DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

PinkRose
Dragon

Re: DN's D&D4e Character Sheet Framework

Post by PinkRose »

Working as intended?

When I click the power "Inspiring Word" an encounter power that can be used 2 times an encounter, it doesn't refresh the page.
It still says 2/2. If I do it again, it says 2/2, if I do it a 3rd time, the sheet still says 2/2, but chat says (That power has already been used)
Shouldn't it refresh the sheet just like any other power?
I am a special snowflake!

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

mrflippy wrote:But Dwarf NPC's AC is 36, so the attack should have missed.
That's because the code does not check target defenses, you have to determine if any given attack hit or missed on your own. I just provide tools to determine the dice rolls and a way to quickly apply the damage to the tokens. 1's show as misses because per 4e rules 1's always miss. Note that a miss still rolls damage that can still be applied, so even that's not absolute.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:Two rather trivial issues. One, when you spend more power points than you have, the chat output spells "augment" as "augement". Also, for some reason, on a new PC token I created, the value of items owned by the character is always appended with "0gp". If I set it to "500 gp", it comes out "500 gp0gp", for example. I am, unless there is some insidious conspiracy afoot (or I have truly outdone myself in overlooking things), using the latest tokens, campaign properties and macros.
Also, is there still a way to set a certain option to default to a specific choice for all tokens? I liked having "Dying + Prone" set for all tokens before, and I can't yet figure out how to set that up in this version. Assuming I'm not delusional in remembering that you could in the previous major version. It was in campaign properties, IIRC?
I'll fix augment today while I chase down the bag bug and do a few other things.

The money thing... I made a change to append go to costs because I got tired of typing in gp. I could switch it back; it's trivial to modify as I'm pretty sure it takes place on display and isn't actually stored that way.

As for default properties... yes to the token specific ones, no to the user specific (as they're stored in custom properties made by appending the users name). The token ones are just not in the campaign properties default list. Blank entries are the default values and here's the props for the various custom token options

DNA_RechargeType = 1 for single roll
DNA_ApplyDamageStates = 1 for dying + prone, 2 for no applying states
DNA_OnDying = Object, GM, Background
DNA_OnDeath = Object, GM, Background

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:Working as intended?

When I click the power "Inspiring Word" an encounter power that can be used 2 times an encounter, it doesn't refresh the page.
It still says 2/2. If I do it again, it says 2/2, if I do it a 3rd time, the sheet still says 2/2, but chat says (That power has already been used)
Nope. Something tis broken. I'll take a look at.

mrflippy
Kobold

Post by mrflippy »

DeviantNull wrote:
mrflippy wrote:But Dwarf NPC's AC is 36, so the attack should have missed.
That's because the code does not check target defenses, you have to determine if any given attack hit or missed on your own. I just provide tools to determine the dice rolls and a way to quickly apply the damage to the tokens. 1's show as misses because per 4e rules 1's always miss. Note that a miss still rolls damage that can still be applied, so even that's not absolute.
Ok, that makes sense. It just wasn't clear what was happening.

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Post by Wind_Dragon »

Venatius wrote:Two rather trivial issues. One, when you spend more power points than you have, the chat output spells "augment" as "augement". Also, for some reason, on a new PC token I created, the value of items owned by the character is always appended with "0gp". If I set it to "500 gp", it comes out "500 gp0gp", for example. I am, unless there is some insidious conspiracy afoot (or I have truly outdone myself in overlooking things), using the latest tokens, campaign properties and macros.
Also, is there still a way to set a certain option to default to a specific choice for all tokens? I liked having "Dying + Prone" set for all tokens before, and I can't yet figure out how to set that up in this version. Assuming I'm not delusional in remembering that you could in the previous major version. It was in campaign properties, IIRC?
Simply put: if you type in '500gp' it will show as '500gp0gp' in the character sheet.
if you type in '500' it will show as '500gp' in the character sheet.
Just drop the gp. It is another one of those sneaky automations. I discovered it 'by accident'.

DN I say leave it in, it's a nice little automation, and I assume it makes calculations easier?

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Wind_Dragon wrote:DN I say leave it in, it's a nice little automation, and I assume it makes calculations easier?
Well cost doesn't get used for anything by the code, I just got tired of typing in GP. Everything in 4e seems to have its costs listed in GP so putting in sp or cp seems silly. However, hypothetically speaking, if they were all numbers then one could do something like the following if you wanted to total up the total GP worth of a character:

[H: TotalWorth = 0]
[H, forEach(Slot, DNA_ItemIndex): TotalWorth = TotalWorth + json.get(getProperty("DNA_Item" + Slot), "Cost")]
[TotalWorth]

I just haven't put something like that in cause there didn't seem to be a need for it. Though it could provide a GM a good idea who is lagging behind item wise.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

DeviantNull wrote:
PinkRose wrote:Working as intended?

Nope. Something tis broken. I'll take a look at.
And I'm looking into this and it seems to work a-ok on my version. I make an encounter (or daily) power, I give it a Uses of 2, and when I use it the Use counter on the sheet decreases and when it hits zero it strikes it out. Not sure why yours isn't working. You modify the PowerUsageTypes macro/property at all? Might need to send me the token or campaign file in a PM to have me take a look at unless someone else can collaborate the error or point out exactly what makes it not work.

