Veggiesama's Framework (D&D 4e) -- Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

DDK
Cave Troll

Re: Veggiesama's Framework (D&D 4e) -- Discussion

Post by DDK »

In the Custom Code section, there is a way to make ONLY the result of the calculation within brackets appear in the chat window but I can't for the life of me remember the code for it.

Hidden Voice
Kobold

Post by Hidden Voice »

Hi, I have a problem with the framework. It says in the description something along the lines of "when you click on a pc you will see some colourful macros..." and so on. I don't see any colourful macros. I am currently using 1.3b86. Am I doing something wrong? :?

Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

"when you click on a pc you will see some colourful macros..."

should read: if you have the selected window open (go to the top left of the program and select window - ensure Selected is ticked). In the Selection window "when you click on a pc you will see some colourful macros..."

Steampunk Knight
Kobold

Post by Steampunk Knight »

Is there a feature/setting in the framework that allows it to display hit or miss on the players side of combat in the same fashion it does for a DM? Does the coding need to be changed, if so where and what needs to be done?

Curtis
Kobold

VEGv2.34

Post by Curtis »

I was told that there was post made to my question, but I can not find it. I am a new member so don't know where to look for the answer. :)
Is there anywhere where I can find definitions to the variables(keywords) like

PowerNum
actiontype
attacktype
chk_attack
repetitions

I want to write some macros for my characters, but need the defininations so I can figure out what informaion is needed.

TIA email address is [email protected]

Curtis Steinhour

RSinfar
Kobold

Post by RSinfar »

I don't know if this is included in the guide for upgrading another campaign, but I was having an issue with some macros from Veg:Lib not registering as existing. After saving and restarting the program they registered. Just in case anyone else ever has that issue.

Mizpah
Kobold

Fumbles + CustomCode & pet tokens ?

Post by Mizpah »

Hi Folks,

Firstly I hope this in the right place - I guess these questions straddle the line between veggie's and maptool!

This is my second experience of using MT and Veggie, as a player - unfortunately the character I am now playing is giving me a bunch of additional questions and requests from the GM!

Firstly I am using Veg 2.34 and MT 1.3b87.

How can I adding Fumble notifications to normal attacks ?

Currntly, on any attack roll a crit is clearly marked. However where how would I add fumble notifications ? I have looked at the lib:veg token and I cant clearly see where how to add it in! (not the fumble results, just a clear word 'fumble: (die roll)' (when the attack die rolls a natural '1') in the same way that crits happen on a natural 20.

Extra 'companion' tokens under my control:

A) I have a hybrid Druid/Shamen (Hengeyoki), with a Fey Beast theme. This means I can have up to 3 creatures under my control (druid companion, spirit companion, and fey beast companion - alongside my token). If I give each a seperate (NPC or PC ?) token, it possible to make a seperate 'summon' macro for each one, that would effectively hide/unhide the token in question ? Ideally I would like them invisable to all (including GM, so its not cluttering his screen) untill I summon them (for bonus points I would like to expend a healing surge from Gwenk (my token) when I summon them (from my main token).

B) What is the best strategy for tracking the health & stats of the fey and the druid companion ? I am considering making them all NPC tokens, so I can use the + / - health, if so I need to try to work out how to get thier health to reflect thier various abilitys (like my bloodied value = thier health) -- is it possible to set a value on the character sheet of one token with value from another as opposed to hard coding them ??

Managing pet attacks & Adding fumbles to custom code ?

Currently all of three pets get an instinctive attack if I dont expend a standard action on them. The way they move is controlled by the GM, and as a house rule, they attack for half health. To manage this I have created an two attacks on each pet token, one for full damage, and one for half damage that rounds down. These are then triggered by my character with [R: UsePetAttack('wolf','instinctive bite')] [R: UsePetAttack('pet2','another bite')] etc

How can I:

A) Include crit and fumble notifications in these abilities ?
B) Use stats from my PC token, in these skills -- for example my druid wolf want to use MY ability modifiers in its attack somthing like this in custom code: 'Wolf bites instinctively for [t: floor(1d6 +MyConBonus +MyWisBonus)/2] damage.'

Many Thanks in advance!

Mizpah

PS: I have just had a new request -- I can have 3 or 4 tokens with different stacking aura's - the players dont want to see the aura boxes (as there are so many) however is it possible to create a macro that when pushed outputs to screen who is being effected by what ? Something like: 'joe and npc1 are effected by 'x'. Nobody is effected by 'y'. joe is effected by 'z' -- where X,Y and Z are the auras in question ?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I changed some stuff in Veggiesama's 2.34 campaign to work with the Adventure Time Campaign Setting. If anyone wants a copy, let me know.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Formion
Kobold

Post by Formion »

Hey.

I've been using Veggie's for the past 16 months straight and started accumulating a huge number of monster tokens.

So I decided to standardize the way they are built and upload them for anyone interested.

