DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

PinkRose
Dragon

Re: DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Post by PinkRose »

I found a new one.

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression setProperty("DNA_ActionPointDesc", ConvertHTML(json.get(macro.args, "Desc"), 1).
When I tried to input info into the Action Points Info section.
I am a special snowflake!

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Thanks, DN. I actually figured that out on my own, and edited my post on here to say so, but the forum appears to have eaten it. :shock: But yes, changing the macro in the manner you suggested worked. It looks like those little omitted bits were the reason it wasn't working. I was able to reintroduce 3E alignments without a bit of complaint from the framework once that was fixed up.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

When you add a condition to a power on an item, the Condition Window has the titles all off-kiltered. Duration is over top of the damage input and Damage is over the Saving Throw and Save Modifier is floating on its own.

Condition                      Duration  Damage  Save Modifier
AND, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the Notes and damage and durations don't show up on the Conditions, once the item is built.

misskaly
Kobold

Post by misskaly »

This looks really great. Thank you for putting so much time and effort into making this for our community! It really is awesome. :)
RPGA#: 5223846385
Skype id: misskaly
Character: Shanariel (H1 Eladrin Seeker)
In an Adventuring Company with Azoth (Zolduran) and Velok (Killersquirelz).

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Bug or Working as Intended?

Powers that used Ranged: Weapons don't show the range anywhere.
Not on the Sheet, nor in the Info.
Not until I click my weapon do I see the range.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:Bug or Working as Intended?

Powers that used Ranged: Weapons don't show the range anywhere.
Not on the Sheet, nor in the Info.
Not until I click my weapon do I see the range.
That's... uh... working as intended... More accurately, it's not something I thought about. I knew that the Reach detection got nixed when I simplified the Range line formating, but I hadn't given any thought to ranged weapons.

Since I already had things pulled up for fixing the latest rounds of bugs I took a look at how I have Ranges stored and I think I see something that can be done. It shouldn't be too hard to add an extra entry to the JSON array that links to a Powers Range and add an entry that can be used to detect if if it should read out a weapons range or reach. This would also allow me to turn on more advanced detection on if the Powers distance or area entries needs to be suppressed as well.

I can likely do that pretty quickly, and I've got most of the bugs fixed, but I won't be able to post things till likely sometime tomorrow.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Nothing game shattering so far, so all-in-all, good release.

Another bug:
When entering a power, there are 2 check boxes, one for Requirements: List, and one for Trigger: List. If you have one checked they both display. No matter which one you have checked.
It might be intended, but I don't need to know that a light blade is required for every Rogue attack.
If I have 2 check boxes, that should give me 4 options. (all, none, one or the other)

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Another one.

java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression if(DNT_PrepareState = 1, "prepare", "unprepare")
Happens when I select the open diamond of a Prepareable spell.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:Another one.

java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression if(DNT_PrepareState = 1, "prepare", "unprepare")
Happens when I select the open diamond of a Prepareable spell.
This looks to be fixed in the final, though possibly not the preview version I sent you. Edit the macro on Lib:Sheet in the Power Group called PreparePower. Down at the bottom you'll see that line. Change it from DNT_PrepareState = 1 to DNT_PrepareState == 1. That will fix it. Or just DL the final version :P

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Noticed both a bug and a typo. Minion XP seems to be calculating wrong. It's dividing by four twice. For instance, a level 1 minion (worth 25 XP; 100/4=25) is shown as being worth 6.25 (25/4=6.25).
Edit: Well, okay, level 2 minions are coming out as 12.5, which is still wrong but doesn't quite seem to be what my formula there would predict, so I'm not sure what's going on.

As for typos. Besides the omitted apostrophe in the list of condition-ending... conditions, still being there, I noticed something while editing an NPC. The fields in the "Passive Bonus" box list "Passive" and "Insight". I take it "Passive" should be "Perception" there? Freudian slip, I figure. Happens to everyone.

