[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Re: [4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Post by Rumble »

Mrugnak wrote:I'm back, with another two usage questions for folks who are familiar with the slim framework :) (Rumble, or whoever)

On a player, is there a way to "recharge" an expended encounter or daily? Say, for when you use Salve of Power or Student of the Analthemon or however you spell that. I don't need it automatically linked to something else, just wondering if there's a "Reset power" button I missed. I can just click on the macro button even if it's grey of course, but the grey button and crossed out bit on the reference sheet annoy me :)

Is there a way to set an extended crit range on implement powers? Warlock Implement Mastery gives it, and I can always set it in the attack window that pops up but it's a little fussy to do each time. I'm lazy :)
I don't recall putting in a way to do that, but I think if you just edit the power and hit OK (without changing anything), it resets it. Don't quote me on that, though. :D

On the second question...uh. I don't think so. Never occurred to me to include that.

justdave
Kobold

Post by justdave »

S'prolly something that I'm not doing correctly here, as I can't find any reference to anyone else having this problem.
I pull in a character summery and firstly, none of the ability scores are added. When I add them, the Ref value is always 10, and when I hover over a characters token, initiative is always at -5.
Help?

justdave
Kobold

Post by justdave »

Okay, now admittedly, I know absolutely nothing about how macros work, which is probably why I'm having a problem.
I've recently tried to use this brilliant tool to run a game to introduce some dispersed friends into role-playing.
I entered have all their powers(probably incorrectly), but when we try to use them, we get the title of the power used, the target, and the result of the roll to hit.
But then we get:-

« if(gmOnlyNotes != "--none--", "
GM Notes: "+gmOnlyNotes+"
", "") =  »

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Very much appreciated,
Dave.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

justdave wrote:Okay, now admittedly, I know absolutely nothing about how macros work, which is probably why I'm having a problem.
I've recently tried to use this brilliant tool to run a game to introduce some dispersed friends into role-playing.
I entered have all their powers(probably incorrectly), but when we try to use them, we get the title of the power used, the target, and the result of the roll to hit.
But then we get:-

« if(gmOnlyNotes != "--none--", "
GM Notes: "+gmOnlyNotes+"
", "") =  »

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Very much appreciated,
Dave.
Go to Edit->Preferences, and make sure "Use tooltips for inline rolls" is checked. You may also need to check it on the Server Startup dialog, too; basically, just check that box wherever you find it. :D

justdave
Kobold

Post by justdave »

Brilliant, Thanks Rumble, and thanks again for such a useful tool :-)

Harowen
Kobold

Post by Harowen »

First of all, just want to express my appreciation for all the hard work that's gone into this resource. I'm trying to get my DM on board for adjusting to a real framework for our RPTools games, but have run into a couple snags.
Does anybody know how to get brutal weapons to work in this? Edit gear will accept a kludge of 1d10+2 (identical to 1d12 reroll 1's and 2's) for say, an Execution Axe, but the +2 doesn't carry through to multi-(w) weapons. Is there an option other than just going with d10, and then manually editing in a +2 per (w) to every power?
Found this one, http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/Dice_Expressions if anybody else needs it, 1d12r3.

Also, anybody know where the table for the inherent/fixed bonuses is? The table is appears incorrect and is applying the damage portion of the fixed enhancement as if it was a defense bonus, rather than an attack/damage bonus. If need be we can just fake it by pretending like we have enhancements on items, but it would be preferable to just edit the entry to be accurate.

e.g. at level 2 it applies +1 bonus to hit, but the +1 bonus to damage isn't applied until level 4, which doesn't match the chart in Dark Sun or the description on 138 of DMG2. (Unless the chart was updated more recently than the errata from 1/23/12, which has no mention of it?)

Thanks!

darkmeiun
Kobold

Post by darkmeiun »

Awesome work Rumble.

I'm trying to make a campaign for my own designed game, and using yours as an example to learn for the macros. How did you make some macros "hidden" like the rfw.ediChar()? is it possible to find the code?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I'm just beginning to find my way round this excellent framework (thanks Rumble) but I notice the edit and equip gear buttons don't appear to work on NPCs. Is that because people just don't use gear on monsters? Or am I doing something wrong?

