[4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Cherno
Giant

Re: [4E] Rumble's "Slim" Framework

Post by Cherno »

Well yes I amde sure that all tokens are added to initiative, but as I wrote I can't even changed between non-tracked, condition track frame and fully automated tracking; It always defaults to condition track frame because the tracking frame plus the condition selection frame always open as soon as I advance the turn. If I click on the condition macro button, the same frames open, but no option to switch to fully automated or even non-tracked :(

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Cherno wrote:Well yes I amde sure that all tokens are added to initiative, but as I wrote I can't even changed between non-tracked, condition track frame and fully automated tracking; It always defaults to condition track frame because the tracking frame plus the condition selection frame always open as soon as I advance the turn. If I click on the condition macro button, the same frames open, but no option to switch to fully automated or even non-tracked :(
Is the problem just that the condition window keeps opening? I keep the condition windows docked to one side.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Well, that would be a problem too if I wanted to go untracked but since I can't full automation to work I have to use the condition track anyway :|

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Just a quick bump in case someone knows the answer (why condition tracking switching doesn't work) since I have my next session coming up this friday ;)

Edit: I believe that the instructions are just wrong, from what I understand the FW does not support fully automated tracking at all.

Sn4tcH
Kobold

Post by Sn4tcH »

Just wondering, as I couldn't find an answer in the thread, how are immunities handled? Resistances and Vulnerabilities are simple to set up, but I can't figure out where immunities are hidden (assuming their even hidden).

ragarth
Kobold

Post by ragarth »

Hello,

My group just started using maptools for some gaming awesomeness, and we're currently playing through a campaign that we found online, made using the Slim framework.

What we've found is that if strict token ownership is enforced then players can't see NPC data, but the players can't see portraits either.

Is there a way to hide NPC data from players, but still show portraits? Would it also be possible to let all players see the data of the other players and just lock out NPC data?

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

If you allow one trait to be visible for both under the campaign properties than it will only show that trait.For example I created "Notes" property for both of the pc,npc tokens to be visible.Doing this will allow pcs to see all token portraits and a spot for notes.The only downfall to this is that notes is only used as the method and not a place to put noted because everyone will see the notes.I believe while under strict token ownership there is no way for Pcs to see there hit points,while not also seeing npc hit points.Players don't actually have hit points to talk about in a role play sense anyways,hence is why they made the bloodied state to illustrate when a player looks hurt enough to take some healing.I came across this situation with my players so I made a new state that showed near death so healers didn't feel like they would waste a full heal since they couldn't see hit points.The true solution to this is ROLE PLAY your character and the healer should know what to do.:)

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Sn4tcH wrote:Just wondering, as I couldn't find an answer in the thread, how are immunities handled? Resistances and Vulnerabilities are simple to set up, but I can't figure out where immunities are hidden (assuming their even hidden).
I am not sure if immunities are supported per se, but why not just put in a 999 as the corresponding resistance? :)

ianbleaker
Kobold

Post by ianbleaker »

Hello everyone! I'm not sure how many people still use this framework, but I've been using it recently and have come across a number (more than I'd like, honestly) of bugs. I have been squashing them and "improving" the framework, to my mind, and would love to share my work if anyone else wants/needs it.

Bugs fixed (that I can remember!):
  • - Made Attack and Damage tooltips on powers executed by NPCs not visible to players (still visible to GMs)
    - Fixed weird tooltip with recharge notifications
    - Added real info on recharge notification tooltip (what the d6 roll was and what you needed)
    - Fixed a bug where succeeding on a saving throw would bring up the condition trackers for players
    - Fixed bug where players that failed a passive check would see a list of commas
    - Made passive check output much easier to read and understand
If you have anything else that I may not have seen that you've been itching to get fixed, I could take a crack at it. In addition, if anyone wants the updated campaign file, let me know.
I know most everyone probably customizes and bug-fixes their own campaign files, but I figured I might as well offer in case anyone wants it. I also have individual fixed library macros in case there are some things that you want and some that you do not.