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Post by Wind_Dragon »

I agree. I have been using Healing Word which was created using the updater from a version 4 character and it's working fine. I just tried creating Inspiring word and it is working fine too.

You are using b73 or b74 of Maptools correct?

Wind_Dragon
Kobold

Post by Wind_Dragon »

DeviantNull wrote:As for default properties... yes to the token specific ones, no to the user specific (as they're stored in custom properties made by appending the users name). The token ones are just not in the campaign properties default list. Blank entries are the default values and here's the props for the various custom token options

DNA_RechargeType = 1 for single roll
DNA_ApplyDamageStates = 1 for dying + prone, 2 for no applying states
DNA_OnDying = Object, GM, Background
DNA_OnDeath = Object, GM, Background
Very helpful - thanks!

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Here's an odd quirk of the Framework.
If you select a token, with oh, say Inspiring Word power.
Then you click off of it, selecting no target.
You can then run the power, it will show up in the chat, but the character sheet won't refresh. If you run it twice, more, Chat will show it all used up, yet the sheet will not be updated.

Summary: It will probably never happen to you, so don't worry about it, but you can run a power and have it not update.
I am a special snowflake!

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

More writing nitpick: I notice characters also still cease to "weild" weapons when you unequip them. This typo has been around for so long I almost feel like it's a bit of a historical loss to see it go. Also, it appears you can use implements in your off-hand even if they lack the keyword, which the rules and instructions on the first page of the thread seem to imply should not be how they work. The instructions also say you can only equip offhand shields in the off-hand as well, but I don't think shields technically can have that keyword (in the rules, I mean).
I fully understand and even agree with the thing with auto-appending GP, by the way, but why append 0?
Last edited by Venatius on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

PinkRose wrote:Here's an odd quirk of the Framework.

Summary: It will probably never happen to you, so don't worry about it, but you can run a power and have it not update.
Not really a quirk, that was a bug. The sheet reloading function wasn't pushing through a forced reload and thus it wouldn't force a refresh if the token wasn't selected. That's a pretty big bug given that it was in the power execution code and possibly one of the more common situations where you're likely to not have a token selected.

I fixed it. Had to fix PowerUseCheck anyways to fix the Augment spelling and PowerUseAttacks since they weren't adding in the static attack modifiers. This is what I've got so far and together with all the previous fixes I'll put together a 5-1 version and upload tomorrow. To update should be as simple as dropping in the new Lib tokens, no real changes to the Properties unless you don't have Properties file I posted that has the new Health Bars, and you only need those if you were wanting to use them.

*Fixed* giving a bag to yourself breaks equipment display
macros: GiveGroupEdit@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* Magic Item not having recharge for item powers greater then 1
macros: ItemPowerStats@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* Ritual Book entry using ritual and not item color code
macros: PageRituals@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* Group management code not removing subpage entries from users
macros: BagEdit@Lib:Sheet, RitualBookEdit@Lib:Sheet, GiveGroupEdit@Lib:Sheet
*Fixed* Augment spelled Augement in chat from Power Point usage
macros: PowerUseCheck@Lib:Execute
*Fixed* Power & Item attacks not adding in conditional attack modifiers
macros: PowerUseAttacks@Lib:Execute, ItemUseAttack@Lib:Execute
*Fixed* Power usage not refreshing the character if a token was not selected at execution
macros: PowerUseCheck@Lib:Execute

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Venatius wrote:More writing nitpick: I notice characters also still cease to "weild" weapons when you unequip them. This typo has been around for so long I almost feel like it's a bit of a historical loss to see it go. Also, it appears you can use implements in your off-hand even if they lack the keyword, which the rules and instructions on the first page of the thread seem to imply should not be how they work. The instructions also say you can only equip offhand shields in the off-hand as well, but I don't think shields technically can have that keyword (in the rules, I mean).
Argh! I'll get weild before I do a 5-1. Heh... maybe I should change the Equip button label to "Weild".

Implements check for Implement and not off hand, just being an Implement should be enough to make it off hand eligible, I'm pretty sure that's 4e cannon. That way you don't have to check off hand for things like wands or what not. Shields similarly override the off hand check and just being item type Shield is what qualifies it.

So the break down for qualifying is:
Is Off Hand checked? If so, you can equip it.
Is Implement checked? If so, you can equip it.
Is it a Shield? If so, you can equip it.

Two-Handed weapons and Versatile weapons wielded 2-handed override any off-hand selection.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

DeviantNull wrote: Argh! I'll get weild before I do a 5-1. Heh... maybe I should change the Equip button label to "Weild".
Oh, do it, definitely do it. :mrgreen: I think you're right about implements, by the way. The wording in the instructions just seems to imply that you need an "off-hand shield" for it to go into your off-hand, which shields don't actually need. I mainly brought that up as something to just consider re-wording. Also, you caught me while adding an afterthought to my post again. Adding GP to costs I get, but why "0gp"? Typo or intentional?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”