[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b63 Campaign Macros r05

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
ziltmilt
Dragon

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b63 Campaign Macros r05

Post by ziltmilt »

I don't think the Herolab output is using a standard PF statblock. According to my playgroup, the current Statblock2Token macro doesn't update the properties appropriately when given a statblock from Herolab. From my own experience, it gets stuff mostly right, but it's not 100%.

harchunk
Giant

Post by harchunk »

Lib:PathfinderSpells

I dont see this file when i implement this framework is it not included?
which would explain why when i try to use the button it does not work

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

My token generators on http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive and http://prpg.imarvintpa.com/ work again (1.3b70).

IMarv

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

IMarvinTPA wrote:My token generators on http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive and http://prpg.imarvintpa.com/ work again (1.3b70).

IMarv
Thank you!!!

smawnster
Kobold

Post by smawnster »

This is a great framework. I use it primarily in tabletop games to keep track of my characters and to make rolls easier because i am mathematically challenged. Thanks for all of your work.

Here's a quick question. If I want to edit an equipped item to add a bonus to a specific skill how do I apply the bonus to the skill without it being global and applying to all skills?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I can see how to give Action Points to characters, but how does the PC know how many they have and spend 1? I would like to use this variant in my game.

Also, I see that you have the confused tables in the FW, but is there a macro that rolls against the table to see what action the confused takes? How hard would it be to tie this into the initiative?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I am having a hard time trying to get the correct AC/CMD for a 1st Level Un-Encumbered, no armor wearing Monk. I put WisB in the ArmorMod box, but this does not fix the other defense stats of CMD and Touch. How can I add the WisB bonus to these defense stats?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

neofax wrote:I am having a hard time trying to get the correct AC/CMD for a 1st Level Un-Encumbered, no armor wearing Monk. I put WisB in the ArmorMod box, but this does not fix the other defense stats of CMD and Touch. How can I add the WisB bonus to these defense stats?
I just create an item with a deflection bonus but you'll need to consider your actual deflection bonus, so in globalMod field I put:

Code: Select all

getStrProp(ArmorClass,'Deflection')
and in Deflection I put:

3+WisB+globalMod
"3" is the extra AC from the Monk level. I saved the item in the category "Monk Abilities" as "AC Bonus". Even for abilities that don't have a combat effect I like making items for them just so I can review them with the mod report. You may want to look back a couple of pages where I posted a new version for the mod report and puts items on their own line and redoes the high lighting. I didn't like the data dump look of the original report.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

@aliasmask: Thanks! I would have never have thought of that. Also, I am using your changed Mod Report. The only problem I have with it is that it subdues the conditions that used to print out as well. i.e. Daze would output on a new line with the state image and rules.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

neofax wrote:@aliasmask: Thanks! I would have never have thought of that. Also, I am using your changed Mod Report. The only problem I have with it is that it subdues the conditions that used to print out as well. i.e. Daze would output on a new line with the state image and rules.
I was unaware of that feature. I'll see about adding that back in.

Oh, one note about the above. If your AC is adjusted for some reason, you need to un-equip item and re-equip for it to calculate correctly. So, if you get a new ring of protection it won't be figured correctly until you take off/put on the AC Bonus because items are only calculated when put on.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:I can see how to give Action Points to characters, but how does the PC know how many they have and spend 1? I would like to use this variant in my game.
There are several answers to this question.

First, if you are using Plothos or Wrathgon's Spell Manager, you can just create at Special Ability (Action Point). This is fairly clean and has you and your players looking in the same place for spells and abilities.

Way back when, I implemented a token based Action Point mechanism. This requires a macro on each token that has action points, and the macro changes color (green = available, red=all out). The token macro also reports the number of APs available in the macro name. The Rest macro works with this to restore the token to 1 action point. The Action Point token macro does work if the number of available points is > 1, but I don't have anything that directly increases the quantity (but it should be straight forward as it is stored as a JSON:

"ActionPoint":{
   "Type":"Daily",
   "Quantity":1,
   "Used":0,
   "ButtonLabel":"Action Point (1 left)"
} 
The Rest macro calls subResetDaily which is a nice base towards modifying the AP count:
subResetDaily

[H: tToken = getStrProp(macro.args, "Token")]

[H: switchToken(tToken)]

[H, IF(json.type(PrivateJSON) == "UNKNOWN" || json.isEmpty(PrivateJSON)), CODE: { };{
    [H, FOREACH(prop, json.fields(PrivateJSON)), CODE: {
      [H: jO = json.get(PrivateJSON, prop)]
      [H: act = 0]
      [H, IF(json.contains(jO, "Type")): act = if(json.get(jO, "Type") == "Daily", 1, 0)]
      [H, IF(act): jO = json.set(jO, "Used", 0)]

