Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aragorn
Kobold

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by aragorn »

Hello everybody and greetings to Rumble for the masterframework!
I am doing some tests on it.
I am a bit confused, because in every power I use it applies the +2 bonus on attack rolls due to combat advantage.
How is it possible? Where can I change this option?

Thanks in advance

Edit:
Answered myself. I was checking "CA" box (combat advantage) without knowing it. Shame on myself!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cay
Cave Troll

Post by Cay »

Hi everybody,

I started just recently with maptool and this great Framework and am really impressed: Great stuff!

I'm having a hard time with a power adding a personal AttackBonus. It's the kobold skrimisher's "Mob Attack". I set up the power as a free action, no damage, auto-hitting and personal as target.
As hit conditions apllied to the target I set
  • AttackBonus
    expiring at the Beginning of Your Next Turn
    Bonus amount 1
    defenses affected: None
    affected power: all
    valid target: any target
In the power's hit section, under Conditions Applied to Targets there is an icon with a tooltip representing the condition I set up.

When I use this power Skirmisher I get a popup window with informations about the power. But Clicking OK, doesn't change the Skirmisher's Attack. There is no condition applied to the Skirmisher (no icon and no entry in the conditions panel), and of course no Bonus is added to his attacks.

What is wrong with my setup?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ready to play campaign: Kobold Hall - D&D4e LVL1

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Can you attach the token? I'll take a look.

I think you just need to set the power to "Auto" vs. "Personal".

I'll watch for your post.

Cay
Cave Troll

Post by Cay »

Deadolus wrote:Can you attach the token? I'll take a look.
Token attached. The power is called "Mob attack".

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Kobold Skirmisher.rptok
(134.39 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

You are welcome in advance... ;-)

So, the biggest change that needed to occur is that the condition
Cay wrote:
  • AttackBonus
    expiring at the Beginning of Your Next Turn
    Bonus amount 1...
should be setup in the "Conditions Applied to Allies" not Targets. Targets are generally the PCs. That is likely why you were getting undesired results.

I changed a few things in the attached, below are some screen caps' of the changes with extra info on why I made the changes I did. I used the "Conditions Applied to Allies" in the Effect section vs. the Hit section as a personal preference. Both should work.
screen caps
Kobold Attack - There is an anomaly (bug) with some "Auto" Attacks that do damage when a critical is rolled.  Extra damage can be applied from the weapon bonus (or something I forget now).  As a result all my Auto attack powers are set as a consumable, so weapon pluses are not added in error.
Kobold Attack - There is an anomaly (bug) with some "Auto" Attacks that do damage when a critical is rolled. Extra damage can be applied from the weapon bonus (or something I forget now). As a result all my Auto attack powers are set as a consumable, so weapon pluses are not added in error.
Kobold Attack.png (37.81 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Kobold Power - As stated before, I moved the condition to be applied to the Effect section, and setup the bonus in the "Conditions Applied to Allies" section.
Kobold Power - As stated before, I moved the condition to be applied to the Effect section, and setup the bonus in the "Conditions Applied to Allies" section.
Kobold Power.png (62.78 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Kobold Condition - Here is how  setup the condition.
Kobold Condition - Here is how setup the condition.
Kobold Condition.png (73.55 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Kobold Power Run - Make sure to put a check in the box when running the power.
Kobold Power Run - Make sure to put a check in the box when running the power.
Kobold Power Run.png (33.54 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Kobold Power Run Chat - Note the bonus to hit as been added when an attack power is used.
Kobold Power Run Chat - Note the bonus to hit as been added when an attack power is used.
Kobold Power Run Chat.png (19.75 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Now the bad news... kinda. Note that the bonus is variable; "The kobold skirmisher gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls per kobold ally adjacent to the target.". Meaning the bonus could be more than +1 if more than one Kobold is adjacent. You will need to setup the same power with a higher bonus (+2, +3, etc.) in order to add your bonus via a macro. Another option would be to just add the bonus to the attack power selection dialogue when you run the power. This will speed play as long as you remember.
Kobold Attack Option.png
Kobold Attack Option.png (41.25 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Let me know if you have questions.
Attachments
Kobold Skirmisher (Updated).rptok
(134.45 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Cay
Cave Troll

Post by Cay »

Ah, thanks! It was the "allies"-thing.

