Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by Rumble »

Use this thread for general discussion of version 5 of my framework. Bug reports and feature requests should get a new thread in this forum (not a message here) to keep them from being lost in the shuffle.

Version 5.1.3 is now available at the link below. This is the final version of the framework.

Get the framework here

See the known issues list here

Get the Framework readme file here

Edit (moderator): Apparently the framework Link is broken. Here a different one: http://forums.rptools.net/download/file.php?id=7079

Guy Dude
Giant

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by Guy Dude »

That little token statsheet that pops up in the corner on mousehover is no longer showing up. Anyone else having this issue? [1.3.b75/5.01]

Edit: Is this compatible with Lindsay's Generic Tools? http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10642

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Guy Dude wrote:That little token statsheet that pops up in the corner on mousehover is no longer showing up. Anyone else having this issue? [1.3.b75/5.01]

Edit: Is this compatible with Lindsay's Generic Tools? http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10642

I can't reproduce the statsheet problem - it shows up for me. Make sure you have "show statsheet on mouseover" checked in preferences, and have the portrait size set to something higher than 0 (at least, you used to also need the portrait to have a size > 0).

As for the second question, I have no idea. I don't use any drop-in tools and I've never attempted to integrate Lindsay's in particular. If Lindsay's tools have their own property sets and are self contained, then it should work without issue. If not, it is likely that "installing" them can mess up the framework.

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

Rumble wrote:I can't reproduce the statsheet problem - it shows up for me. Make sure you have "show statsheet on mouseover" checked in preferences, and have the portrait size set to something higher than 0 (at least, you used to also need the portrait to have a size > 0).
Yeah, that was it. Dunno why that preference didnt carry over between versions while most of the others did.

I'll have to test Lindsay's stuff, it looks like there are some useful GM tools in there.

Ramius613
Kobold

Post by Ramius613 »

Just a quick question. What would you recommend for memory settings on Maptools for using the the framework. I've use Veggie's framework in the past, and I know that I had to set the Stack size to about 10, but I remember you saying that that was too high for yours.

Ramius

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Ramius613 wrote:Just a quick question. What would you recommend for memory settings on Maptools for using the the framework. I've use Veggie's framework in the past, and I know that I had to set the Stack size to about 10, but I remember you saying that that was too high for yours.

Ramius
I generally use these settings:

Max Memory: 1024
Min memory: 64
Stack size: 4

I think it will run with a stack size of 2, but I generally use 4.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Version 5.0.2 is now available. See the download thread for updates.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

A hotfix was issued for 5.0.2, because I had a brainfart about a bug report.

Ramius613
Kobold

Post by Ramius613 »

Rumble wrote:Version 5.0.6 now available. Requires MapTool b76.
5.0.6? or do you mean 5.0.3?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Ramius613 wrote:
Rumble wrote:Version 5.0.6 now available. Requires MapTool b76.
5.0.6? or do you mean 5.0.3?

Whoa! I meant 5.0.3. My bad, don't know what I was thinking there. I've edited the post you quoted, thanks.

Sorry, everyone!

Ramius613
Kobold

Post by Ramius613 »

No problem, I'm betting you use the Num pad to enter numbers though. :-P

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Ramius613 wrote:No problem, I'm betting you use the Num pad to enter numbers though. :-P
I...might have? Or I might have just regressed to kindergarten and said "what comes after 5? SIX!!!"

Guy Dude
Giant

Post by Guy Dude »

This feels a bit outdated after trying the Slim version and seeing things like the all-in-one character sheet, edit mode, armor+shield, and so on. But I'd like to use it. Are you going to continue developing it?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I am, but slowly. Right now my attention is split across 3 frameworks so they're all getting fixed...slowly.

This one tends to be harder to modify, too, so it takes longer to track down issues.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”