Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Deadolus
Giant

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by Deadolus »

Slayve2DnD wrote:Props to Rumble for paving the way.
Agreed.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Longshot wrote:Hey Mr. Rumble, what is the preferred use of This Target/Any Target setting in the powers with a damage mod?
I'm sorry, I don't remember how that's supposed to work.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Rumble wrote:
Longshot wrote:Hey Mr. Rumble, what is the preferred use of This Target/Any Target setting in the powers with a damage mod?
I'm sorry, I don't remember how that's supposed to work.
I think it works for Granting CA (will have to test later)... Like: Does the target Grant CA from everyone (Any Target), or just the token applying the effect (This Target). Not sure if other conditions benefit from this variable. Vulnerable effects maybe? Will have to test.

Not sure if that helps.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Anyone ever notice if you try to make an attack from one token to another and on your map your coordinates are in the 5000's, that it takes a few minutes between dialog windows?

That a framework or Maptool thingy?

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Nope. I put this macro on the Villain:

Code: Select all

{getTokenX()},{getTokenY()} 
I then moved it until it produced this output:

I then placed the Hero adjacent and did a Melee Basic. Output was immediate.
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Ah, but that code is giving pixel location. If you use:

[r: CurrentX = getTokenX(0)]
[r: CurrentY = getTokenY(0)]
You''ll get grid location. My grid is on 50 pixels per square.
So something in the 5000s would be 250000 pixels from center.

I was using a massive land map, and the combat dialogues were minutes apart, freezing MapTools. I don't know if that is a vision issue caused by the great distance from center, or if the framework is using values (functions? formulas?) that cause an issue when the numbers are that high.

I should download another framework and see what happens I think. Just wondered, this happen to anyone else?

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Ah, OK. Yes, it takes longer but still only a few seconds:
Hero:

Hero:

Melee Basic Attack (standard action)
Villain: 35 vs. AC, 13 damage Hit: Until the stance ends, when you hit an enemy with a melee basic attack using a weapon, you gain a +2 power bonus to the damage rolls of basic attacks with a weapon.
I am using a very powerful iMac, though. What kind of machine are you trying this on? Perhaps it's processing lag?

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

StarMan wrote:I am using a very powerful iMac, though. What kind of machine are you trying this on? Perhaps it's processing lag?
Naw, I like to do video graphic/CGI effects on my PC so it is tricked out with 64GB RAM, (yadda yadda...)

Anyway, I'm glad you checked it out since I've been thinking it was MapTool/Vision related. Now I need to check what is causing that from a framework point of view. I bet there is a loop that runs possibilities for targeting or such that is causing this.

Funny I didn't run into it before since I made a mod that would make it easy to detect what was and wasn't in the room for a token (or have line of effect), and that meant going through the combat location code. So now I don't know where to start. But at least I can feel more confident that I'll find the answer somewhere in the framework.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Just tried with the MPB (tokens out past 500000,500000) and had to kill MT after waiting for 5 minutes. I don't think it's a framework issue. This sounds like something to run by Azhrei and aliasmask.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Gah! Downside, looks like I can't code my way out of it.
Upside, if you hadn't gone the extra mile there and tested again, who knows how much time I would have wasted looking in the wrong place. So, a spiffy thanks to you.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Longshot wrote:FYI:
If you're a DM that uses Rumble Framework V5, and have a DDI account, and want to import NPCs from the compendium with a time-saver tool, my first release of my importer is available here:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 21#p242221

All I ask is that you let me know what doesn't import properly to save me the trouble of performing hundreds of test to see what breaks it.
I don't use Build 89 so I can't test this but the video looks very cool! Longshot's importer can do one or two things mine can't which is quite a feat considering I released mine back in Oct 2012. In particular, I am referring to the fact it is smart enough to pick up secondary powers and exclude irrelevant conditions.

For those of you fed up with the 542-step process of creating a PC (one of the first of a great many things that turned me off about this framework), I invite you to go here and watch the two new videos at the end of the "Advanced Importing Concepts" section. As you can see, hours (possibly days!) of work is reduced to less than ten minutes!!! OK verifying powers can take a while but you get the idea.

Let me be clear. As always, I wrote this feature to help MPB users and not Rumble users. Yes, most MPBers have given me feedback saying they don't want to leave my campaign file to create their tokens. I still say Rumble has the best property and power editing interface around so I am asking them to revise this perspective. Luckily for Rumble fans, this feature intersects with their agenda so I figured, "Hey, why not?". Enjoy ...

Eranthius
Kobold

Post by Eranthius »

Rumble! Love the FW... but I can't get it to work. I continue to receive stack issues; I posted the error below. Help?

<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.

Thanks!
-E
/CHUCK!

Eranthius
Kobold

Post by Eranthius »

Ah ha! Got it. Had to do some java editing... good to go! :D

-E
/CHUCK!

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Hey there, welcome aboard. I am assuming you're new to this framework so I hope you get your setup spiffy'd up and to your liking in short order. You'll find that various people have put in quite a few contributions to this framework, the newest being a large step forward in PC importing (from another framework entirely, but that didn't stop him). Have fun!

Vizzi
Kobold

Post by Vizzi »

You have my many and ghoulish thanks for the framework and everyone that contributed, its proving a lot of fun.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”