As for a higher bonus I just use this power once per kobold ally adjecent. Everytime I do that the skirmisher gets an additional bonus.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Actually, I think it just writes over the previous +1 to defenses with the same +1, meaning it never actually gets over 1. Easy enough to test though, so give it a try. :)

Cay
Cave Troll

Post by Cay »

Actually I didn't test it further then checking the bonus is applied. In the meantime I switched to DN's 4e FW. I like the design and the handling much better.
But thanks for your hint anyway.

aragorn
Kobold

Post by aragorn »

Hello, I am editing a bit the framework, just to add and complete the Character sheet with some missing info (Alignment, Deity, Gender, Age, Languages).
I've added the following lines to the macro Char4e:CharacterEdit-Basics right after the XP entry:

<td><b>Alignment</b></td><td><input type='text' size='10' name='cAlignment' value='[r:Alignment]'></input></td>
<td><b>Deity</b></td><td><input type='text' size='10' name='cDeity' value='[r:Deity]'></input></td>
<td><b>Gender</b></td><td><input type='text' size='10' name='cGender' value='[r:Gender]'></input></td>
<td><b>Age</b></td><td><input type='text' size='10' name='cAge' value='[r:Age]'></input></td>
<td><b>Languages</b></td><td><input type='text' size='10' name='cLanguages' value='[r:Languages]'></input></td>

And saved this macro.
I have also added the following entries to Campaign Properties - Token4e:

XP:0
Alignment:0
Deity:0
Languages:0

So, when I start the Management on my token, go to Edit Character, everything is displayed correctly.
Problem is I can't save it: when I edit any of the fields I've added, nothing happens.
I can still edit and save the other fields, fortunately.

Is there something I am missing?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I would guess that you're not doing anything with those input fields once you hit save - you've got a place to enter the data, but you have to process it once it is saved. What you'll need to do is look at the macro CEHandler, specifically the first section under:

Code: Select all

<!--Saving-->
(since I assume you're putting this information on the "Basics" page of the character editor) You will see a list of commands that show how to process the data put in the character sheet.

With your changes, when you hit "Save" on the character sheet, the JSON object sent to the CEHandler macro now includes a few more entries - one for each of the new fields you added. You'll have to pull those back out, and assign them to the token properties. So, for instance, the Alignment field would be stored in the JSON object (in the CEHandler macro, that object has the variable name info) with the key name "cAlignment" and you'd fetch it out, and assign it to the Alignment property, with:

Code: Select all

[h:Alignment = json.get(info, "cAlignment")]
and so on. Use the CEHandler macro as a guide.

aragorn
Kobold

Post by aragorn »

Yeah it works now, thank you very much for your advice!
I was evaluating also another feature: to add a real Inventory, with weight for items and encumbrance to character.
Is it possible? What should I have to edit?

PS
If it will be useful, I'll post the modified version of the framework once it's done! :)

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

You'd basically have to build it from scratch - you'd need to create the property (or properties) to hold the inventory information, the structure for the data, the macros to add, remove, and modify items (and calculate their weight / encumbrance), and the interface for the player to perform those functions.

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

This was created awhile ago by one of our members and it works great.It has a working inventory that track charges, weight ,encumbrance, and allows for custom added denominations,and allows you to give items to other players as well as organize them.Just drag token on map and use the Inventory macro on player token.
Attachments
Libinventory.rptok
(61.75 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

aragorn
Kobold

Post by aragorn »

kyuss11 wrote:This was created awhile ago by one of our members and it works great.It has a working inventory that track charges, weight ,encumbrance, and allows for custom added denominations,and allows you to give items to other players as well as organize them.Just drag token on map and use the Inventory macro on player token.
what a great forum and great users we have here.
Thank you very much! :D

aragorn
Kobold

Post by aragorn »

I am wondering: what do they mean "vlnrblAcid", "vlnrblAll", etc in the Condition Name entry for power?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”