Let me know if you are interested! Thanks!

soulonfirexx
Kobold

Post by soulonfirexx »

I know it's been a while since anyone has posted in this but I am having a problem that no one else seems to be having. I am running Maptools 1.3.b87.

I have tried using the tokens supplied when first loading the Framework, creating my own, importing some from another campaign, everything. When I attack another token and it is supposed to take damage, the token that takes the damage's HP does not drop. Even on a fresh load of the Framework and using Hero and Villain tokens, they do not take damage. I talked to the person that is using it for their game and they said it worked automatically for them right from the get-go.

Loading any other type of framework, the damage is taken off of the token's HP automatically. This is the only one that doesn't. This is the Framework I'd like to use because it's simple and easy to use but still robust in its features. Is there anyone that can help with this? Please let me know if there is any other information that is needed.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Pretty fair bet you are doing something wrong if others are saying they aren't having trouble. What are the exact steps you are following? Do you get anything in the Chat window? Does the on-token damage macro work? For obvious reasons, I don't use this fw but your answers to these questions should allow others to give you a hand.

BTW, if it's "robust" then why did ianbleaker say "more than I'd like, honestly"? Are you using his fixed version?
soulonfirexx wrote:... easy to use but still robust in its features.
I like to think this applies to the MPB as well. As for "simple"? Well, it's as simple or complex as you care to make it. That's up to you. I know you registered on my site but did you read this page?
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

soulonfirexx
Kobold

Post by soulonfirexx »

StarMan wrote:Pretty fair bet you are doing something wrong if others are saying they aren't having trouble. What are the exact steps you are following? Do you get anything in the Chat window? Does the on-token damage macro work? For obvious reasons, I don't use this fw but your answers to these questions should allow others to give you a hand.

BTW, if it's "robust" then why did ianbleaker say "more than I'd like, honestly"? Are you using his fixed version?
soulonfirexx wrote:... easy to use but still robust in its features.
I like to think this applies to the MPB as well. As for "simple"? Well, it's as simple or complex as you care to make it. That's up to you. I know you registered on my site but did you read this page?
I downloaded the Framework from the OP, open up Maptools, click File > Open Campaign, select the newly downloaded campaign file and open. I get the default map and try to use an action on one of the tokens. I make sure it hits by giving it a +20 to hit, and see that the target token was not damaged.

Here is an image of the chat text showing a definite hit and damage, and the target token with full HP still - Image

I did register on your site and I looked around for a couple of minutes. I didn't read in-depth as you can tell by my last post, it was almost 2AM. I downloaded the "Full" version of Rumble's Framework but I will be giving yours another look through.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

soulonfirexx wrote:I know it's been a while since anyone has posted in this but I am having a problem that no one else seems to be having. I am running Maptools 1.3.b87.

I have tried using the tokens supplied when first loading the Framework, creating my own, importing some from another campaign, everything. When I attack another token and it is supposed to take damage, the token that takes the damage's HP does not drop. Even on a fresh load of the Framework and using Hero and Villain tokens, they do not take damage. I talked to the person that is using it for their game and they said it worked automatically for them right from the get-go.

Loading any other type of framework, the damage is taken off of the token's HP automatically. This is the only one that doesn't. This is the Framework I'd like to use because it's simple and easy to use but still robust in its features. Is there anyone that can help with this? Please let me know if there is any other information that is needed.
Hi Soulonfirexx,

This particular framework gives you the choice of automatically applying damage or not. I use it with that feature turned off myself. However you can turn it on by setting a property in one of the library tokens. I can't remember which one of the top of my head, but will look it up for you when I get the chance.

Alternatively you can look at the properties in the Lib:Tokens yourself, I seem to remember it being fairly obvious :)

cheers

soulonfirexx
Kobold

Post by soulonfirexx »

Thank you Jagged! I will look into it!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Its in the "Lib:4e" token and called, surprisingly enough, "AUTOMATE_DAMAGE" :)

Set the value to 1

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”