The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey MPBers, 103 is up for grabs after a couple of false starts starting yesterday. Frank's Lab has a new macro called Create System Effect which will allow you to apply pre-canned MPB features to your token. For example, if a token gets pulled beside an Immolith then you can register a "Lose Resistance fire" effect on it if it has such resistance. This is easier than removing the resistance effect and running its Activate RV again. Druids can also use the "Use Token Image" option (as per FL feature of the same name) for their Wild Shape feature. More system effects will be added in coming SLs. The RACK will also add a few more triggers for you automatically and Miss damage will now be detected (albeit as Untyped).

The biggest bug fix is the re-separation of Duration=Save effects being tracked separately. Effects will be rejected if they use the same state even if their names are different. Other minor tweaks include the disallowance of action point expenditure outside your turn, the allowance of multiple HealingBonus effects (as long as their names differ), the rejection of registration attempts on Dead tokens and the automatic copying of your weapon to your off hand if you say it is not single-handed.

Have a good weekend ...
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Dovetailing on the above, 104 lets you drop "State Immunity" and “Lose Vulnerable” effects via Create System Effect. Because some skip the # check step in monster creation, you are now prompted to confirm this. In our games, the DM sometimes attacks invisible guys even though the monster in question wouldn't know they're there. As DM, you will now be prompted for this situation. Finally, as a technical proof of concept (and because I had nothing better to do last week), I decided to help out the 1 or 2 remaining Rumble fans by adapting Longshot's campaign file to call my PC importer.

On the bug front, the blank name trick wasn't working when importing so you can now Cancel out of the process which makes more sense anyway. For non-interactive mode, some roadblocks have ben removed so the process should complete without interruption now. There were some problems giving group choices to quick button creators so that's been fixed. The RACK now properly calls Place Spell and Use Token Image for non-attack powers. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

I'm afraid SL 105 is mostly a bug-fix release. Those of you delivering triggers by effects would have noticed them not being registered but this has been corrected. Create System Effect will now prompt you for "Use Token Image", Create Effect will now offer only numeric property choices and Action Point handling is a bit smoother. In general, many internal and visible rough edges have been taken care of. Enjoy.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Thanks to some extra time and some inspiration I have been able to get SL 106 out early. The one new feature of note can be found under the Health menu. Transfer Effect will allow you to take care of those powers which allow you to pass off bad voodoo to some other sucker ... or even a good effect to a lucky ally or evil foe. Toggle d20 Choice Mode will now allow you to specifically automate the 5e Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic by automatically choosing the higher or lower for you. My players are always forgetting to hit the Start My Turn link when it doesn't pop up the prompt for them. If you run any power, it will now be run automatically for you if you have the checkmark but not the reticle. Finally, Create System Effect will now let you create Unflankable, Grant CA and Invisible effects. Remember to set the Conditions field (can't be "All") for the last two or they won't do anything.

In the way of bug fixes, there is now basic support for "dangling references" on effects. It is still bad to delete or rename a token without running Disengage on it first. However, if you do so by accident then Info will temporarily assume the lost name to resolve the reference. This can lead to some unexpected situations so be careful. You also shouldn't fiddle with MPB ownership but this will be cleared on a regular basis so you don't get the rarely seen (but very annoying) Acting variable prompt. With regard to monster imports, Sustain should now be set properly for spell token powers and a couple of obscure bugs with using the Call Basic Attack feature have been resolved.

Hope everybody likes the new graphics for the Trap, Pit and Skill Challenge tokens!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey gang, 107 is out and one of the adjustments you will notice is no longer being prompted for killing NPCs. My group is a particularly bloodthirsty bunch so I think this prompt just annoys them. You can bring prompting back for your character using the new Toggle Mercy Mode feature. Speaking of the yellow macro/menu, Toggle d20 Choice Mode choices have been renamed to "Advantage,Disadvantage" to better relate to our 5e friends out there. More enhancements include Swap Places being able to select non-adjacent tokens, Reset MPB Props can be run during combat and Healing Potion for Ally allowing you to take the potion off the ally.

Possibly the coolest new feature is support for NPC immunities. For example, if it says "Immune slowed" in the stats block then Slowed registration attempts against that monster will fail. If "poison" is specified then OngoingPoison will fail in addition to regular damage. I have not come across immunities to any other damage types but support for those can be added fairly easily.

