Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Deadolus
Giant

Re: Rumble's 4E Framework, Version 5 - Discussion

Post by Deadolus »

jfrazierjr wrote:facing??? right click-> clear facing. does that get rid of it?
That gets rid of it. Thanks jfrazierjr.

yastromo
Kobold

Post by yastromo »

Hi Everybody!

First of all: Wow Rumble, congratulations, great work on the framework!

Second, I need help with two functionalities:

1st is Shields. How to make them add AC Bonus when equipped or remove when unequipped, I would like to have multiple inventory sets and equip/unequip them as needed. Moreover Swordmage Warding acts as a shield and equiping a two hand should remov the +3 on AC. So, how I simulate that.

2nd: Same problem with powers, Stances that add +2 Fortitude, +2 AC ... etc ... How to simulate this on Powers ?

Thanks, and again, awesome job Rumble!
Last edited by yastromo on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

I just started using this framework and I noticed what could be an error (etiher that or I'm not doing it right somehow).

Until End of Next Turn marks seem to be broken. i tried making a goblin wtih an attack that marks UEoNT, and the mark applied, but is ended when you end the goblin's turn (it ends the mark at the end of the current turn instead of the next turn)

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

I've done some searching but can't find how I would create the Mass Cure Light Wounds power or any power that lets "The targets regain hit points as if they had spent a healing surge."? is there an automatic way the framework can cover that?

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Maybe I'm just dense, but I can't find a .cmpgn file in the 5.0.7 download. The readme refers to one.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I looking in the wrong place(s)?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Colmarr wrote:Maybe I'm just dense, but I can't find a .cmpgn file in the 5.0.7 download. The readme refers to one.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I looking in the wrong place(s)?
The download is the .cmpgn file - however, since .cmpgn is really just a zip file with a different extension, it's possible your browser gave it a new extension during the download. Just rename it to a .cmpgn extension, and you're good to go.

Colmarr
Cave Troll

Post by Colmarr »

Rumble wrote:The download is the .cmpgn file - however, since .cmpgn is really just a zip file with a different extension, it's possible your browser gave it a new extension during the download. Just rename it to a .cmpgn extension, and you're good to go.
Yeah, that solved the problem. It might be an idea (to help dummies like me) to mention in the readme to rick-click and "save as" the download link, rather than left clicking and opening the zip file, and then to rename the file extension once its downloaded.

On to another question(s)

1. (How) Does the framework handle auras that trigger when an enemies starts their turn in the aura (eg. the Bone Naga has an aura that dazes enemies who start their turn in the aura)?

2. I'm trying to import the Azer Warrior minion from the offline Monster Builder (I don't have access to the compendium) and the framework isn't picking up the Warhammer power. If I then manually create it, it shows up in the Azer's Powers tab, but there's no button for it in the selection frame (yes I ticked the 'create a button' checkbox). Any ideas?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Colmarr wrote:1. (How) Does the framework handle auras that trigger when an enemies starts their turn in the aura (eg. the Bone Naga has an aura that dazes enemies who start their turn in the aura)?
It does not handle things like that (no auto-auras, etc.). There are functions for that kind of thing recently added to the MapTool macro code, but I've never investigated them and I'm not familiar with their use. So, anything like that needs to be manually done.
2. I'm trying to import the Azer Warrior minion from the offline Monster Builder (I don't have access to the compendium) and the framework isn't picking up the Warhammer power. If I then manually create it, it shows up in the Azer's Powers tab, but there's no button for it in the selection frame (yes I ticked the 'create a button' checkbox). Any ideas?
Hm. Without trying it, I can't say (I'm at work, so I can't test anything). Importing is never perfect, and I haven't tried it from the monster builder in a long time (I'm not a subscriber to DDI anymore, but I also haven't run any games in like, 6 months, so I've had little call to really test anything). As for the power's manual creation, I don't know why it's not working.

Are you sure you're updating the right token? Do you have another token called "Azer Warrior" - all tokens must have different names; you can't have 5 tokens all called "Azer Warrior," the framework assumes unique names for every token. If you have multiple tokens with the same name, and you do something to one of them, the framework may pick another identically named token at random and update it instead.

I handle this by having the framework automatically number NPCs (so you create one, then copy and paste it, and you get Azer Warrior, Azer Warrior 1, Azer Warrior 2, etc.)

Mushiwulf
Kobold

Post by Mushiwulf »

Rumble, first of all, thanks. I have spent some time creating custom framework stuff for maptool, so I can appreciate the amount of work you have done here.

Ran into a couple of problems last night while building tokens. First, in the Acrobatics skill, HalfLevel is added twice. I found and corrected the problem and can give you more specifics. Second, I too am having the End of Your Next Turn problem in that those conditions actually end on the source's current turn. Finally, I have a request from my players that sustain and triggers show up in the chat output. Right now they are putting that information inside "Special", which does output to chat.

