[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b63 Campaign Macros r05

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: D&D3.5 Pathfinder MT1.3b54 Campaign Macros

Post by lmarkus001 »

RedDog wrote:FYI: The Will save has disappeared from the MAIN section of the character sheet
Much harder to fail them now isn't it?

RedDog
Dragon

Post by RedDog »

lmarkus001 wrote:
RedDog wrote:FYI: The Will save has disappeared from the MAIN section of the character sheet
Much harder to fail them now isn't it?
Well, I guess the mind flayers will all be in hiding for a while... ;)

Hey lmarkus001, have you considered putting in some cleaner tool-tipping for rolls (maybe you have this slated for cleanup later on)? I was looking at Veggiesama's 4E framework and I like what he has done there. I wondering if you might include something like this (I am a novice when it comes to html, so excuse my unoptimized code):

Code: Select all

charStatCheck
============
[H: numNegLevel = getStrProp(Daily, "NegativeLevels")]
[H: numNegLevel = if(numNegLevel == "", 0, numNegLevel)]
[H: StatList = "Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma"]
[H: BonusList = "StrB, DexB, ConB, IntB, WisB, ChaB"]
[H: Stat1 = listFind(StatList, macro.args)]
[H: fail = input(
  "tempBonus | " + (numNegLevel * -1) + " | Temporary Modifier | TEXT | WIDTH=3",
  "junk | Temporary Modifier is for mods to the stat check roll, not mods to the stats themselves. | NOTE | LABEL | "
)]
[H: abort(fail)]

[H: statBonus = eval(listGet(BonusList, Stat1))]
[H:DieRoll=1d20]
[H:Total=DieRoll+statBonus+tempBonus]

<b>[R: listGet(StatList, Stat1)] Check: </b>
<span title='<html>
<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0>
    <tr>
        <td width="90" align="left" valign="top">Die Roll (1d20):</td>
        <td align=right>{DieRoll}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td width="90" align="left" valign="top">Stat Bonus:</td>
        <td align=right>{statBonus}</td>
   </tr>
    <tr>
        <td width="90" align="left" valign="top">Temp Bonus:</td>
        <td align=right>{tempBonus}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td width="90" align="left" valign="top"><b><font size=5>TOTAL:</td>
        <td align=right><b><font size=5>{Total}</td>
    </tr>
</table>'>
{Total}</span>  

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

UPDATE! This new campaign file is for Maptools 1.3.B54
http://www.4shared.com/file/98342764/f03fbec6/MT1354_DnD35PathfinderCore02.html

Quick fix for a couple of items:
  • subUpdateHPStatesBars -- Corrected deathPoint processing
  • HPDying, subHPDyingNPC -- updated for the new DeathPoint global variable
  • tblCSsaves -- corrected FOR loop so all saves show now
  • Init NewEncounter -- added a proceed prompt so it is harder to accidentally wipe the current initiative list
  • Action Point -- new variant macro
  • Nicer tool-tip for stat checks -- thanks RedDog
NOTE: Remember now if you have setup Map move-to points, they are stored ON the Library token, so when you upgrade your library, you have to manually copy-paste the property that stores these to the new Library token.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Wow, very cool. :) I probably won't get to use them for next weekend's game, but I'll try them out after that.

b55 may have individual map load/save, so I can load your campaign and then import my maps. Or I can use the patches I have in Eclipse to create my campaign file.
lmarkus001 wrote:NOTE: Remember now if you have setup Map move-to points, they are stored ON the Library token, so when you upgrade your library, you have to manually copy-paste the property that stores these to the new Library token.
Would it be worthwhile to create a separate Lib: token for the move-to points? Then the macros could be updated without changing anything (except perhaps the name of the Lib:MoveTo token)?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Azhrei wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:NOTE: Remember now if you have setup Map move-to points, they are stored ON the Library token, so when you upgrade your library, you have to manually copy-paste the property that stores these to the new Library token.
Would it be worthwhile to create a separate Lib: token for the move-to points? Then the macros could be updated without changing anything (except perhaps the name of the Lib:MoveTo token)?
Yeah good point. I only just realized the error of my ways when I went to update my RttToEE campaign and wiped out my ~40 move-to points (yeah I have backups :-) ). Figured I should give others a heads up. I will change this for the future.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
Yeah good point. I only just realized the error of my ways when I went to update my RttToEE campaign and wiped out my ~40 move-to points (yeah I have backups :-) ). Figured I should give others a heads up. I will change this for the future.
Perhaps even put an onCampaignLoad macro on the Lib:MoveTo token that automatically calls the Lib:DnD35Pathfinder token and tells it what name to use. Then an update to the Lib:DnD35Pathfinder doesn't require the user to do anything at all!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

UPDATE! This new campaign file is for Maptools 1.3.B55
http://www.4shared.com/file/98776175/c9fd6c32/MT1355_DnD35PathfinderCore01.html

Quick fix for a couple of items (specifically this is getting the MoveTokensToMap working with b55):
  • New Library Token -- Lib:GlobalsSRDPF just holds the global variables. It must be named this but once it is in your campaign, further macro updates will not impact it.
  • MoveTokensToMap -- moves the token even if you select the current map (so is like a dimension door)
  • Map Locations -- The map names are now supplied from the campaign map names. Don't use comma's in your map names.
  • Blind (vision configuration)

Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: D&D3.5 Pathfinder MT1.3b55 Campaign Macros

Post by Elorebaen »

Thank you!

anarce
Kobold

Post by anarce »

I'm updating my campaign to this latest version, and I'm getting an error with the Timer token. Anybody else having the problem? I copied and pasted the Timer token, selected the new one, and clicked the SetupTimer macro. It just gives me the following message in chat:

State Prone is not an image state in function getStateImage.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

anarce wrote:I'm updating my campaign to this latest version, and I'm getting an error with the Timer token. Anybody else having the problem? I copied and pasted the Timer token, selected the new one, and clicked the SetupTimer macro. It just gives me the following message in chat:

State Prone is not an image state in function getStateImage.
I am unable to reproduce this error. I just moved the framework parts into a brand new fresh campaign and had no issue. Additionally I updated pre-existing campaigns without issue.

One idea, have you updated the Campaign Properties to the latest framework version? Various versions tweak the properties, states, tables, etc.

anarce
Kobold

Post by anarce »

Hmm, I'm still having the problem but maybe I updated something wrong. I just upgraded maptool and the campaign to b55 yesterday. I'll try messing with it some more.

A few more comments after using this campaign framework for a few sessions:

The GM secret check macros are awesome. I'm making Hide, Spot, and Search checks all over the place as my PCs explore this dungeon, and it's super-handy.

Having a property for a token's race would be handy for PCs, just for reference. What do other people think? I couldn't remember which of my PCs were elves and got the chance to notice secret doors, for instance. Trying to get them to send me character info or background stories outside of the game has been like pulling teeth so far...

Last night I had a token on the map that I hadn't set up yet because I didn't think the PCs would make it to that room yet. Of course they did! Rather than delay the game while I set up the token, I just did a quick Edit Core and plugged in the monster's HP so I could track them in game. When I was done it reported the results to the Chat window and my players went "wow!" I don't think they expected the monster to have that many HP! :twisted: How about switching the setup macros so that they don't report the results to everybody? I could tweak them myself, but then I'd have to change them everytime I upgrade to the latest version. Is this something that everybody would like to have?

Thanks again for all your hard work! imarvin, I stole some of your rptok files yesterday too, and that is an excellent resource! I think you're running SCAP too, so I'll try to share some of my token files for the specific NPCs and monsters as I go along to reciprocate, if I wind up ahead of you in the adventure path (still in Ch 1 now).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

anarce wrote:Having a property for a token's race would be handy for PCs, just for reference.
You can certainly add one. Just edit the campaign properties and add "Race" as a property, probably with an "@*" in front of it so only the GM sees it on the statsheet.
[...] When I was done it reported the results to the Chat window and my players went "wow!" I don't think they expected the monster to have that many HP! :twisted: How about switching the setup macros so that they don't report the results to everybody? I could tweak them myself, but then I'd have to change them everytime I upgrade to the latest version. Is this something that everybody would like to have?
Agreed. I go into the macros and add "/self" to the beginning of them. Now it's useless for the players (since they're rolls don't go to me), but very good for me. Maybe I should try "/gm", except then I'd get two copies of everything. (I mentioned a day or two ago that /gm should not send to the person to typed it in. Maybe I'll try to find that in the code and add a patch.)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I am traveling helping my mom in the hospital at the moment, but here is some quick feedback.

1) I have a new update (not posted yet) that has much nicer public/private reporting (the secret rolls got to self and gm instead of being a pop-up dialog).

2) There is an issue with the MoveTokensToMap. Make sure you REMOVE the tokens from the initiative panel before moving them or you get a very exciting set of errors sent to the players. I will work on correcting this issue (probably use the remove function to get them out of the init panel before moving them).

3) Race. Yes race is one of the things I am actively working on. One of the major uses of this is shape-changing/polymorphing. I need to restrict which creatures are available to change too (in Pathfinder there are many form change spells that are creature type focused, like elemental, dragon, etc.). Earlier in this thread I posted a prototype for the JSON structure I am proposing.

4) Edit Core etc. should lead off with /gm (or use the new outputTo() user defined function), I will work this in.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

UPDATE! This new campaign file is for Maptools 1.3.B55
http://www.4shared.com/file/100652957/9bec4adc/MT1355_DnD35PathfinderCore03.html

Minor updates:
  • MoveTokensToMap -- now removes moved tokens from the Initiative panel first (thus avoiding the ugly failure players would otherwise see).
  • Better output control -- edit___ macros now only send output to gm-self. Other macros that have a "private" option send their output to "gm-self".
  • Handout -- now supports sending image and text, and can send to individual players. This still requires the selected source token to reside on the map the player(s) are on.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

UPDATE! This new campaign file is for Maptools 1.3.B56
http://www.4shared.com/file/101146675/45f88ba4/MT1356_DnD35PathfinderCore01.html

Minor updates:
  • Verified b56 functional
  • Library renamed to support smilies in MacroLinks (Lib:D was converting to a smilie). New name is Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder
  • Nicer tooltip for AC on character sheet
  • Attack macro now reports FUMBLES (natural 1 on the d20)
  • Added token.name to edit___ macros so it is clear what token has been modified

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”