Bug fixes include Restart Round now prompting for the round number if necessary, Use Shrouds not giving an MDE when 4 reached and Expend Powers not marking numbered power like Healing Word 1 .... which I can't believe went this long unnoticed. Most importantly, you can now see the Start My Turn output if you allow it to run automatically (i.e. don't click prompt or link). Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

For SL 108, Healing Potion for Ally works in a more comprehensive fashion with respect to culling adjacent donors and recipients. Attempting to register OngoingPoison on undead and others immune to poison will no longer work. Opportunity Attack now works a little better in that those immune will not even be listed as selectable targets. Banner will now refrain from displaying power use details if the Cheater Beater feature is active ... but don't tell your players I said that! :wink: Lastly, "can see" functionality for area attacks is now supported with the new checkbox in the third tab of the power editor. Up until now, tokens that had Visible to Players unchecked were fair game for burst attacks. That is still the case by default unless the words "can see" are found in the EffectText field.

On the bug fix end of things, clicking Cancel on the power editor works properly and registering the final fail on a skill challenge won't give an error. Speaking of the Skill Challenge token, an obscure import problem has been fixed and you will be assigned ownership for this token as well as for the Trap. Getting back to Cancel not working, you may now opt out of creating aftereffects when importing ... although I don't know why you would want to. The usual assortment of internal efficiency improvements you won't notice round out the release. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Although the ink may be barely dry on the 108 announcement, 109 has made an appearance thanks to a couple of days off. Avengers will want to set Attack Oath Prep on the MMHoF as an Attack event trigger def. Choose Basic Attack now offers the choice of Other so for special situations you can use any power. Configure Targeting now has the CanSee feature, Run Power will prompt you for starting your turn and Damage will register a Regeneration effect on healed tokens for a temporary visual cue.

On the bug fix side of the street, Import Description will now set ceiling height to something other than 4. Attack Power will no longer check if NPCs are using melee weapons for Melee attacks and ranged for Ranged. For monster importing, trait title recognition has been slightly improved and each field of a monster power will now be capitalized. The usual assortment of minor annoyances have also been rectified. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey MPBers, SL 110 worked quite well for our session last night so I have released it. There are a couple of glitches which are already fixed in the 111 Beta, namely improper asking of whether you should start your turn and the fact you are not prompted about # insertion during NPC import. These aren't showstoppers and can wait until 111 comes out. Problems fixed in this release include running of Add or Remove Trigger if your trigger macro is not found (our defender guy had this problem last week), running Milestones on the MPB won't overwrite your AP property, allowance of NPCs to choose Other in Choose Basic Attack (that's what the checkbox is for on the last tab so use that instead) and all-round better displaying of string property lists.

There are two semi-major improvements. First off, if PCs hover over the "to hit" numbers in their attack results then they will get the breakdown they said OK to just a few seconds earlier. This feature was adapted from Rumble's fw and was not done earlier given its dubious usefulness. You just saw the breakdown at an editable stage so there is little to be gained by seeing it in static form after the fact. All other breakdowns (damage rolls, skill checks, saves etc) will appear at the top of your output above the Banner. Secondly, you will now be prompted for a Runner when setting a trigger definition. Up until now, it was always assumed you would be the macro runner. Now you can set it to another token and even to a value of "Prompt" so you can choose at the moment of trigger execution.

Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Hey gang, SL 111 came out earlier this week sporting the corrections named above. There have also been a bunch of minor corrections to monster imports including better detection of requisite states and fixing of the double attack mechanic. Trigger Definitions will now allow you to select yourself as a runner even if you select different Lib token. Aura editing is now a little easier, Toggle Targetability will be run for removed from play phrases, and Speed Mods while Immobilized or Restrained will no longer work. The long standing and (very annoying, IMO) bug where attack aura vs targets from non-initiative tokens linger past a turn's end has finally been fixed.

The only new feature to speak of is the backing up of macro metadata while importing. If you come across the dreaded bug where there are missing/no macros on your Lib token after an import then just run FL->Write Macrosfrom Backup right away and you're good to go! The metadata is stored on the ABOS and is reset every time Reset MPB Props or an import is run. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 112 is now available but mostly consists of very minor bug fixes and tweaks. The only new aspect to speak of is me finally getting around to working the Run Power macro so it can take a macro as an argument. Try creating a quick button and look at its code to see what I mean. This finally brings Run Power's checking abilities to quick buttons. Striker Wrapper just plain wasn't working properly for PCs, Rumble Eval wasn't showing the breakdown link in some cases and Construct Rumble States wasn't detecting healing or defence bonuses as well as it could have. Again, the remaining changes are minor and internal in nature. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

113/1000th post!!!

Post by StarMan »

OK aside from the occasional user post every few pages or so I'm the only one writing these days. I'm taking that to mean nobody has any bugs to report! Nevertheless, it still feels pretty good to be entering 4-digit post numbers for this thread!

