[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: [4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Post by Jagged »

That seems to work great. Thanks again :)

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Next Question:
I've been setting up a Slayer character, who has Stances and modified Basic Attacks. The only way I could get the Stances to work with the Slayer Basic attacks was to edit the basic attacks. It works and it doesn't appear to have messed up other basic attacks. But I wonder if I am doing it wrong? I tried adding the power from scratch using the "Basic Attack" option but that didn't seem to do it.

cheers!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Sneak Attacks:
Whoops. Just discovered the Class Features and the Sneak Attack action. Nothing to see here, move along. :oops:

What a great framework this is :mrgreen:

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Evocation School
What do people do about the Evocation Apprentice power? Where you roll your damage dice and if you get any 1s you can reroll one of them?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Okay I have a solution to the Evocation Apprentice ability:
  • I added an function called "dsr.evoDice" (dsr, that's me :wink: ) that takes an argument like "2d6" or "d8" and returns the result as per the Evocation Apprentice rules (which means if you roll any 1s you may re-roll one 1 once).
  • Declare it in an "OnCampaignLoad" function
  • Then I added that function into Rumbles "rfw.extractDice" function (are you still with me?) so its triggered by using the phrase "EVO". So if you have a power like "Arc Lightning" that does "1d6+Int" damage you can enter that into the power description as "1d6+Int EVO" and it will use the Evocation Apprentice rules.
dsr.evoDice

Code: Select all

[h:diceString = arg(0)]
[h:timesID = strfind(diceString, "d?([0-9]?[0-9])d?")]
[h:diceT = getFindCount(timesID)]
[h: diceTimes = if(diceT>1, getGroup(timesID,1,1) , 1 )]
[h: diceSides =  getGroup(timesID,1,1)]
[h,if(diceT > 1),CODE:{ 
     [ diceSides = getGroup(timesID,2,1) ]
}]

[h: sum = 0]
[h: ones = 0]
[h, count(diceTimes), code: {
    [h: r = roll(1, diceSides)]
    [h: ones = ones+if(r == 1, 1, 0)]
    [h: sum = sum+r]
}]
[h: sum = if (ones>0, sum+roll(1, diceSides)-1, sum)]
[h:macro.return=sum]
Note: This only effects explicit power dice (like "1d6 EVO") so typing something like "1MHW EVO" would have no effect.
Attachments
rfw.extractDice.txt
Replacement code for rfw.extractDice
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Darkelf2000
Kobold

Post by Darkelf2000 »

When my players use the 'check' macro, it only sends the results of the skill check to the GM. Not really sure what the deal is, but I'm guessing something is off. Any advice?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Darkelf2000 wrote:When my players use the 'check' macro, it only sends the results of the skill check to the GM. Not really sure what the deal is, but I'm guessing something is off. Any advice?
Is that a specific function you've used or something hanging off their character sheets? Paste in more details and I will happily take a look. No promises for an answer though ;)

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Wouldn't using the "XdYrL" form described at http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/Dice_Expressions accomplish the same thing? You might be over-thinking things ...
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

StarMan wrote:Wouldn't using the "XdYrL" form described at http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/Dice_Expressions accomplish the same thing? You might be over-thinking things ...
Unfortunately not, that repeatedly re-rolls. Evocation Apprentice only lets you re-roll one "1", and then just the once.

Which is a shame really, you don't need a special function for XdYrL since 2d6r1 is exactly the same as 2d5+2. Having a function that rerolled the dice once would be quite handy.

Because I am a bit of a sad-o programmer I did also make a Java Dice function that would reroll the dice once, but I resorted to the Macro language instead because it meant I didn't have to distribute anything to my players :)

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

I'm having trouble with the script builder macro on my character sheet. I try to put in "ongoing fire", "save ends", a value of 5, and "apply on hit" and the builder comes up completely blank. Like the picture I attached.
Screen Shot 2012-06-28 at 9.25.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-06-28 at 9.25.03 PM.png (38.8 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
Running latest version of Rumble slim, on a mac running MTb87
I don't want the world, I just want your half.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Possibly an obvious question but, "Have you clicked the section tick box?"

Each section has a tick box and regardless of what you select it only outputs a macro if the box is ticked. I make that mistake all the time ;)

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

Not obvious enough for me, apparently :oops: . It was late, what can I say? Thanks for your suggestion!

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

Hello fellow maptoolers: we played Rumble's framework for the first time today and we hit a few snags. We would love to use it as our go-to framework but we would like to address these blips before we commit to a long-term campaign with it. I was wondering if anyone could help us with any of them (If this kind of thread is better done in another forum, please let me know I'll go ahead and start a thread there and delete this post).

1. (EDIT: cannot strike-through so enacasing this in spoilers instead)
Spoiler
One of our players got this error when trying to access his quick character sheet, he got this error in the chat.

Code: Select all

SWITCH option found no match for "".       Statement options (if any): switch(usage)       Statement Body (first 200 characters): case 0:awlist = json.append(awlist, idx); case 1:enlist = json.append(enlist, idx); case 2:dylist = json.append(dylist, idx); case 3:rclist = json.append(rclist, idx); case 4:cslist =
He said he had tested everything before the game. Does anyone recognize what this error references
The player simply regenerated his token and it works fine. We're chalking it up to general corruption of the token.

2. (fixed as per #1)
Spoiler
This same player had his strength modifier (+6) applied twice to all his powers. His strength is in his sheet like normal. HAs anyone seen this?
3. The DM would like to disable having players being able to get mouseover information from NPCs. He does not have strict token ownership turned on and prefers keeping it that way. Is there a preference in the framework he can toggle?

EDIT: added information below and deleted post to consolidate messages

4. When I change my character's size (from medium to small because he is a gnome), none of my power macros worked. I switched the token back to medium and everything was back to normal. Is there something within the framework to change a token's size; is this something I should do first thing in token creation; or is it a bug and I should leave token size alone?

5. I notice that monsters, when their HP drops below 0, are moved to the background layer. Any way to prevent this behavior? We prefer to clear tokens from the battlefield as they fall. Having to switch to the background layer to do this will be cumbersome to say the least.

If any of this information can be read in some form of documentation, feel free to point me to that instead (with links, preferably). Thanks for your help!
Last edited by silversonic on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Regarding:

#1 - My players occasionally get errors on the character sheet, so far I have not had a problem that wasn't solved by hitting the "Clear Cached Quicksheet" button found in the campaign window.

#2 - Its not always obvious what bonus the framework calculates and what bonus it doesn't, so its best to start off assuming it does and got from there.

#3 - Do you mean the stats that appear in the bottom right of the screen? This page of the wiki explains how they are configured.

#4 - Never experienced this problem I am afraid and in the campaign I am running at the moment I am changing token size quite frequently. I've seen similar when the token name was changed but not the size. Try the "Clear Cached Quicksheet" button mentioned above.

#5 - Afraid you are out of luck with the corpses. Personally I like it that way, but then one of my players is running a necromancer so we like to keep an eye on all the dead bodies :)

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

Thanks, Jagged, for stepping up to the plate. Here's an update

#1 & #2 I'll remember that for future games. For now we are back to normal with everyone's tokens.

#3: Hmm, from reading the wiki I think we can pull this off if we give the entire party ownership of everyone's tokens while the dm only owns the npcs. Then we'd need to figure out which properties to put the @ in front of...

#4: Yup, everything's working again!

#5: That's really too bad considering how many aspects of the framework I really like. Maybe there's a macro I can edit?

Thanks again!

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”