So far I have uploaded:

- Chromatic Dragons all colors (white, black, red, blue, purple, gray, green, brown) of all for ages (young, adult, elder, ancient)

- Duergar (all published in books/magazines)

- Devils (not exhaustive, but most of Monster Manual 1 and 2)

- Orcs (most have been published in books/magazines, but there is a deleveled Orc Chieftain in there as well)

- Goblins (Monster Manual 1)

- Hobgoblins (Monster Manual 1 and 2, as well as plenty leveled up and deleveled from there - the campaign I am running involved them heavily - as well as some custom)

- Bugbears (Monster Manual 1)

- Barghests (Monster Manual 2)

All tokens also have the relevant knowledge checks on them as well as any relevant information about them (type/size/equipment) (right-click and Edit on the fist tab "GM Notes" to see them)

And to top it off, any monster token using ammunition also has an ammunition count that works automatically.

Anyone interested should check them out here.

ronsson
Kobold

Post by ronsson »

Hey nice! Are such tokens specific to Veggiesamas or can they be used in another framework?

Formion
Kobold

Post by Formion »

ronsson wrote:Hey nice! Are such tokens specific to Veggiesamas or can they be used in another framework?

To the best of my knowledge these can be used in Veggie's as well as any hybrid framework that uses Veggie's/ I know for a fact that they work on one that combines Veggie's and DeviantNull.

Beyond that, I believe all that would be required for them to work is to drop Veg2.34_LibraryToken.rptok anywhere in the campaign file for them to run.

I've also just put up several kobolds and sometime during the next week drakes and behemoths will be up.

DanMathMan
Cave Troll

Post by DanMathMan »

I was just testing out the b89 maptools. I was using some tokens developed with your framework. When I tested a macros that had custom codes, the other lines of text repeated. (The effect line and other lines) An example of one such macro is in the spoiler tab below. I didn't get the extra spaces, but I did get all that repetition.

EDIT other macros worked fine.
Spoiler
  Iron Soul Flurry of Blows  

Effect: In addition to the damage, the target cannot shift until the end of my next turn. If the target was not a target of the triggering attack, it also cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of my turn.

Damage:  

Effect: In addition to the damage, the target cannot shift until the end of my next turn. If the target was not a target of the triggering attack, it also cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of my turn.

Damage:  

Damage:

Damage: In addition to the damage, the target cannot shift until the end of my next turn. If the target was not a target of the triggering attack, it also cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of my turn.

Damage:

Damage:

Damage:

Damage: Damage: « ConBonus + 2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »  

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

DanMathMan wrote:I was just testing out the b89 maptools. I was using some tokens developed with your framework. When I tested a macros that had custom codes, the other lines of text repeated. (The effect line and other lines) An example of one such macro is in the spoiler tab below. I didn't get the extra spaces, but I did get all that repetition.
although this is not my FW I am curious as to what caused this as this should not happen with a new MT build. Hence im curious: could you describe the steps needed to reproduce this error?
Like this:
- download latest(?) version of VS FW
- start MT b89 and load campaign
- ...? what token used (if your own, pls attach), special build (pls attack), what macro what conditions etc.

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

We noticed that Rumble Slim was doing something similarly. I think it might be related to that. Our DM posted the bug report (jwdavidson) in the build 89 thread in the Announcements forum.
I don't want the world, I just want your half.

Atreyis Lortani
Kobold

[VEG v2.34] REQ: Compatibility with Wolph42's Bag of Tricks

Post by Atreyis Lortani »

[VEG v2.34] REQ: Compatibility with Wolph42's Bag of Tricks v25

I've been trying to get Wolph's BoT v25 and Veggiesama's 4e D&D framework working together on a campaign that I'm slowly transfering from a mix of paper, Dundjinni, and Word files. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get them working together. I'm using MT 1.3.87 (Nerps!); 1.3.89 has a broken undo/redo with only a temp fix at the moment. I have tried loading Veggie's campaign file, recommended (with the proper min mem/max mem/stack size set), then loading the BoT into that map but when I set two teleport pads down (one start and one end of the same number) then initialized them with the macro and tested them, nothing happened but the creature token being moved behind the teleport pad. I tried making a new map and loading the BoT onto that so that each framework uses its own map, but it still would not work.

I'm going to try loading BoT into a new campaign, then loading Veggie's framework into that (trying twice; once on the same map as BoT and once on its own map) to see if it'll work that way. I'm posting this in case that doesn't work.

EDIT: Also, in the 1g batch file within the MT directory, when one edits it one sees the line below. My question is what would be the numerical value as well as the corresponding letter (K for kilobyte, M for megabyte, G for gigabyte, etc) that would equal the value of "10" as Veggiesama recommends. By default it is set to 512K. If I knew JAVA I'm pretty sure I'd know this answer already, but I opted to learn C++ first so...no idea what all this JAVA code does, aside from the obvious (such as run). I have, of course, looked at the written documentation and read on stack size, but it does not mention anything about what the value in the Launcher (2, 4, 8, 10, etc) for stack size would translate to if one entered it manually in the batch file.

And why does the minimum memory have to be set to 1 GB as well if MT automatically increases its allocated memory when its current capacity is reached, up to its maximum?

Code: Select all

javaw -Xmx1024M -Xss512K -jar maptool-*.jar run
Currently teaching myself C++ via Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup. If anyone knows C++ and is willing to help an aspiring programmer, please send me a PM as I know no one who would be able to help me with sections of code that do not function as they should so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong and learn from my mistakes.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”