Veggiesama's Framework (D&D 4e) -- Old Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Zalarian
Cave Troll

Re: Veggiesama's Framework (D&D 4e)

Post by Zalarian »

Woot! I converted a token and the first time I didn't impersonate it so it didn't work...but after that it worked. I just want to make sure of a few things as well as post some comments for my initial look.

1. With respect to converting, the only place I saw to do this was in the forum thread...I recommend adding instructions somewhere on the campaign file for this as well as on the veggie token under Notes or GM notes. It may be a good idea to list on the OK cancel button to make sure token is impersonated if that is needed.
2. The notes on the Veggie token appear to be light and aura information.
Veggiesama wrote:CHANGE LOG:

Code: Select all

- added: initiative rolls have decimals for tiebreaking (props to Zalarian)
I can't really take credit for the decimal logic...someone else actually did the updating of the code to do that and I just made sure I updated both frameworks with similar logic.

Veggiesama wrote:

- added: initiative rolls autosort after each roll
As far as autosorting, I think in theory that is a good idea, but in practice it can cause issues. For example, suppose someone or something joins the fight and folks have readied or delayed to change their initiative...their init spot would be altered back to their initial roll.

5. I noticed a visual thing depending on the setting under preferences\Interactions for Use Tooltips for inline rolls (The first line when unchecked and the second line is when checked). I believe that this option can be overridden when the server is started.
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (40.88 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
6. Finally, I noticed that converting tokens can pretty comprehensive when you have an existing campaign file with lots of booguns. Is the 2.15 version completely compatible with the new properties and lib token to the best of your knowledge?

I am definitely looking forward to using this.
Hybrid File
LFR Roster
LFR Roster:
P2 Zerin Stargazer / P2 Crymisil Silvershroud / E1 Llendil R'uthgalad Nelath
P3 Maddox "Mongoose" / P2 Vargaz / H3 Soulherder Vanya Mythseeker
E1 Kyla Marillion / H2 Ender/ P1 Locknar the Red of the Blue Order/ P3 Corinth Enilef
H3 Korben Airspur / H1 Alif Fluidsmith / H3 Navarre
Skype ID:Zalarian
I have no issues playing low

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Thank you for the feedback, Zalarian. The update code was rushed last night, and I'm afraid it's not as dummy-proof as I would have liked it to be (just dummy-written). I am working on it.

AFAIK, all v2.1/2.15 tokens and power macros will continue to work in v2.3 (except for Macros using the "Apply State to Targets" option, since Associated States are much better). There is no need to update previous NPC tokens unless you want it to benefit from the new changes. If anyone finds a v2.1 macro that does <b>not</b> work in v2.3, please let me see your token!

And thanks for catching the Inline Rolls bug. Forgot about that, since I always leave the Tooltip option on.
My D&D 4e Campaign FrameworkMy Shadowrun 4e Campaign Framework
RPGA#: 5223846427 — Skype: Veggiesama — Fear the ferret.

zheron
Kobold

Post by zheron »

Totally happy as heck to have you back to working on the framework Veggie. Just wanted you to know we really appreciate it. And kudos to making it more compatible with the DN/Hybrid framework.
Characters:
Thorfin Stormhammer - 9 Dwarven Avenger (Granite War Machine)
Delroth Blackbow - 8 Elven Ranger (Legion)
Shava - 3 Elven Seeker (Legion)
Rodmennar - 2 Wilden Shaman (Legion)
RPGA# 2223757224 - Herald GM
I Vote Party Appropriate

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Hoping I didn't rush this out too quickly. I am in the process of rewriting the documentation, so possibly by tomorrow I'll have another build with more in-game tips and minor bugfixes. Too sleepy now though... *snore*

EDIT: The ADVANCED section on the first page of this thread has been updated. See the new stuff about Custom Campaign properties, Custom Code, Custom Targets, and new Custom Code Functions. Even if you would not customarily do such a thing.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Fixed the problems Zalarian mentioned and added some better in-campaign documentation. Don't forget to check out the updated documentation on the first page of this thread.

Download

To update from 2.3 to 2.31, you just need to replace the Lib:Veg token.

v2.31
-----
- added: helpful clicky icons on the starter map
- added: Initiative dialog now has checkbox for auto-sorting the list after the roll
- added: more useful links in character sheet / power creator
- fixbug: Associated states now looks correct with "Use Tooltips for Inline Rolls" unchecked
- changed: modified sample ranger beast companion to be an NPC

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Added some recommended drop-in resources to the second post on the first page, including:

Plo's Inventory Manager: Gives players full control of their characters' inventory, containers, item weights, and money.
Plo's Message Manager: Allows GMs to store and send canned descriptions to any number of players.
Rumble's SpeakForMe: Allows GMs to speak as multiple tokens without having to constantly impersonate each one.
Lindsay's Generic Tools: Several tools that make whispering, moving tokens between maps, and showing handouts easier for GMs and players.
Last edited by Veggiesama on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Veggie, you may want to take a look at Wolph42's automatic teleporter that is for B74 and up and possibly include that. Also, could you see about changing the way weapons work so they are more modular? By that I mean take a look at Lindsay's 3.5/Pathfinder FW and see how he handles conditions and spells.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Re: Veggiesama's Framework (D&D 4e) -- Old Discussion

Post by Veggiesama »

We got a new subforum for D&D 4e frameworks, so all my framework stuff has been moved there and split up into multiple threads. I am locking this thread. Please post new ideas, suggestions, and bug reports in the D&D 4e Frameworks forum.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”