Rumble's 4th Edition D&D Framework, Version 5.0

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: Rumble's D&D Framework, Version 5.0

Post by Rumble »

seanrpg wrote:Just a suggestion...

Post what version of D&D this is for.

I read through several pages but don't see where it mentions what rule set is being used. Hope I'm not missing something obvious.

I'm trying to find a D&D 3.5 system. Don't want 4th anything, and rather avoid Pathfinder at least for now (all my friends have 3.5, not PFS).

Sorry about that - it's now explicitly mentioned in the thread title.

Doc_Waldo
Giant

Re: Rumble's 4th Edition D&D Framework, Version 5.0

Post by Doc_Waldo »

How do you stop a dead monster token from moving to the background layer instead of staying on the token layer?
--DOC

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Doc_Waldo wrote:How do you stop a dead monster token from moving to the background layer instead of staying on the token layer?

You can't! Actually, you can, but you have to edit the Damage macro to do it. Find the macro called "Damage" on the token called "Lib:4e", and then, toward the bottom, find this line:

Code: Select all

[setLayer("BACKGROUND")]
and delete it.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Hi Rumble!

I think I have found a little bug. It occurs when you use the Configure FW macro. I get prompted for two different inputs;
  • esCoordsOrReticle
    burstCenters
Likely a through back to the Burst Center changes you have made recently (which I still think are great).

Hopefully that is a small thing to fix?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Deadolus wrote:Hi Rumble!

I think I have found a little bug. It occurs when you use the Configure FW macro. I get prompted for two different inputs;
  • esCoordsOrReticle
    burstCenters
Likely a through back to the Burst Center changes you have made recently (which I still think are great).

Hopefully that is a small thing to fix?
Yep, should be trivial - it's just looking for the settings for a couple options that no longer exist. I will have to make sure they're not called anywhere else, but that should be easy enough to correct.

I am encouraged by the fact that it's been 8 days without anyone reporting a showstopper, with a weekend thrown in the mix. I think this may be ready for a "real" release. I have the documentation mostly finished, and after 30 beta revs, I will be happy to kick it out of the nest!

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Not sure if I did something wrong, but last night, I played with this (don't have much experience on it yet). While setting up a condition on token, but it seemed to revert to Save Ends no matter what I selected. Am I doing it wrong or is this a bug?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

jfrazierjr wrote:Not sure if I did something wrong, but last night, I played with this (don't have much experience on it yet). While setting up a condition on token, but it seemed to revert to Save Ends no matter what I selected. Am I doing it wrong or is this a bug?

Speak the magic word "showstopper" and look what happens. :D

With regard to the question, I...don't know. Can you tell me what condition and what specific steps you followed - some conditions, for instance, are always save-ends no matter what you set (like Ongoing damage), so if it was one of those, then that's the issue. On the other hand, if it's doing that regardless, then definitely it's a bug.

I haven't heard the same issue from anyone else, which suggests that it's not a bug but perhaps user (or documentation!) error. I will experiment with it this afternoon and see if I can reproduce.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Nope... looks like it is user error. I know the first play, I did a blind or something like that. But the second I did ongoing damage.

Upon further testing today, it works correctly as I was not paying attention to what type of condition.....

move along... nothing to see here. :oops:
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Oh.. one other thing... any chance of you at some point providing the macro's on the selection panel as macro links on the character sheet?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

jfrazierjr wrote:Oh.. one other thing... any chance of you at some point providing the macro's on the selection panel as macro links on the character sheet?
Magic eight-ball says: Ask again later.

Actually, it's one of the things I'd like to do - however, I had lots of trouble with it in the past (just being unpredictable, basically). On the upside, in my other framework (the "slim" version) I think I've nailed down the process pretty smoothly, I may be able to import that method to this framework.

The biggest problem is just processing lag when generating the sheet, but that can be addressed by caching at least some of it. If I'm extra crafty about it, it won't involve a disgusting amount of JSON looping, either. For instance, in the Slim version, since there is no Powers variable containing all the power details, I build the character sheet based on the actual macros in the selection panel, with a couple tricks using properties of the macro itself as data sources.

My favorite discovery was that the sort order property of a macro doesn't have to be a number, so I can store data in it about the macro, and use it to sort macros. So a Standard Action at-will power would be given the sort order "0-Standard-AtWill" which can then be picked apart without digging into any large JSONs.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Rumble wrote:My favorite discovery was that the sort order property of a macro doesn't have to be a number, so I can store data in it about the macro, and use it to sort macros. So a Standard Action at-will power would be given the sort order "0-Standard-AtWill" which can then be picked apart without digging into any large JSONs.
Cool. I wonder if you can set more properties than the normal one? I may also test using getMacroCommand and setMacroCommand instead of using a property for large data. My first thought is it won't be any faster, but who knows.

Make sure to check out this trick for complicated cached links that take awhile to process. It's not worth doing it for small lists, but if you have a big list, then maybe so.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 20#p174098

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

aliasmask wrote:
Rumble wrote:My favorite discovery was that the sort order property of a macro doesn't have to be a number, so I can store data in it about the macro, and use it to sort macros. So a Standard Action at-will power would be given the sort order "0-Standard-AtWill" which can then be picked apart without digging into any large JSONs.
Cool. I wonder if you can set more properties than the normal one? I may also test using getMacroCommand and setMacroCommand instead of using a property for large data. My first thought is it won't be any faster, but who knows.

Make sure to check out this trick for complicated cached links that take awhile to process. It's not worth doing it for small lists, but if you have a big list, then maybe so.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 20#p174098
Hm. It is a json or string property list, but I don't know if it will automatically trim off nonstandard properties when the macro is saved. I've looked at that code, and I think it might dump anything not specified as a macro button property, but I could be wrong.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Attention

I've decided that, after patching up the last couple bugs pointed out in the Configure FW macro, that this thing was ready for release. So, it is officially released as Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5.0.0!

I've placed the release thread in the new D&D 4th Edition Frameworks subforum; you can get to the thread here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16415

Thank you for your patience and your help. I hope everyone enjoys this new framework. If you find bugs, you can report them in the D&D Frameworks forum, or via the Mantis bugtracker at http://www.houseofgenius.com/mantis

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Rumble wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:Oh.. one other thing... any chance of you at some point providing the macro's on the selection panel as macro links on the character sheet?
Magic eight-ball says: Ask again later.
Now = later Pwease... pretty pwease

Doc_Waldo
Giant

Post by Doc_Waldo »

A few quick questions:

1) Is there a way to establish a library for the powers, just as you have for the equipment? For example, when I go to manage my equipment library, I can see all that has been added over time (I assume), is there a way to have a place that does the same for powers. Even to the point where I could add powers prior?

2) I went to use the "Improvised Attack", I get "Unknown JSON type "" in function "json.get"." error. What I did was imported a new token (PC), hit F4 to set up the token with standard actions, then hit the improvised attach, didn't add any inputs and hit OK. I then tried adding 1d8, but still got the same error. Any idea what I am doing wrong. I would like to be able to add this to my campaign macro in case something goes wrong everyone can use this for a quick attack.

3) I noticed on your Lib:Power 4e token, in the first section you have a maro (new), with nothing else in it, can I delete this?

4) Is there a way to change the default power creation button size from 150 to 100?

5) Is there a way to make it so when I edit the character sheets, as I tab, it highlights the number already in the cell? I am thinking about when I create a monster from scratch and I quickly want to make adjustments, currently I have to shift over because there is a number in there instead of just typing and know it will type over.

Sorry for the laundry list, I do very much appreciate the help.

Thanks.
--DOC

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”