Domain
Added Rogue PF Class
Added Barbarian PF Class

LGM Updates (5/13/2015)
Corrected Wizard Spell lists

LGM Updates (6/19/2013)
* Export/Import corrections

* Enhanced Witch
* Storm Druid

AM Updates (3/29/13)
* Now all spells for others shows X cast Spell (?) where (?) can be clicked to roll spellcraft check. The (?) for owners and gm get to see common rolls used when casting a spell.
* Added variable to spell level boost that only effects spell level and not the number of spells for use with spell report.
* MUST BE USED WITH lib:players (special output) and Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder (skill checks).
* All new UDF functions and onCampaignLoad are in blank group and modified Manager macros are in yellow with width 94 set.
Updated by Ray to include more caster classes and spells. 3-17-14
Updated by Ray to include more spells 12-20-14
* Fixed level up for clerics. Removed spell convert question if already set. 12-20-14
* Fix CI Generate Straight Links to filter bad data (8-11-15)

Current Updates (8-13-15)
* Added Campaign Macros "Cast Spell" and "Special Abils"
* "Cast Spell" no longer errors when spell classes are empty.
* Domain and Spec School bugs fixed when leveling
* Fixed Template Restore. Now it counts spells to find difference in current SPD rather than using original SPD. Allows you to add more spells at higher levels than when the Template was saved.
* Added am.output.basic for better output options. This is a compatibility fix so no outside lib is needed.
* Fixed some ownership issues with skill rolls for spellcraft and updated uglySkillCheck.
* Updated Add Power/Edit input menus to use macro code instead relying properly formated eval statements. This was causing critical errors which resulted in tokens needing to be cleared and funky formatting requirements. Existing "code" will need to be reformatted to [r:] style macro code. I'm not updating the class dependent stuff because of the predefined entries. 
* Fixed comma (,) in power name problem.
* (8-18-15) changed macroLink arg from token.name to currentToken(); Frame width is set to 100% so it will be scalable; Change Cast Spell frame back to Cast so only one window opens.
(9-1-15) 
* Fixed Local Cheating when there is more than one spell casting class.
* Fixed template restore to include correct remainder of spells when prep casters memorize the same spell more than once.
* Fixed ability score mod when ability changes between levels. Re-calcs on Rest now.
* Fixed formula for calculating SPD so it uses class base for that level + ability adjustment.
* Added spells known per level for Oracle (don't know why this was blank)
(11-11-15) Fixed Rest for CI ability with comma in it.
(11-11-15) Fixed Known list. Wasn't displaying spells not in spell library
(7-30-16)Fix for | occurring in power notes or flavor text. Sub !! temporarily to allow edit of power.
I believe the latest PF/3.5 uses this one up to 9-1-15 and you should be able to replace the existing lib.spells3 with this one.
Attachments
Lib spells3 8-20-17.rptok
(590.18 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Cure Minor Wound is a 0-level spell in 3.5? Make sure you're using the correct bookcase item, ie 3.5 spells. If not, you can manually add it as well. I stopped supporting 3.5 stuff and the spell library awhile ago, so no updates coming from me on that. There is an option for 0-level spells to use infinite orisons under the class options in bookcase. Sounds like you may be using the wrong system for your spell manager.

Kharnacier
Kobold

Post by Kharnacier »

aliasmask wrote:Cure Minor Wound is a 0-level spell in 3.5? Make sure you're using the correct bookcase item, ie 3.5 spells. If not, you can manually add it as well. I stopped supporting 3.5 stuff and the spell library awhile ago, so no updates coming from me on that. There is an option for 0-level spells to use infinite orisons under the class options in bookcase. Sounds like you may be using the wrong system for your spell manager.
Cure Minor Wound is actually a 0-spell in 3.5. It appears in 0-spell list in Wrath without description (but I'm not sure I didn't tweak it...)
I didn't find any way to set 3.5 in Wrath, neither infinite orisons. I did find them in Plothos manager though. Was that what you meant ? (English isn't my mother tongue :( )
Thx for your time, once again :)

Dougal
Cave Troll

Post by Dougal »

Been using this framework on the game I am hosting over discord, I don't use everything but I love the added functionally of it. I have one question tho. Is there a way to let the players adjust their own damage taken with the macro so I don't have to do it?
The damage listed in the attack is a link anyone can click on. So, if they select their token and click the link then it will be applied. If the damage needs adjusting like from DR then putting DR on the token will prompt for an option to adjust the damage.
yeah figured that out, was just kind of hoping people can enter it manually themselves since I am not using framework damage but people are actually rolling for it.