I think the toggle-edit mode is a little off for NPC created by the f4 function, in that it seems to add multiple edit macros. The sample NPC character works just fine though.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Posting to answer a few recent questions:
Also, anybody know where the table for the inherent/fixed bonuses is? The table is appears incorrect and is applying the damage portion of the fixed enhancement as if it was a defense bonus, rather than an attack/damage bonus. If need be we can just fake it by pretending like we have enhancements on items, but it would be preferable to just edit the entry to be accurate.
They're located in the Tables window - they're the ones that begin with "Fixed" (like "FixedAttackBonus"). Looking at them, I don't know why I did them that way - I may have been thinking that you had that bonus for levels X thru Y, rather than have them kick in at certain levels. Or, I may have just thought I was far more clever than reality permits.
I'm trying to make a campaign for my own designed game, and using yours as an example to learn for the macros. How did you make some macros "hidden" like the rfw.ediChar()? is it possible to find the code?
Those are macros created and deployed using the User Defined Function feature of the scripting language. If you look at the "onCampaignLoad" macro on the different Lib tokens, you'll see where I define the function name (like rfw.editChar()) and the macro that function names points to (it's basically an alias that lets me pass arguments). I often name the macros the exact same thing as their function call, but not always, because I'm wildly inconsistent. :) So check out the onCampaignLoads to see the aliases.
I'm just beginning to find my way round this excellent framework (thanks Rumble) but I notice the edit and equip gear buttons don't appear to work on NPCs. Is that because people just don't use gear on monsters? Or am I doing something wrong?

I think the toggle-edit mode is a little off for NPC created by the f4 function, in that it seems to add multiple edit macros. The sample NPC character works just fine though.
It's primarily the first - gear isn't a thing for monsters in 4E, really. The problem may arise that actual NPCs, as opposed to monsters, are more like PCs, but MapTool doesn't have a third category - everything is either an NPC or a PC, although 4E sorta has three categories - PC, NPC, and Monster.

Highmeh
Kobold

Post by Highmeh »

Note: I wasn't sure if I should create separate thread for this, so if this deserves one, let me know and I'll repost this.

I'm working on Condition/State macros for a custom framework for my group (using Rumble Slim as a reference) and I wanted to use the same icon set as in Rumble Slim. Is there a downloadable set/pack/zip that contains the Condition/State assets for Rumble Slim, or perhaps a way that I can extract them from the campaign file?

I know the majority of the icons are available the RPTools Mapping resources, but there are additional Condition icons that aren't available in there (Grabbed, various defender-specific Marks, etc.). I also searched this forum and on Google for any packs that contained the icons I'm looking for but no luck.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I am currently working on a Hexblade with a Fey Weapon. Is there a clever way I could use custom code or something to have an power that equips the Fey Weapon as a minor action?

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Highmeh wrote:I'm working on Condition/State macros for a custom framework for my group (using Rumble Slim as a reference) and I wanted to use the same icon set as in Rumble Slim. Is there a downloadable set/pack/zip that contains the Condition/State assets for Rumble Slim, or perhaps a way that I can extract them from the campaign file?
Been there, done that (link below) ... except with his full framework rather than the slim one. If you register on my site then you'll see the campaign properties file on my download page. It sounds like this is what you're looking for and yes, "Grabbed" is one of the conditions. You can also export the properties and states from either Rumble edition and import them into your own campaign as I have done.

Why are you making a custom framework? What features do you want that aren't present in his work? Just curious ...
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Next Question to Those In The Know: :mrgreen:

How do the various defense bonuses work?

For example when I click on "AC" or "Fort" on a character sheet it asks me to enter a bonus. I enter "2" and click okay but the character sheet is not updated. So its difficult to know if its doing anything. Should I see anything on the character sheet? Similarly with something like the "Second Wind" condition, that grants +2 to all defenses. Is that taken automatically into account, should I be able to see this through anything other than the condition icon?

cheers

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Jagged wrote:Next Question to Those In The Know: :mrgreen:

How do the various defense bonuses work?

For example when I click on "AC" or "Fort" on a character sheet it asks me to enter a bonus. I enter "2" and click okay but the character sheet is not updated. So its difficult to know if its doing anything. Should I see anything on the character sheet? Similarly with something like the "Second Wind" condition, that grants +2 to all defenses. Is that taken automatically into account, should I be able to see this through anything other than the condition icon?

cheers
That is not working because ages ago, I screwed it up and never realized it. The character sheet macro handles bonuses properly for NPCs, but not PC tokens. I have corrected the problem (I think) in the attached macro. Please try replacing the macro

rfw.charSheet

located on the token Lib:4e

with the attached macro. Then, you should see the defenses update properly. If they're wrong when the sheet updates, you can also reset them and see the result. Sorry. :oops:

Post here if it works, and I'll push out an update for everyone.
Attachments
rfw_slim_charsheet_fix20120612.mtmacro
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Rumble wrote:Post here if it works, and I'll push out an update for everyone.
Thanks Rumble, I should get a chance to do that tonight.

Incidentally I am very much enjoying your framework *thumbsup*

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”