House Building

Moderator: masterclif

masterclif
Giant

House Building

Post by masterclif »

Alright, so you guys have a base all cleaned out. But there are only a few things inside!
Feel free to do remodeling.
Here's where we will keep up to date on the house.
Here is a link to materials and labor.

Eh...The link is gone. If anyone can find it, I'll post it here. Otherwise, tell me what you want to do and I'll give ya prices.
Attachments
Game 1 Base in Progress.png
Game 1 Base in Progress.png (503.51 KiB) Viewed 8065 times

A.A. Baker
Kobold

Re: House Building

Post by A.A. Baker »

Well let's see. We'll need bedrooms, a storage room, kitchen. Boudica would suggest an infirmary and a command room to plan out jobs.

vvildcard
Kobold

Post by vvildcard »

vvildcard
Kobold

Post by vvildcard »

Viceak would like to be sure the premises are secure... change the locks on all the doors and get a quote for a full inspection for secret entrances/hidden rooms. A full-time guard of some sort can probably wait, but we should at least have someone on full time for general maintenance.

A.A. Baker
Kobold

Post by A.A. Baker »

Ok here's how I see it. Starting from the front door. The square room as you walk in could be a sort of command room for planning jobs. The room with the statue to the left could be an infirmary, the one with the statue to the right could be a training and sparring room.
The upper right room could be the kitchen, with that narrow room below it as a pantry. The big room between the training room and the kitchen would be the dining room. The space to the left of the kitchen could be a sort of unofficial den or living room, leading out to the back. To the left of that would be storage space. The space I split into six rooms could be bedrooms. Three standards and three spares. Other areas could be marked off for storage or other uses.
What do you think?
Attachments
Game 1 Base in Progress.jpg
Game 1 Base in Progress.jpg (189.89 KiB) Viewed 8058 times

vvildcard
Kobold

Post by vvildcard »

No problem with that config, so long as we're not remodeling a kitchen into a normal room... Cliff: are there any rooms that are already designed for a specific purpose?

masterclif
Giant

Post by masterclif »

Nope!

masterclif
Giant

Post by masterclif »

112=8*14 Walls
20=2*10 Doors
750 Simple Infirmary(Same as a simple alchemical laboratory)
1000 Guardroom(Same as barracks)
1000 Simple Kitchen(To feed the employees and characters)
750 Small Dining Room
250 Storage Area
1000 Bedrooms
840=40*21 Average Locks
5722 Estimate

The area between the two statue rooms is actually a bit small. It can hold a table big enough for about 10 people.

Infirmary is going to have an upkeep of 100gp a month, halved with a successful check by a medic. That includes the cost of the level 1 professional.
Barracks will require at least four patrollers each day, and 3 supervisors/patrollers. Unless you buy the guardroom, you will need to equip them yourselves. Don't forget at least 1 Sergent. Use the pricing listed in the post up top, but the price is going to be *10/level if you want more than guy-with-crossbow. By level, I mean level of hireling. Sergent price stays the same.
Maids are, of course, 1g/month. Just don't leave anything valuable lying around. The more you spend here, the less you worry about this kind of thing and the better the job done.

exferior
Kobold

Post by exferior »

The hallway and room at the bottom left seem to be a terrible waste of space. Why do we need an L-shaped hallway that leads to two doors of a single room? So pointless.

Obviously we will pay more for knocking down walls and replacing them, but we can partition the now-bigger left statue room when necessary, so it's a net gain.

Also think we should add a door from the top statue room to the top room with the back door; this is no longer a maze/dungeon, it's a house, rooms should be accessible.

I question the need for an Infimary, surely that's not our job to provide. However a Laboratory or Ritual Room would be wonderful. No need to staff it. If we find ourselves running an army then sure, an Infirmary is good, but we should leave that to Zanne and the Town Guard.

I've attached a labelled proposal.

As for what we pay for:
Locks: We should splurge for The Best Locks on the external doors, but I say don't bother for internal doors. Anything particularly valuable can be locked with Arcane Lock. For internal I say personal & staff rooms only (6x40 or maybe more depending how many staff) and go with 2x150 Amazing Lock instead for the back & front doors. Remove locks on other doors or just leave them.
Staff: I don't think any level of guard is going to be able to defend the building and we don't have anything worth stealing. Nebi would say no to barracks or guardroom and no to a squad of watchmen.
A cook and maid on the other hand, we want to find good quality personnel. I'm willing to spend 10g/month per employee for 2 or 3 staff, or hell if it's necessary even as much as 50g/month/employee, as we are *paragon tier adventurers* and should live like it.
Attachments
Game 1 Base in Progress labelled.jpg
Game 1 Base in Progress labelled.jpg (394.58 KiB) Viewed 8004 times

Return to “World of Lagal”