Dougal

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

There's a macro in the campaign window call HP Change(F5) to manually adjust hp. You can also select the token and hit F5.

raezenkane
Kobold

Attack (Frame) and Attack (Dialog) do not remove HP from dam

Post by raezenkane »

Hello, I have run into an issue using the Attack (Dialog) Campaign macro.
I Select an NPC Token and click the Attack (Frame) macro button, which brings up the attack frame.
I select the Weapons for the two attacks the NPC gets using the drop down menus.
I select a PC Token and click the Set 1st and Set 2nd buttons.
I click ATTACK, and it SEEMS to work.
However, the PC Token's hit points do not go down by the damage on a successful hit.
I CAN use the HP Change macro button to change the hit points, but I was kind of expecting the Attack (Frame) macro to do it...
Thank you for any help you can provide...

John

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It's complicated to do that given all the possibilities of defense and targets, so the output contains a link that allows you to apply the damage by selecting the token to take damage and clicking the damage link.

Jarin
Kobold

Post by Jarin »

Anyone looked at what it would take to adapt the framework here to Starfinder?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

some big brains have already committed themselves to creating a starfinder campaign. I would suggest you ask if you can join in in the creation process!

Jarin
Kobold

Post by Jarin »

wolph42 wrote:some big brains have already committed themselves to creating a starfinder campaign. I would suggest you ask if you can join in in the creation process!
Oh? Sweet! I looked around for a thread, but couldn't see any mentions of Starfinder. Any chance you could point me in the right direction?

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Hello!

At the risk of sounding ignorant, how would you use the Dedicated Skill Check macro to handle the Knowledge skills. The listed approach doesn't work for me. Just says skill not found when I use "Knowledge". Thank you!

farest92
Kobold

Post by farest92 »

Hello!!! first of all i really appreciate your work :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i've an issue with 3.5 system rules: if i try to use one of the attack command, the system retrieve me a error but if i set th pathfinder system rule i've no problem with.

Error list:

- maptool 1.4.1.8

"Illegal argument type net.sf.json.JSONArray, expecting java.math.BigDecimal or java.lang.String"

- maptools 1.4.0.0 / maptool 1.3.b91

"Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H,FOREACH( m, jMMFields, "" ), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [H: changed = 0 ] [H: disable = 1 ] [H: active = if( json.contains( aTMS, m ), 1, 0 ) ] [H: jMM = json.get( meleeMods, m ) ] [H: presetVars = "" ] [H: tjfjMM = json.fields( jMM,"

i've try using java 8 and java 7, but nothing changes :cry:

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

RE the skill checks, I know for Pathfinder, I had to go and edit the MT Table for those and added in the individual Knowledge: Arcane, etc and Craft: Xyz and same for Profession and Perform skills.

Re the illegal argument error, that's an error with the macro code and not Java/MT. jMMFields is probably null or something. You will need to debug those lines. Use [h: broadcast("jMMFields is: " + jMMFields)] before it and/or all the other variables and see what's what.
-Jamz

Dougal
Cave Troll

Post by Dougal »

Using this framework and I am loving it. I'm also trying to learn more about the functionality of it. Right now I am trying to do the attack frame. BUT whenever I push attack I get "Illegal argument type net.sf.json.JSONArray, expecting java.math.BigDecimal or java.lang.String" I am using the latest version of Java, this framework, and latest stable version of maptools. (yeah just saw the post about the otherone that had the issue. going to try to debug)

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”