Skill fix: In Lib:Char4e macro, "CharacterEdit-Skills"

Code: Select all

<td><b>Acrobatics (DEX)</b></td>
		<td align='center'><b>[r:Dex+HalfLevel]</b></td>
		<td align='center'><input type='text' size='5' name='Acrobatics' value='[r:json.get(tokenSkills, "Acrobatics")]'></input></td>
		<td align='center'><input type='checkbox' name='acroTraining' [r:if(json.contains(SkillsTrained,"Acrobatics"), "CHECKED", "")]></input></td>
		<td align='center'><b>[r:Acrobatics]</b></td>
		<td><b>Arcana (INT)</b></td>
		<td align='center'><b>[r:Int+HalfLevel]</b></td>
The last line of that was reading "[r:Acrobatics+HalfLevel]" I removed the HalfLevel from that line and it seems to be calculating correctly. Also, in Arcana, although it calculates correctly the line that should read "[r:Int+HalfLevel]" only reads "[r:Int]". The final score is correct, but the Abil + Level line was reading incorrectly. Adding "+HalfLevel" corrects it.
Last edited by Mushiwulf on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mushiwulf
Kobold

[Rumble v5.0.7] BUG: State/Conditions not ending correctly.

Post by Mushiwulf »

I dug into the macros a bit and I think I have found a fix for the conditions ending prematurely. I am not sure what else might be affected by my fix, but so far I have not run into any trouble.

In the Lib:States4e (Version 5.0.6) token, I edited the handleStates macro. Near the bottom of the macro there is a piece of code that looks like this:

[newStateObj = json.set("{}", "condition", state, "imposedBy", stateImposedBy, "expires", stateExpires, "start", start, "ogDamAmt",newDmgVal, "defsAffected", sdefsAffected, "affects", saffects, "targets", stargets)]
I changed the start value to start+1 so that it looks like this:

[newStateObj = json.set("{}", "condition", state, "imposedBy", stateImposedBy, "expires", stateExpires, "start", start+1, "ogDamAmt",newDmgVal, "defsAffected", sdefsAffected, "affects", saffects, "targets", stargets)]
I tested it with End of Your Next Turn, End of Target Next Turn and Beginning of Target Next Turn, and they all seemed to work.

EDIT: Seems to work fine for conditions applied to targets (enemies), but not for allies.

Edit2: Ally conditions use a different macro, procAllyStates. Made the same change in that macro and EoYNT seems to be working:

[newStateObj = json.set("{}","condition", state, "imposedBy",sImposedBy,"expires",expiry,"start",start+1,"ogDamAmt",newDmgVal, "defsAffected", defs, "targets", SelectedEnemy, "affects", attAffected)]

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

As long as it doesn't affect durations weighting as well, seems like a good fix.

Mushiwulf
Kobold

Post by Mushiwulf »

To be honest, I am not even sure how I would test against that, but I would be glad to give it a shot.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Mushiwulf wrote:To be honest, I am not even sure how I would test against that, but I would be glad to give it a shot.
Duration weighting is the component of condition application that sees what the longest remaining duration of a beginning-of-turn/end-of-turn condition would be (so that a longer duration doesn't get overwritten by a shorter one, even if the conditions are not applied on the actual turn of the character imposing them - basically, it handles weirdness that happens if a condition is applied out of turn order).

It shouldn't have any effect - the algorithm should work fine, since you're increasing the numbers across the board. The way to test is to set up a situation like:

Urklor
Goblin
Klaus
Ork Warrior
Binwin
Jim

On Ork Warrior's turn, he makes an attack that applies "Dazed" to Binwin, with a duration "End of Ork Warrior's next turn." Right after that, during Binwin's turn, Goblin (using an interrupt or OA or something) also applies "Dazed" to Binwin, with a duration "End of Goblin's next turn."

If you just overwrite the existing dazed condition, its duration is actually shortened, since Goblin's next turn ends earlier than Ork Warrior's next turn does. The rules, however, say the longest duration always applies. Thus, you do not want to overwrite the existing condition, because that would benefit Binwin. I came up with a way to "weight" the condition duration based on initiative positions and duration, and hopefully the change you made doesn't affect that (again, it shouldn't, since it's a uniform +1 to a number, and that shouldn't matter).

Mushiwulf
Kobold

Post by Mushiwulf »

I did see the weighting calculation in the macro(s), and I was pretty sure that is what they were doing. I will setup a test like that and see what kind of results I get. Thanks.

Edit:

Tried 2 tests. First was stacking End of Source Next Turn effects. Everything worked as it should. The longer effect prevailed. Next test was stacking a Beginning of Target Next Turn on top of an End of Source Next Turn in the order you suggested. Failure. The effect that should have lasted till, in this case, the end of round 4, dropped at the beginning of the source's turn on round 4. Back to the drawing board.

Edit2:

I hate to be a pain in the donkey, but I went back to a stock version of the camp file and I couldn't get weighting to work correctly there either. This could be a problem on my end. I am going to keep testing and see what I can find.

yastromo
Kobold

Post by yastromo »

Hi Everybody!

Some weeks ago I asked 2 questions here and had no answer. Someone know if It's wrong forum to ask, in which case can anybody point me toward proper channels, or if nobody knows this ?

Thanks Guys!
yastromo wrote:1st is Shields. How to make them add AC Bonus when equipped or remove when unequipped, I would like to have multiple inventory sets and equip/unequip them as needed. Moreover Swordmage Warding acts as a shield and equiping a two hand should remov the +3 on AC. So, how I simulate that.

2nd: Same problem with powers, Stances that add +2 Fortitude, +2 AC ... etc ... How to simulate this on Powers ?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”