Also, I'm unsure if monster XP values should include decimals. By the rules as written I don't think you can have fractional XP. But then again it's not like you can't ignore it, so removing that would just be an optional "polish" thing, I think.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:Typo notice. Besides the omitted apostrophe in the list of condition-ending... conditions, still being there, I noticed something while editing an NPC. The fields in the "Passive Bonus" box list "Passive" and "Insight". I take it "Passive" should be "Perception" there? Freudian slip, I figure. Happens to everyone.
Where is the omitted apostrophe? I'll fix the Passive Passive, it was likely a case of them both beginning with P and my brain just filling it in without actually reading it.
Also, I'm unsure if monster XP values should include decimals. I don't think you can have a fractional experience point in the rules as written, but it's also not like you can't just ignore those. What I'm less sure of is why it's reporting a level 1 minion as being worth 6.25 XP. It looks like somehow it's taken the already quartered XP value (100/4=25) and quartered it a second time.
Whoa... yeah sounds like I'm missing a floor() in there and I flubbed the formula when I pulled out the XP calculation modifier and stuck it in the character type array.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

It's on "targets" in the dropdown of conditions the condition can end on. Should be "target's", on both occurrences of the word. And wow, you are scarily fast with replies. You caught me with my post-editing drawers down yet again. I'm going to have to start proofreading more carefully before I hit submit!
Say, do you think characters should have a "default" power container, by the way, kinda like they have a "default" equipment container (Backpack)?

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Post by Wind_Dragon »

I don't have anything new to add...

Just a bit of praise. This new build is totally amazing. Great work!!

I've had some trouble with updating some tokens from 4th to 5th, but using the partial updaters works for me. I update what I can then fill in the holes. Saves a whole lot of time since I have something like 85 units to update.

Thanks for all your hard work!

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:It's on "targets" in the dropdown of conditions the condition can end on. Should be "target's", on both occurrences of the word. And wow, you are scarily fast with replies. You caught me with my post-editing drawers down yet again. I'm going to have to start proofreading more carefully before I hit submit!
Say, do you think characters should have a "default" power container, by the way, kinda like they have a "default" equipment container (Backpack)?
Characters don't have a default container. Converted characters do, but converted characters should have their same power groups as well.

To make one a default requires adding and adjusting a few properties. 1st you'd need to add a default number to the DNA_PowerGroupIndex or DNA_BagIndex. Don't use 0 as I tend to treat it as a null or default group and while I don't think I use Bag0 or PowerGroup0 for anything it's best not to muck with those, so use something like 1.Then you need to add a DNA_PowerGroup1 (or DNA_Bag1) property and give it a json object of {"Name": "WHATEVER"}. Everything else thing should work normally from there.

BTW, there is a third property that you don't need to add but I figured I'll share. There is also a DNA_PowerGroupIndex# and a DNA_BagIndex# that then contains an index of all the things in it. Wiping this one would be what takes out all your equipment. Deleting the DNA_PowerGroup1 or DNA_Bag1 would simply cause a JSON read error and failure to display the page, though all the items would still be indexed.

Biggest drawback, which is already there in the first place due to the group indexes being default properties as opposed to somewhat hidden behind getProperty(), is that accidentally wiping them will at best wipe out your inventory or powers or at worse screw up the sheet so that section won't load. As you can probably tell, I really want to hide as many properties as possible. Maybe I'll try and run some speed tests and see if getProperty() breaks down as fast as a raw property read and if so start moving as many of properties that are indexes off the list as I can. Savvy folks could still access them with get and setProperty, but that requires intentionally invoking a complex command and isn't as prone to click-click-whoops!

The alternative, and what I do, is just build a blank token. It already has the Trait/Standard/Move/Minor/Interrupt groups and I drop it in and then put pictures on it before doing up it's stats. However, I might even abandon the groups as with being able to order the list together with the action icon gives me a pretty quick view of what to do and takes up less space.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

I thought the groups were going to be a great help, but having the icons and the ability to reorder them is better for me because it takes up less real estate.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”