Speaking of bugs, I have fast-tracked SL 113 to take care of the semi-shaky 112 release. The most glaring is that 112-generated quick buttons don't work. Just delete and re-do with this release and they'll be fine. There was also some harmless code leakage into the Chat but more seriously Polymorph was not restoring the original image upon effect termination. This caused my changeling assassin to embarrass himself during Monday's session! :oops:

Enhancements include full weapon naming (use Edit Current Main Weapon to edit out apostrophes) in the tooltip attack breakdowns, Place Spell will now install effects to render your spell impervious to attacks (use Remove Effect to get rid of these if necessary) and Global Toggles now has a "Pause Game" mode. Cooler still is the new Skill Check Lock under the Common menu (so players don't have to OSP Skill Challenges, or whatever) and the new "vsType" field in the power editor. Just type in "demon" or whatever and the power will only be able to attack tokens with that keyword in their Race properties. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 114 is up for grabs so let me start with the biggest change. I have decided that library tokens are not needed unless you're a PC or a monster. Even the latter is debatable given the low number of powers/macros needed. Your existing zones and traps should still work fine but from this release forward F4 is the only macro that will generate a Lib version. Macros for all other features will be generated on the player token itself. Again, this change has potentially far-reaching implications and I may have not accounted for all permutations thereof so please report any breakages.

Other changes include the fixing of the Curse bug where, like Quarry, only one such mark was being permitted. It is now OK to not have an Activate RV macro and your Notes tab will not be written to outside an encounter. Lots of other macros like Convert to Spell have been tweaked to work a little more smoothly.

The big new feature I am happy to announce are the Group Check Start/Stop macros on the Skill Challenge token. Just use Import like you normally do and then Group Check Start when you want your players to do a group check. Follow the prompts and then use Group Check Stop when you are ready to submit their check. I will update the "Skill Challenge" page of the MPB site with full details soon. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 115 was posted yesterday and is yet another bug fix release which largely focuses on operational tweaks. The major bug from SL 114 was the breaking of Skill Check which only allowed Perception and Unarmed (WTF?!?) options. This has been fixed along with the arguably larger issue of state immunity support just not working for NPCs. A major change which will spill over into SL 116 is the overhaul of the trigger and Send Macro dynamic. The former had lots of redundant code already present in the latter. This process flow will be smoother in 116 as will the fledgling Group Check feature.

Macro creation metadata will now be saved in 2 places. Until now, it only sat on the ABOS's Z property where it would be erased by the next token creation process. The metadata is now also saved on your Lib's Z token but even this will be erased the next time you run F4. A workaround to a bizarre Resist property problem has been implemented in End My Turn. A couple of my players complained of vulnerability after their Resist_All effect was removed. This property will now be set to 0 if no bonafide Vlnrbl_All effect is in operation. You also now have the option of using Global Toggles to turn off CA awards and the Invisible state is now meaningless to Blinded creatures. Yes, that is an MPB house rule because I don't think that's specified in the rules.

Lots of other minor changes round out the release. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

SL 116 was posted a couple of days ago and is mostly a bug fix release like its predecessor. The Skill Challenge's Group Check feature has been put to rest and Create Effect now retains any defined triggers in Link. Choose Side on the Door token broke at the output stage, Mark now ignores Dead tokens when rangers use Quarry and Register Effect now ignores commas in properties.

The big news is the Send Macro/Send Wrapper pairing seems to be working out nicely if our Monday night session was any indication. You will be prompted every time you want to run something. That may get a bit annoying but the bright side is you will have greater control over your process flows. Also, if you need to total up XP for the monsters and other anti-PC tokens on your map, use the new Tally Map NPC XP facility in the root group of the MPB.

All other changes are minor changes and aesthetic/efficiency improvements. Enjoy ...

StarMan
Dragon

117/5th Anniversary

Post by StarMan »

Thanks to the abundance of extra time afforded by telecommuting, I am cranking out SLs like nobody's business! However, due to writer's block and the holiday season ramping up to high gear this weekend, 117 will have to do you for a while. This release sports the (hopefully) final iteration of the Door token, Perception and poison immunity reading is a bit better for MM3s and the Write Macros from Backup feature is now usable at the token level. The backup data is saved locally on your token so it is not reset when you import another.

Generally speaking, this release cleans up a lot of the importing features and attendant output thereof. The trigger and Send Macro dynamic has also undergone a lot of fine-tuning but you're not likely to see much difference from a user point of view. Unfortunately you will still need to use Expend Powers to mark encounter and daily powers sent to you as used. This just seems to be the way MT is designed as I have not been able to find a way to get that to work.

The only new feature to speak of is the supporting of self attacks. If you somehow whammy a creature into attacking itself, have its owner put the Dominated state upon said token and then attack as normal. Its name will then appear in the list of targets and the state should disappear on its own at the next maintenance refresh.

This thread first started in late Dec 2011 so let me take this opportunity to express what a privilege it's been to be part of your D&D experience for the past 5 years! Even though it seems you have no bugs to report or features to request, I would still like to hear from you so feel free to post here with your questions and to share your adventures. Merry Christmas etc and all the best in 2017 if I don't write again before New Year's!

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”