veg 2.33 bug - display flavor text / hit etc.

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

paulstrait
Dragon

veg 2.33 bug - display flavor text / hit etc.

Post by paulstrait »

I found an odd bug. If you create a power, and tell it to display the 'hit' field, it works fine. But then, if you load that power and use it to create a new power, and on the new power you tell it to display the 'flavor text' and you uncheck the 'display hit' field, it will still display the hit and not the flavor text, even though the power appears to be right when you load it.

paul

paulstrait
Dragon

Re: veg 2.33 bug - display flavor text / hit etc.

Post by paulstrait »

One other thing with the hit row-- not a bug, but an annoyance that could probably be fixed:

Suppose a power does d10+5 points of damage, and also imposes the dazed state. If I type ", and the target is dazed (save ends)." into the hit field, the power display is correct, but if I tell the power to display the hit row in the chat window, it looks like this: "Hit: And the target is dazed (save ends)." That looks weird... I'd rather it display in one of two ways, either " -- 12 damage, and the target is dazed (save ends)." or "Hit: The target is dazed (save ends)." To get the latter, I can type into the 'hit' row "The target is dazed (save ends)." But if I do that, when I display the power, it looks like this: "Hit: d10 + 5 damage The target is dazed (save ends)."

Now obviously, this is super minor and shouldn't be high on the list of priorities-- I just wanted to point it out in case it is easy to alter.

Thanks again for the new framework, it is awesome.

Paul

Veggiesama
Dragon

Re: veg 2.33 bug - display flavor text / hit etc.

Post by Veggiesama »

paulstrait wrote:I found an odd bug. If you create a power, and tell it to display the 'hit' field, it works fine. But then, if you load that power and use it to create a new power, and on the new power you tell it to display the 'flavor text' and you uncheck the 'display hit' field, it will still display the hit and not the flavor text, even though the power appears to be right when you load it.
Hey Paul. Can't seem to get replicate this. Can you post an example .rptoken with this problem?
paulstrait wrote:I'd rather it display in one of two ways, either " -- 12 damage, and the target is dazed (save ends)."
I think I'd like that better too, but I think laziness triumphed over my plan to restructure some of the code to make it work like that. I will work on updating changing it.
paulstrait wrote:Thanks again for the new framework, it is awesome.
Thanks for the input. =P
My D&D 4e Campaign FrameworkMy Shadowrun 4e Campaign Framework
RPGA#: 5223846427 — Skype: Veggiesama — Fear the ferret.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”