[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: [4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Post by Jagged »

Can I ask those people that use this framework how they deal with Encounter Powers that can be used twice (or more) per encounter?

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Well I don't use it but at the risk of proclaiming the obvious can you not duplicate the macro and give it a different name?
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

You can, very easily. It can make the character sheet rather long though. So I wondered if anyone had done something clever?

[EDIT] And unfortunately the way the character sheet handles used powers mean that both duplicates get flagged "used" once one has been activated, and taking a rest doesn't restore them.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Rumble' Slim Framework - Jagged Version
As my group work their way through H1 I've been making a number of minor updates to Rumble's Framework which I include here for anyone that wants it. Click Here to Download

This includes the following modifications:
  • Minor Correction to Sneak Attack
  • Minor correction to how miscellaneous defense bonus are displayed
  • Addition of an AC Bonus to the primary Implement tab. This is to enable feats like Wand Expertise.
  • Creation of an Evocation function to represent the Apprentice Evocation Mage feat. This feat allows you to reroll one die once if you roll any 1s for damage in an Evocation power. To represent this feat simply add "EVO" to the end of the damage description when creating the power. For example "2d6+Int EVO"
  • Humans in D&D Essential have the "Heroic Effort" feat that allows them to add +4 to an attack roll or save that would otherwise have failed. To enable this the "power execute" function will display "An Heroic Effort would turn this into x type damage" after any miss by 4 or less IF and ONLY IF the player has an Encounter Power called "Heroic Effort"
  • Addition of a Spell Book Function. See below.
  • Tracks use of Channel Divinity Spells. See below.
  • Functionality for multi-use Encounter powers. See below.
Spell Book Function
I created a previous version of this function that adds or removes macro buttons from the Power Library. It worked okay for low levels, but as a mage acquires more spells, it takes far too long. Especially over the internet. So this version has been modified so that it only "hides" unwanted powers (it doesn't remove them) and doesn't display them on the character sheet.

To use this function, you must first set the number of Encounter, Daily and Utility powers the mage can use. This is done by selecting the character, pressing F11 and entering the values on the second tab.

Then you must configure the Spell Book. This is done by selecting the character and pressing the "Configure Spell Book" button from the Campaign window. You then select which group you wish to modify (Free, Encounter, Daily or Utility), select the level (currently only with the Heroic Tier) and then select a power to add to the group or a power to remove from the group. By going through this process you add spells to all sections of the mage's spell book.

Once the spell book has been set up, use F10 to bring up the Class Features window, and add the "Spell Book" function from the second tab. The player can then select the spells they wish to appear on their character sheet by clicking the "Consult Spell Book" feature.
Example Spell Book of lvl 3 Mage
Channel Divinity Tracking
To track the use of Channel Divinity Spells, use the F11 function to set the number of Channel Divinity spells per encounter (second tab). Then ensure that any Channel Divinity spell includes the text "Channel Divinity" in the power title. Each Channel Divinity spell will be treated as an individual Encounter spell as normal but once the total number of Channel Divinity spells has been used, all will be crossed out on the character sheet.

Multi-Use Encounter or Daily Powers
Within Essentials there are a number of Encounter powers that characters can use multiple times as they level, such as Power Strike, Backstab or Healing Word. To represent this within this framework you must:
  • If the power already exists, edit and save it. This is so that it acquires the code changes made in this version of the framework.
  • From the Selection tab, duplicate the desired power macro button.
  • Refresh the character sheet by either pressing the "Clear Cached Quicksheet" or "Resting" button from the Campaign window.
  • On the Character Sheet the duplicated power will now only appear once, but will display as "Encounter (2)", assuming it was an Encounter power.
  • Use the power as normal, by clicking either the character sheet or the macro buttons. When one use is left "Encounter (2)" will change to "Encounter". When the last one is used, the power will be crossed through as normal.
Example of Multi Use Encounter Power
As appears on Character Sheet (none used)

As appears on Selection window (one used)

ronsson
Kobold

Failure to import DDI character

Post by ronsson »

Hey

why can't I import DDI characters? I tried both the normal Rumble and Slim framework. It fails on characteristics which are all 0 (STR, CHA..). Has the character summary changed and how should it look so I can edit the import?

This is how it looks today:
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Naburus, level 7
Tiefling, Warlock
Build: Scourge Warlock
Eldritch Blast Option: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact Option: Infernal Pact
Tiefling - Dark Secret (+2 to Arcana)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 15, CON 18, DEX 12, INT 17, WIS 11, CHA 11

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 15, CON 17, DEX 12, INT 16, WIS 11, CHA 9

AC: 19 Fort: 18 Ref: 17 Will: 15
HP: 60 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +13, History +11, Insight +8, Religion +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Athletics +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +7, Heal +3, Intimidate +3, Nature +3, Perception +3, Stealth +6, Streetwise +3, Thievery +4

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Tiefling Racial Power: Infernal Wrath
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Blast
Warlock Attack 1: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock Pact Boon 1: Dark One's Blessing
Warlock Attack 1: Cursebite
Warlock Attack 1: Flames of Phlegethos
Warlock Utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock Attack 3: Fiery Bolt
Warlock Attack 5: Avernian Eruption
Warlock Utility 6: Dark One's Own Luck
Warlock Attack 7: Infernal Moon Curse

FEATS
Level 1: Improved Initiative
Level 2: Hellfire Blood
Level 4: Improved Dark One's Blessing
Level 6: Scion of the Gods

ITEMS
Magic Staff +1 x1
Flame Wand +1
Adventurer's Kit
Magic Leather Armor +1 x1
====== End ======

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Yeah I've noticed that too. Try deleting from "POWERS" on down since it doesn't import that stuff anyway, AFAIK. Also try another character as the importer may be tripping up on non-standard aspects of this one's summary. As per my last post, I don't use Slim and will soon be dropping the full version. Even so, if you are using the latter then you can try my solution here. I noticed you are my latest registrant so another option is to just wait until early next month when I release MPB 2.0.

ronsson
Kobold

Post by ronsson »

Thanks,

I did swap the POWERS and FEATS sections and removed any single spaces on lines which maybe was unnecessary. I also had to change STR INT WIS etc to Str Int Wis...

