Rumble's 4th Edition D&D Framework, Version 5.0

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: Rumble's 4th Edition D&D Framework, Version 5.0

Post by Rumble »

Doc_Waldo wrote:A few quick questions:

1) Is there a way to establish a library for the powers, just as you have for the equipment? For example, when I go to manage my equipment library, I can see all that has been added over time (I assume), is there a way to have a place that does the same for powers. Even to the point where I could add powers prior?

2) I went to use the "Improvised Attack", I get "Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get"." error. What I did was imported a new token (PC), hit F4 to set up the token with standard actions, then hit the improvised attach, didn't add any inputs and hit OK. I then tried adding 1d8, but still got the same error. Any idea what I am doing wrong. I would like to be able to add this to my campaign macro in case something goes wrong everyone can use this for a quick attack.

3) I noticed on your Lib:Power 4e token, in the first section you have a maro (new), with nothing else in it, can I delete this?

4) Is there a way to change the default power creation button size from 150 to 100?

5) Is there a way to make it so when I edit the character sheets, as I tab, it highlights the number already in the cell? I am thinking about when I create a monster from scratch and I quickly want to make adjustments, currently I have to shift over because there is a number in there instead of just typing and know it will type over.

Sorry for the laundry list, I do very much appreciate the help.

Thanks.

I did not create a power library (this was intentional, as I do not want to be distributing WotC property if I can help it!); there are ways to do so but I did not plan to implement anything like that.

You can delete any macros called "(new)"

The default button size change would require a change to the code. In a future release I may consider it as an option.

As for the typing thing, I dont' think so - that's not in my control; it's an HTML renderer thing in MapTool.

If you could, please post new requests/bugs/etc. in the D&D 4e Frameworks subforum - make sure to follow the posting guidelines so I notice your reports!

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Hi Rumble,
I hope it is okay to continue with feature requests here. This is not a bug but an idea. It might even have been asked before, but here goes...

Conditions: Aftereffect and On Failed Saves support

Can you add the ability to have secondary and tertiary conditions/effects that dovetail upon initial ones? For example, allow for powers like the medusa's Petrifying Gaze;
  • Hit: the target is slowed (save ends).
    First Failed Save: The target is immobilized instead of slowed (save ends).
    Second Failed Save: The target is petrified (no save).
There are lots of powers that cause secondary, tertiary and maybe even quaternary conditions/effects with successive failed saves.

I imagine this is a big request. Just wondering what your apatite is for it?

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

If you are still taking suggestions, it would be nice to see more support for non-healing friendly powers and item powers. Showing the number of consumables left, equipment modifying AC, healing potions, that sort of thing. Maybe even an item library for consumables and armor?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”