[Rumble 5.01] BUG: Must Input 1d1+ for Weapon Crit Damage

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Surrealistik
Kobold

[Rumble 5.01] BUG: Must Input 1d1+ for Weapon Crit Damage

Post by Surrealistik »

Unless you input at least 1d1 in a weapon's Critical field for bonus damage, Maptools will spit errors like the following at you, whenever you try to use a power that keys off that weapon:

Illegal argument type java.math.BigDecimal, expecting java.lang.String

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive error executing expression critbonus = eval(MHCritDice).

java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression critbonus = eval(MHCritDice).

Obviously this is amiss given that non-magical weapons never deal bonus damage on a critical hit.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: [Rumble 5.01] BUG: Must Input 1d1+ for Weapon Crit Damag

Post by jfrazierjr »

Surrealistik wrote:Unless you input at least 1d1 in a weapon's Critical field for bonus damage, Maptools will spit errors like the following at you, whenever you try to use a power that keys off that weapon:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive error executing expression critbonus = eval(MHCritDice).

java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression critbonus = eval(MHCritDice).

Obviously this is amiss given that non-magical weapons never deal bonus damage on a critical hit.
I could be wrong, but I think Rumble covered this in a post somewhere. Try 0d6
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Rumble
Deity

Re: [Rumble 5.01] BUG: Must Input 1d1+ for Weapon Crit Damag

Post by Rumble »

Surrealistik wrote:Unless you input at least 1d1 in a weapon's Critical field for bonus damage, Maptools will spit errors like the following at you, whenever you try to use a power that keys off that weapon:

The bonus critical dice field should default to 0d6 for all weapons when you set them up, and only needs to be changed if the weapon has critical bonus dice. Is it not doing this?

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”