[Rumble 5.1.1] High Crit Weapon damage

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Deadolus
Giant

[Rumble 5.1.1] High Crit Weapon damage

Post by Deadolus »

Hello Rumble, et al.

I think I might have found a little bug. I have a token attacking with a High Crit Weapon. From what I can tell the framework is adding 1d12 damage on a critical hit. The weapon equipped does d12 damage. The issue I have is; the token/player is level 17, and should be getting an extra 2d12 (and 3d12 at Epic levels) on critical hits. I have checked at different levels, and this extra damage does not increase like it should.
High Crit wrote:A high crit weapon deals more damage when you score a critical hit with it. A critical hit deals maximum weapon damage and an extra 1[W] at 1st–10th levels, an extra 2[W] at 11th–20th levels, and an extra 3[W] at 21st–30th levels. This extra damage is in addition to any critical damage the weapon supplies if it is a magic weapon.
Below are a few outputs from powers after rolling a 20. I have marked what I assume is the High Crit damage, (when I turn off the High Crit indicator this goes away).
Spoiler
Tiamat Crit issues.PNG
Tiamat Crit issues.PNG (94.37 KiB) Viewed 9686 times
Have I done something wrong again, or is this a bug?

Thanks as always for the wonderful framework and support.

FYI: This is not "Tiamat"; Tiamat is just the name a co-player gave his Dragonborn Fighter cause he liked the name. :oops:

Ghiolekk
Giant

Re: [Rumble 5.1.1] High Crit Weapon damage

Post by Ghiolekk »

Deadolus wrote:
Have I done something wrong again, or is this a bug?

Thanks as always for the wonderful framework and support.

FYI: This is not "Tiamat"; Tiamat is just the name a co-player gave his Dragonborn Fighter cause he liked the name. :oops:
Nope u r right pal :)
My group hasn't reached paragon tier yet so I haven't noticed it.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

It's a bug; it seems that I totally missed the part of the D&D rules where high crit damage increased per tier, so the code only adds an extra W to the damage. Should be reasonably easy to fix.

Deadolus
Giant

Re: [Rumble 5.1.3] High Crit Weapon damage

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:It's a bug; it seems that I totally missed the part of the D&D rules where high crit damage increased per tier, so the code only adds an extra W to the damage. Should be reasonably easy to fix.
Was this fixed? I am still seeing 1d# on Critical with High Crit Weapons on paragon level tokens.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Fixed. Replace the macros getDamageAoe and getDamageNonAoe with the corresponding versions attached here.
Attachments
getDamageNonAoe.fix20110614.mtmacro
(998 Bytes) Downloaded 209 times
getDamageAoe.fix20110614.mtmacro
(1012 Bytes) Downloaded 210 times

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:Rumble
Deity
Gotta agree with the rank here.

Thank you! I'll test it tomorrow night and report back.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Deadolus wrote:
Rumble wrote:Rumble
Deity
Gotta agree with the rank here.

Thank you! I'll test it tomorrow night and report back.
Works great! Thanks again.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Dumb question: How do I go about replacing macros?

If I click the attached file, it asks me where to save it. I can't see a suitable location.

Edit: Figured it out. For those who are as clueless as me:

Download the fix files and save them somewhere obvious (like your desktop). Then find the macro group 'User-defined functions - Attack Handling' in the selection window of the Lib:4e token.

In the group, delete the existing getDamageAoe and getDamageNonAoe macros, then right click on a blank spot in the group. Choose 'import', then import each of the new macros from where you saved them. Once you're sure you've done it right (I recommend testing with a level 11 token with a high crit weapon), save your campaign file. Done!

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Rumble, are you maintaining a current (latest) version of the framework. I've notice a few bug fix macros appearing in various threads but I'm lost as to which I've added and those I've missed.

-- AidyBaby --
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

AidyBaby wrote:Rumble, are you maintaining a current (latest) version of the framework. I've notice a few bug fix macros appearing in various threads but I'm lost as to which I've added and those I've missed.

-- AidyBaby --
Not in an organized fashion. I think I uploaded the framework with the changes I just made to the download site, but I didn't change the number.

Note also that there's a whole thread of mods/changes also, which I'm not doing anything with.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

After replacing the macros, I'm now getting this error. It seems to only come up for close and area powers, so I assume it's something to do with the getDamageAoe macro.

Invalid condition in IF(matches(dcLine,".*OHCrit.*") && OHHighCrit == 1) roll option.       
Statement options (if any): if(matches(dcLine,".*OHCrit.*") && OHHighCrit == 1)       
Statement Body : dcLine = dcLine + "+" + ceiling(level/10)+"OHW"

Edit: After further testing, it's working fine with melee and ranged attacks, regardless of whether the powers are implement or weapon. It's throwing the error with close attacks regardless of whether they're implement or weapon. The only area attack I have to test it with is implement, and it throws the error.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Colmarr wrote:After replacing the macros, I'm now getting this error. It seems to only come up for close and area powers, so I assume it's something to do with the getDamageAoe macro.

Invalid condition in IF(matches(dcLine,".*OHCrit.*") && OHHighCrit == 1) roll option.       
Statement options (if any): if(matches(dcLine,".*OHCrit.*") && OHHighCrit == 1)       
Statement Body : dcLine = dcLine + "+" + ceiling(level/10)+"OHW"

Edit: After further testing, it's working fine with melee and ranged attacks, regardless of whether the powers are implement or weapon. It's throwing the error with close attacks regardless of whether they're implement or weapon. The only area attack I have to test it with is implement, and it throws the error.
It's a cut-and-paste error; the getDamageAoe macro uses the wrong variable name, it looks like (it uses "dcLine" when the variable should be "critD").

The fix is attached - give it a try. It is interesting that you get an invalid condition error, but I just got prompts for the value of dcLine.
Attachments
getDamageAoe.fix20110619.mtmacro
(1003 Bytes) Downloaded 213 times

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

That worked. Thanks

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”