RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:21 pm 

Forum rules

Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Previous topic | Next topic 

Cave Troll

Post subject: Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework NEW!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:50 am 
I just got to figure out which one to edit on the librarys map

Cave Troll

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:14 am 
Ok i figured it out and got it working. now the next question is. Is there a way to "auto subtract" the damage the PC/NPC does when using the attack?

Cave Troll

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:08 am 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND another question. I am playing around with the setup timer and timer functions. Is there a way to "remove" the timer. Also, why does it remove the person from initiative after the timer runs out? is it for summoned creatures only?

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:52 am 
Elorebaen wrote:
At the risk of sounding ignorant, how would you use the Dedicated Skill Check macro to handle the Knowledge skills. The listed approach doesn't work for me. Just says skill not found when I use "Knowledge". Thank you!

Copy-Edit the Campaign macro: <b>Sample Dedicated SkillCheck</b>

Edit these two lines...

Code:
[HtargSkill "Sense Motive" ]
[
HtargSubcat "" ]

For an arcana check:
Code:
[HtargSkill "Knowledge" ]
[
HtargSubcat "arcana" ]

NOTE: This will fail if the token in question does not have the skill Knowledge (arcana), as will any of the "sub-skill" skills like Profession, Perform, Craft.

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:59 am 
Dougal wrote:
Ok i figured it out and got it working. now the next question is. Is there a way to "auto subtract" the damage the PC/NPC does when using the attack?

Short answer: NO

Detailed answer:
IF there is ONLY one user (ie the GM is running MapTool and projecting on the wall and players never connect), then technically you could implement an auto-damage mechanism.

BUT, MapTool does not handle multiple people touching the same token at the same time. So things like damage need to be handed out to the owner of the token to apply.

Additionally, damage is MASSIVELY fluid. There are tons of mitigations and modifiers. People need to use their brains when applying damage. So this human interaction moment is key to the battle mechanism.

But as you see, the damage is listed in chat so the player can select their token, then click on the damage in chat to apply it. This makes it pretty simple.

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:06 am 
Dougal wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND another question. I am playing around with the setup timer and timer functions. Is there a way to "remove" the timer. Also, why does it remove the person from initiative after the timer runs out? is it for summoned creatures only?

Historically, I had created a TIMER token that we would copy and drop on the map to monitor running effects. So when that effect was over, it would remove the token from initiative since it was over.

Then when I made the summoned monsters, adding that timer data seemed natural and was easy. Summoned creatures poof when the time runs out so them dropping out of initiative is a nice reminder.

OH! You are using Setup Timer on player/monster tokens! Hummm.... yeah should be easy enough to make a macro to remove the timer data from the token. As a quick fix, EDIT the token (double click it), go to the STATE tab, scroll to the bottom, CHECK "Hide" for the Timer bar.

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:22 am 
farest92 wrote:
Hello!!! first of all i really appreciate your work :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i've an issue with 3.5 system rules: if i try to use one of the attack command, the system retrieve me a error but if i set th pathfinder system rule i've no problem with.

Error list:

- maptool 1.4.1.8

"Illegal argument type net.sf.json.JSONArray, expecting java.math.BigDecimal or java.lang.String"

- maptools 1.4.0.0 / maptool 1.3.b91

"Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H,FOREACH( m, jMMFields, "" ), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [H: changed = 0 ] [H: disable = 1 ] [H: active = if( json.contains( aTMS, m ), 1, 0 ) ] [H: jMM = json.get( meleeMods, m ) ] [H: presetVars = "" ] [H: tjfjMM = json.fields( jMM,"

i've try using java 8 and java 7, but nothing changes :cry:

You are correct! I will fix this!

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7