DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

paracharlie
Kobold

Re: DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Post by paracharlie »

First I would like to say what an outstanding layout you created here. Thank you for your work that you did.
I have a question being new to using json arrays. I love the way the characteristics are setup but I am a little confused how to make a call to lets say Strength and get the value?
Lets say I made a property called TotalHitPoints and I wanted to take the value of Strength and populate TotalHitPoints. What would be the code to do that with this type of setup?

Answered already.

Code: Select all

[H: StrPlusCon = json.get(json.get(ability,0),1) + json.get(json.get(ability,1),1)]

Jaxom
Kobold

Post by Jaxom »

I'm running Maptool 1.3.b89 with Java 7 and an edited BAT file setup as discussed on the forum.

Everything runs fine except my macro windows are slightly too small (Healing Surge, Hit Points, Initiative, and Rest), see attached image.

Is this fixable by making the dialog box bigger with a setting somewhere within the Framework or even Maptool itself?

Thanks,
Attachments
Capture of Example "Hit Points" dialog box.
Capture of Example "Hit Points" dialog box.
MT Snip.PNG (47.01 KiB) Viewed 20223 times

MadJoker
Cave Troll

Post by MadJoker »

Jaxom wrote:I'm running Maptool 1.3.b89 with Java 7 and an edited BAT file setup as discussed on the forum.

Everything runs fine except my macro windows are slightly too small (Healing Surge, Hit Points, Initiative, and Rest), see attached image.

Is this fixable by making the dialog box bigger with a setting somewhere within the Framework or even Maptool itself?

Thanks,
Yes, this is very easily possible. On the Lib:Sheet token, there is a macro called "EntrySize". Just open it and you will see a list of all windows and their sizes.

Personally, I use

"Health", "185, 375",

Jaxom
Kobold

Post by Jaxom »

MadJoker wrote:
Jaxom wrote:I'm running Maptool 1.3.b89 with Java 7 and an edited BAT file setup as discussed on the forum.

Thanks,
Yes, this is very easily possible. On the Lib:Sheet token, there is a macro called "EntrySize". Just open it and you will see a list of all windows and their sizes.

Personally, I use

"Health", "185, 375",
Works perfectly. I knew I was missing something. Thanks MadJoker!

Rahlforge
Kobold

Post by Rahlforge »

Note about Marks (which is probably already buried somewhere in the 33 other pages I'm too lazy to read through): Marks also generally provide an immediate interrupt basic melee attack if the marked target is adjacent to the marking character and attempts to shift, or make an attack that doesn't include the marking character as a target. Easy fix...edit the Lib:Information "Mark:" macros and copy-paste the first set of <tr> tags to create a new row, then edit the second <td> content within that row to include the pertinent verbage (I won't provide the exact wording here, for the same reason Dev doesn't provide prebuilt powers). Also, make sure to set the appropriate bgcolor attribute for every other two <td> tags (to get the alternating gray rows in the dialog).

so something like:

<tr>
<td />
<td>Content</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="

" />
  <td bgcolor="[code here]">Content</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td />
  <td>Content</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <td bgcolor="[code here]"/>
  <td bgcolor="[code here]">Content</td>
</tr>

oggmosh
Cave Troll

Post by oggmosh »

Rahlforge wrote:Note about Marks (which is probably already buried somewhere in the 33 other pages I'm too lazy to read through): Marks also generally provide an immediate interrupt basic melee attack if the marked target is adjacent to the marking character and attempts to shift, or make an attack that doesn't include the marking character as a target. ...
Note for you, Rahlforge, that this is NOT inherent to a generic Mark, but rather it's a Fighter feature called Combat Superiority. A Mark from anyone who is not a fighter (eg Paladin, Swordmage, Warden etc) doesn't get this ability to make an interrupt MBA. So, while you can make the changes you suggested, they are not in line with the base rules of 4e.

oggmosh
Cave Troll

Post by oggmosh »

I've searched through the last 33 pages of comments, and can't find mention of this.

Extra damage isn't maximised on a crit, but it should be.

A power can have Weapon Damage and Bonus Damage listed. If there are dice expressions in the Bonus Damage box, they are evaluated normally when the power crits, rather than being maximised. If there are dice expressions in the Weapon Damage box, in addition to a [w] weapon dice expression, they are not evaluated on a hit or a crit.