[H: act2 = if(prop == "ActionPoint", 1, 0)]
      [H, IF(act && act2): btnLbl = "Action Point (" + json.get(jO, "Quantity") + " left)"]
      [H, IF(act && act2): macroP = json.set("{}", "label", btnLbl, "color", "green")]
      [H, IF(act && act2): setMacroProps(json.get(jO, "ButtonLabel"), macroP)]
      [H, IF(act && act2): jO = json.set(jO, "ButtonLabel", btnLbl)]

[H, IF(act): PrivateJSON = json.set(PrivateJSON, prop, jO)]

}]
}] 
neofax wrote: Also, I see that you have the confused tables in the FW, but is there a macro that rolls against the table to see what action the confused takes? How hard would it be to tie this into the initiative?
I am not certain there are Initiative actions that get triggered when a token receives initiative, so I am not certain how to programmatically tie this in. To use the Confused table, you just double-click on it (it is visible to players so they can click on it).

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

lmarkus001 wrote:
neofax wrote:I can see how to give Action Points to characters, but how does the PC know how many they have and spend 1? I would like to use this variant in my game.
There are several answers to this question.

First, if you are using Plothos or Wrathgon's Spell Manager, you can just create at Special Ability (Action Point). This is fairly clean and has you and your players looking in the same place for spells and abilities.

Way back when, I implemented a token based Action Point mechanism. This requires a macro on each token that has action points, and the macro changes color (green = available, red=all out). The token macro also reports the number of APs available in the macro name. The Rest macro works with this to restore the token to 1 action point. The Action Point token macro does work if the number of available points is > 1, but I don't have anything that directly increases the quantity (but it should be straight forward as it is stored as a JSON:

"ActionPoint":{
   "Type":"Daily",
   "Quantity":1,
   "Used":0,
   "ButtonLabel":"Action Point (1 left)"
} 
The Rest macro calls subResetDaily which is a nice base towards modifying the AP count:
subResetDaily

[H: tToken = getStrProp(macro.args, "Token")]

[H: switchToken(tToken)]

[H, IF(json.type(PrivateJSON) == "UNKNOWN" || json.isEmpty(PrivateJSON)), CODE: { };{
    [H, FOREACH(prop, json.fields(PrivateJSON)), CODE: {
      [H: jO = json.get(PrivateJSON, prop)]
      [H: act = 0]
      [H, IF(json.contains(jO, "Type")): act = if(json.get(jO, "Type") == "Daily", 1, 0)]
      [H, IF(act): jO = json.set(jO, "Used", 0)]

[H: act2 = if(prop == "ActionPoint", 1, 0)]
      [H, IF(act && act2): btnLbl = "Action Point (" + json.get(jO, "Quantity") + " left)"]
      [H, IF(act && act2): macroP = json.set("{}", "label", btnLbl, "color", "green")]
      [H, IF(act && act2): setMacroProps(json.get(jO, "ButtonLabel"), macroP)]
      [H, IF(act && act2): jO = json.set(jO, "ButtonLabel", btnLbl)]

[H, IF(act): PrivateJSON = json.set(PrivateJSON, prop, jO)]

}]
}] 
neofax wrote: Also, I see that you have the confused tables in the FW, but is there a macro that rolls against the table to see what action the confused takes? How hard would it be to tie this into the initiative?
I am not certain there are Initiative actions that get triggered when a token receives initiative, so I am not certain how to programmatically tie this in. To use the Confused table, you just double-click on it (it is visible to players so they can click on it).
Thanks for the answers! I guess, I will use the first Action Point method as it will not reset when the token rests as I would like to allow the players the ability of using the AP(Action Point) when they so choose. I never knew you could just click on tables to auto roll them. Any progress on a new update?

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

In the new Pathfinder book, APG, a few new combat maneuvers have been added. I would like to add these to the framework, and I'm hoping the more knowledgeable folks can help me with that. I'm assuming I can utilize the current special attacks, make duplicates, and then alter them as appropriate.

What would be my approach?

Thank you!

Netmagus
Kobold

Post by Netmagus »

I've been able to add new feats to the editMain code and you are able to check/uncheck the feat on the Character Sheet and it adds it to the token. However whenever you check/uncheck it, the macro asks for the value of the feat variables. Is this value stored elsewhere or am I just missing something somewhere in the code? Thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

If you go to campaign properties and add the feat variable name to the end of the Feats property string list and set a value of 0. For example, I added the Cleave feat which looks like: Cleave=0;

Depending on your system, you add it to that property type (DnD35 and/or Pathfinder).

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”