This removed any errors but the inventory didn't get imported. I didn't have time to look at your framework before this weekends play session but will do asap. That .dnd4e importer seems really promising since importing raw data should be the way to go!

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Answered here.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Failure to import DDI character

Post by jfrazierjr »

ronsson wrote:Hey

why can't I import DDI characters? I tried both the normal Rumble and Slim framework. It fails on characteristics which are all 0 (STR, CHA..). Has the character summary changed and how should it look so I can edit the import?

This is how it looks today:
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Naburus, level 7
Tiefling, Warlock
Build: Scourge Warlock
Eldritch Blast Option: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact Option: Infernal Pact
Tiefling - Dark Secret (+2 to Arcana)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 15, CON 18, DEX 12, INT 17, WIS 11, CHA 11

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 15, CON 17, DEX 12, INT 16, WIS 11, CHA 9

AC: 19 Fort: 18 Ref: 17 Will: 15
HP: 60 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +13, History +11, Insight +8, Religion +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Athletics +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +7, Heal +3, Intimidate +3, Nature +3, Perception +3, Stealth +6, Streetwise +3, Thievery +4

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Tiefling Racial Power: Infernal Wrath
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Blast
Warlock Attack 1: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock Pact Boon 1: Dark One's Blessing
Warlock Attack 1: Cursebite
Warlock Attack 1: Flames of Phlegethos
Warlock Utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock Attack 3: Fiery Bolt
Warlock Attack 5: Avernian Eruption
Warlock Utility 6: Dark One's Own Luck
Warlock Attack 7: Infernal Moon Curse

FEATS
Level 1: Improved Initiative
Level 2: Hellfire Blood
Level 4: Improved Dark One's Blessing
Level 6: Scion of the Gods

ITEMS
Magic Staff +1 x1
Flame Wand +1
Adventurer's Kit
Magic Leather Armor +1 x1
====== End ======
Are you 100% sure that all of those apostrophes are REAL apostrophes rather than those stupid, moronic Microsoft right single quotes? Try pasting the summary into Notepad or another PLAIN TEXT EDITOR(and no, MS Word and WordPad are NOT plain text editors!!!!) and manually replacing the apostrophe's one by one with those from your keyboard that you type. Then try pasting the result in to see if that fixes the issue(documented by Rumble in the posts!!!!)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

ronsson
Kobold

Post by ronsson »

Thanks Jfrazierjr - I did have straight apostrophes that i changed to curly ones but it didn't seem to do any difference.

So it works for you guys? Using .87 and the latest DDI online character builder? Or isn't that expected to work?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

As well as apostrophes you need to check other characters, hyphens are often trouble makers too.

Unfortunately the DDI format isn't going to provide a lot for you, since there is no attack information beyond the name, I would try stripping out everything except the final attributes and skills and see how that works for you. Plus when you import select the "just stats" option.

The import was design to work off the pdfs where you could copy and paste the stat block, its a shame the DDI Character builder won't give you that :(

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Maybe this will help:

Code: Select all

<!--
[MTFriendlyString=""]
[Text=replace(macro.args, "\\'", "&#39")]
[LastChar=" "]
[COUNT(length(Text)), CODE:
{
    [char=substring(Text, roll.count, roll.count+1)]
    [IF(matches(char, "[\\d\\w\\.\\(\\)\\+\\-\\:; ,!&#=]") && !(LastChar==" " && char==" ")):
        MTFriendlyString=MTFriendlyString+char)]
    [LastChar=char]
}]
[macro.return=MTFriendlyString]
--> 
I use this in the new edition of my framework to keep valid characters and ignore macro-breaking ones like apostrophes and long hyphens. Some enterprising Rumble fan can take this and convert any text (supplied as the macro's lone parameter) to MT-friendly text.

ronsson
Kobold

Post by ronsson »

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can do!

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

I have found that Google Chrome,IE don not work well from ddi,or compendium powers etc.However Firefox imports 98% perfectly of the time without having to change any symbols.I have also used offline CB sheets and ran a PDF or Bullzip printer in order to get the pdf style for copy and paste which is what I used to do until I realized by accident that the type of browser you use affects how it is copied into the framework.

WarNLZ
Kobold

Post by WarNLZ »

Our DM just got our group started on your slim framework and its works fine except for what looks like an ownership error. any tokens placed by the DM without my ownership are fine. I can even use their macros and move them without issue when I'm given the permissions. When I set the owner of the token to my self or any combination that includes myself I can't remove my ownership and I get the following error usually three times in a row.

Code: Select all

SWITCH option found no match for "".       Statement options (if any): switch(usage)       Statement Body (first 200 characters): case 0:awlist = json.append(awlist, idx); case 1:enlist = json.append(enlist, idx); case 2:dylist = json.append(dylist, idx); case 3:rclist = json.append(rclist, idx); case 4:cslist =
Tokens that I have created and placed are fine, but if I save one of the DM's tokens and place it I get the same issues. Any token the DM places that starts with me in control also has the same issues. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”