[Rumble 5.01] BUG: Not Applying Misc Modifier

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Guy Dude
Giant

[Rumble 5.01] BUG: Not Applying Misc Modifier

Post by Guy Dude »

Looks like there is a bug with applying the damage modifier to burst attacks. I haven't gotten to check it out with other attack types.

Rumble
Deity

Re: [Rumble 5.01] BUG: Not Applying Misc Modifier

Post by Rumble »

Guy Dude wrote:Looks like there is a bug with applying the damage modifier to burst attacks. I haven't gotten to check it out with other attack types.
Which misc modifier, specifically? The per-target modifier, the overall modifier, or a granted bonus (like from an ally)?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Ah, okay, nevermind - I found it. It was not applying any individual per-target modifiers to damage when you attacked multiple targets with an AOE power. I found and fixed the problem, it will be fixed in 5.0.2 (released later today - there's another fix I have to make).

DarkWiz58
Cave Troll

Post by DarkWiz58 »

Rumble wrote:Ah, okay, never mind - I found it. It was not applying any individual per-target modifiers to damage when you attacked multiple targets with an AOE power. I found and fixed the problem, it will be fixed in 5.0.2 (released later today - there's another fix I have to make).

Would you be able to tell us exactly what macros, or at least which library tokens, you change to make these fixes to update to 5.0.2 ?

That's a big help to us who have slightly modified items built on your excellent code.

-In advance, thanks,
Alex / DarkWiz58

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

DarkWiz58 wrote:
Rumble wrote:Ah, okay, never mind - I found it. It was not applying any individual per-target modifiers to damage when you attacked multiple targets with an AOE power. I found and fixed the problem, it will be fixed in 5.0.2 (released later today - there's another fix I have to make).

Would you be able to tell us exactly what macros, or at least which library tokens, you change to make these fixes to update to 5.0.2 ?

That's a big help to us who have slightly modified items built on your excellent code.

-In advance, thanks,
Alex / DarkWiz58

Hm, yeah...I'll tell you what macros it is now, and I'll post the actual macro code later on (I didn't get the updates out yesterday; I was at work for 13 hours and had no desire to look at a computer screen any further).

As I recall, the changes to fix the misc modifier issue were in the macros Process Attack and handleHit. Additionally, I altered the sneak attack code to be 1/turn, so the change there was in requestBonusDamage. Stay tuned for the additional info.

Also, if you have modifications you want to suggest to people, by all means, share them! I welcome it. You could post it like

[Rumble v5.0.2] MOD: Coffee maker integration

DarkWiz58
Cave Troll

Post by DarkWiz58 »

Hm. Just noticed (playing a game now) that a Str ability check is forgetting to add in the 1/2 level.

And, any skill (Acrobatics etc.) from that table needs the 1/2 level manually added there.

Any way to make that smarter ????

(Also: will send you our changes via zip file in PM or something... too scattered for the forum.)

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

DarkWiz58 wrote:Hm. Just noticed (playing a game now) that a Str ability check is forgetting to add in the 1/2 level.

And, any skill (Acrobatics etc.) from that table needs the 1/2 level manually added there.

(Also: will send you our changes via zip file in PM or something... too scattered for the forum.)

That's...odd. HalfLevel should be automatically added.

DarkWiz58
Cave Troll

Post by DarkWiz58 »

Rumble wrote:
DarkWiz58 wrote:Hm. Just noticed (playing a game now) that a Str ability check is forgetting to add in the 1/2 level.

That's...odd. HalfLevel should be automatically added.
Isn't.
And now I just did an attack. For some mysterious reason a To Hit roll has an Attack Bonus of 5(wis)+3(lvl)+0(feat)+0(other)+4(HS) adding up to 16 !!!!

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Oh, okay, here's the problem with skills: when you enter / import a character, you must put in the total skill bonus, including all modifiers. A +8 skill bonus, for instance, already includes the half-level bonus.

There are ways to make it smarter, but I haven't done so.

As for the attack bonus, I can't help you there - mine work as expected. Can you post the token?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”