RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:10 am 

Forum rules

When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Non-conforming posts are subject to IMMEDIATE deletion.

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

Post subject: Warhammer 40K open 24/7
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:17 pm 
Well, my online friends lured me into wh40k, so we decided to make a maptool server for it so we could play via internet.

So far we have made all normal units from:
Space marines, orks, tau, eldar, dark eldar, necrons, tyranids, imperial guard, chaos space marines, chaos daemons.
Well basically the base races (no SM chapter specific).
And a few apocalypse units, we will be adding more as needed, and as soon as we figure out their size.
We have been playing for a while now inviting people we know, and we finally decided to make a post.

Rules are these:
You start your army with 500 points of "exp", this is to replace the cash system of actually buying the models.
When deciding what models to buy, only take into account the base model price, and the character upgrade in the codex.

When deciding the point size of the battle, thats when you add the cost of any options and upgrades.

After the end of the battle, the winner gets an ammount of exp equal to half the battle size per side, so a lets say 500 point battle, will award the winner 250 exp, then the loser gets half of that, 125.

Apocalypse games do not award exp points, the ammounts would just be too large, but certain events or missions canstill award some.

Theres also a war campaign being made for players with high ammount of points, requirements to enter this are 20k of exp points and having played 10 apocalypse games, you are then awarded 4 planets to defend, and to capture more planets from.

We use maptool 1.3.b87.
Server name: WarHammer40K
Password: wag

Happy Wargaming!

my chaos owned models:

fight in progress (mine are dark eldar, chaos are from loafer):

several automated rolls:

macros (scripted buttons):

if i dont answer in the server, its because im either sleeping or in the university.

Announcement:
mapmaking contest:
during this week, we are having a contest of map making, wich ill be judging this sunday.
each player can submit up to 2 maps, the winner will get 1000 exp points for his army, and the rest of acepted maps will earn you 250 exp points.

Admins:
Head Admin:
Pheonix1405
Host/Mapper/Admin:
DrakDarkstar
Friendly Admin:
Zerathshadow
Admin too busy to show up:
casper

Last edited by DrakDarkstar on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

Post subject: Re: Warhammer 40K open 24/7
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am 
Nice!! I've never gotten round to playing the 40k battle system but a couple of friends of mine still have bookshelves filled with painted and unpainted space marines. I myself only do the rpg part of warhammer, both the fantasy and 40k worlds. I also build a framework for the latter. Which brings me to the point of tokens... I've set up a shared dropbox dir with tokens, granted these are for a large part rpg oriented, but there's also the deathwatch part which comes close to the 40k battle and does have a huge overlap in tokens. The question thus is would you like to share your tokens in return for access to the dropbox? if so drop me a pm and I'll pm you back with an invite.

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:58 pm 
i doubt it will be of any use, since the stats are way too diferently set, since even the used dice are others.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:17 pm 
ofcourse. I meant the art, not the stats. I've already grabbed and photoshopped quite some vehicles, which are currently still .png files. Its a lot of work to seek find and create tokens. And indeed adding stats is even more work, but being able to share at least the art is already something. So... still interested?

My stuff
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:27 pm 
allright, i guess we can share, anyway, you interested in playing too?

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:54 am 
erm,,, actually never gave that a thought. I've never played Wbattle before and don't have any books as well. So that might be a bit tricky. Also I'm living in CET which might also be an issue. That said I would like to try a game, Im curious how this goes.
I'll pm you with the dropbox details

My stuff
DPI.

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:06 pm 
Allrighty, time for a battle report :P
a 3500 point battle.
(3500 points has been decided as the maximum of points you can bring to a battle without making it apocalypse btw).

so sandman is helping me in this, and is trying to improve with his space marines, ill be using chaos this time.

allright, my army composition:
1 squad of terminator champions equiped with powerfist each, and an icon of khorne.
2 squads of terminator champions equiped with chainfist each, and an icon of khorne.
3 dedicated transport land raiders with chaos havoc launchers.
2 defilers with lascannons.
1 squad of obliterators.
1 full and another of 15 models big squads of noise marines, fully equiped with sonic blasters and personal icon.
and of course, abaddon.

picture of it waiting to be deployed:

Sandmans Army:
2 assault marine squads, 2 lascannons each, sargeants with plasma pistol and power weapon.
1 terminator assault squad
1 terminator squad with 2 cyclone missile launchers.
master of the forge with conversion beam.
3 venerable dreadnoughts, with twinlinked lascannon and extra armor each.
honor guard squad, captain has thunder hammer and digital lassers.
marneus calgar lord macragge
4 drop pods, 3 for the dreadnoughts and 1 for lord macragge and honor guard, each with deathwind missile launchers and homing beacons.
captain darnath lysander
land raider with storm bolter, hunter killer missle, multimelta, extra armor
thunderfire cannon with techmarine
whirlwind tank.

image:

we rolled anihilation and dawn of war, so the main power of the army was left behind...

this is deployment:

turn 1 end:
on my turn i killed 2 marines with my sonic blasters, then he made a nice drop pod strike and shot 2 wounds off abaddon.

allright, in turn 2 most of my units came in, so i shot a weapon down a pod, stunned the other, killed all the honor guards and did a wound on lord macragge, then he brought another pod, along with his 2 termi squads, shot down several noise marines and 1 termi, then he assaulted with lord macragge who died fairly fast and doing no damage.
(this is just my power fist squad btw)

end of turn 3, lots of destruction and not enough time to explain it all...

turn 4, sandman surrendered after me killing a big deal of his units, and again lack of time.

Kobold

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:23 pm 
i would love to play plz.

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:45 pm 
hello, well, right now we got 2 diferent servers, the first one is this i showed pictures of and all that.
Maptool Version: b86
Server Name: WH40K
Password: wag

the other one is a more campaign style game, wich adds quests and a bit diferent gameplay, but still the wargame, ill send you the info if youre interested.

oh right, featuring huge constant world map/battlefield!!! :

Full View:

Close up to middle island:

close up to 3 small lakes on the left of the island:

and im close to the middle lake:

either way, both games are allowing custom codices, as long as they pass balancing and testing lol
(i made a protoss codex, and loafer, the campaign game gm decided to make zerg)

Kobold

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:53 am 
Ok this Looks to be great. I would love to play but I'll be honest I've never accually played before. I do understand the basics and am a fast learner of the rules if someone would be nice enough to walk me through a game. Let me know when someone can be aviable to show me the ropes if its ok.

Forgedchaos23@yahoo.com
Skype- forgedchaos23

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:08 pm 
ok, adding you to skype

Kobold

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:45 pm 
I'd be interested in spectating if thats okay? I'm quite interested in running some wargames on MapTools and would love to see how its done.

Kobold

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:21 pm 
Hi there,

I'm new to the forums here, been using map tools for a little while in our DnD games though. I'm starting to be interested in Warhammer, but I'm to poor to buy all those minis, and some of the people I'd play with aren't local! How difficult would it be to implement this framework in some "home" games?

(this looks really cool btw).

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:24 pm 
allright, the campaign style game server is called:
Beacon
and its password is:
Loaf

youre free to ask players to let you watch their game since the world map is currently under fog of war.
also, i havent tried to make it a framework on itself its just a big set of macros and properties, but it isnt packed or anything.

Kobold

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:57 pm 
Cool, I'll have to take a look at some point. Sounds pretty cool.

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next