Specific example:
Barbarian at-will power Howling Strike does(at level 14) 1[w] + 2d6 + Strength, and can be used on a charge. It can also be affected by, say, a Horned Helm which adds 2d6 bonus damage on a charge.
Creating this as a specific power, Howling Strike (Charge), causes issues.
If the entries are like this:
1.png
1.png (1.45 KiB) Viewed 20033 times
(that's 2d6+1d8+2d6 in the Bonus Damage box, it's got a few extra bonuses)
the power displays like this:
1a.png
1a.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 20033 times
the hit damage is calculated normally
the crit line looks like this:
2.png
2.png (5.27 KiB) Viewed 20033 times
If the entries are like this, with 1w+2d6+1d8+2d6 in the weapon damage box
3.png
3.png (1.42 KiB) Viewed 20033 times
the power displays like this, dropping the dice expressions
3a.png
3a.png (1.88 KiB) Viewed 20033 times
the hit damage is calculated as though the extra dice expressions aren't there
4.png
4.png (5.33 KiB) Viewed 20033 times
the crit is calculated as though they are not there
5.png
5.png (5.78 KiB) Viewed 20033 times
but they are still saved with the power.

The way bonus damage SHOULD be calculated is that when you crit, bonus damage dice should be maximised in just the same way that weapon damage dice are maximised, so the crit should end up being
<< DamageDice + PowerDamage + WeaponDamage + DamageMods + CriticalDamage = 1d10(10)+ 5 + 7 + 2d6+1d8+2d6(32)+4d8+6(random)=60+4d8 >>

Also, if there are extra dice expressions in the DamageDice box, they shouldn't be discarded if there is a [w] expression in there!

Anyone got any insight or help here? Seems like it would be a fair bit of digging through the attack power macros to fix this :(

TheShadow
Kobold

Post by TheShadow »

Hey, hate to rain on you parade up the hill in the snow but...
The options button on the front stats page is not working. I didn't know that it did anything so I had not used it. Anyway, after reading the mini forum, it realize that is how you are suppose to change the Str-Cha stats right? Well as I said it doesn't work and I was going through "Edit Token" and going down to the correct spot. It allows 3 numbers (I believe) but the 2nd number always replaces the 3rd when you go back to the character sheet. So if you enter [Dexterity, 21, 5, 2,] it has "Dexterity=21 Mod=5 1/2 lvl=5. Is that what it is suppose to do? Also, what is the number that carries over to the Skills? I changed a 0 to a 2 in Charisma and all the stats (including un-charisma related ones) jumped forward 2. These are some big issues so PLLEEEEAAASSSSEEEEE fix, or tell me how stupid I am and point me where to go. :lol:

Love your work btw, its great

TheShadow
Kobold

Post by TheShadow »

Oh, And what is the recommended stack size for this. I'm running multiple things but they are not working unless at stack 10 :x and I'm trying to figure out what is taking up so much

engelrie
Kobold

Post by engelrie »

Is there anyone still watching this thread that could maybe answer some questions for me?

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Holy feces. Someone still uses this?! My day is complete... I can maybe answer a question. Depends how hard it is...

engelrie
Kobold

Post by engelrie »

Indeed! I still appreciate and use your framework!

My questions are few so I'll start with this one, when copy a ritual from one character to another I get the following error. If you could tell what the heck is wrong I would appreciate it vastly.
 Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H, if(listContains(DNT_SpecialType, "Pages") > 0), CODE       Statement Body : {[R, macro("PageCount@Lib:Sheet"): json.set(macro.args, "Slot", "New", "Level", json.get(DNT_Entry, "Level"))]}

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Ooof, I may not be able to answer that... From a quick look at just the macro code, the problem is going to be in the copy & give entry macro or the pagecount macro which calculates how many pages the ritual should take up. Missing the level of the ritual might get it to toss that error, or if it's missing the amount (though being the GM should bypass that last one). It's possibly an error somewhere in the json array for rituals on the token, or possibly permissions. Does it happen on all tokens with all rituals or is it just 1 token or 1 ritual?

engelrie
Kobold

Post by engelrie »

All tokens, rituals to books, but not rituals to scrolls.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”