[Rumble v5.0.1] BUG: Insubstantial condition reduces twice

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

c0rphan
Kobold

[Rumble v5.0.1] BUG: Insubstantial condition reduces twice

Post by c0rphan »

The insubstantial condition sets all damage multipliers to 0.5, but this appears to have a net result of 0.25 damage done. For example, the macros seem to multiply damage by 0.5 for the attack being melee, then multiplies by 0.5 again for the attack being untyped damage. An attack that would normally do 10 points of damage to a normal creature does 2 points of damage to a creature with the insubstantial condition when it should be doing 5 points.

Rumble
Deity

Re: [Rumble v5.0.1] BUG: Insubstantial condition reduces twi

Post by Rumble »

c0rphan wrote:The insubstantial condition sets all damage multipliers to 0.5, but this appears to have a net result of 0.25 damage done. For example, the macros seem to multiply damage by 0.5 for the attack being melee, then multiplies by 0.5 again for the attack being untyped damage. An attack that would normally do 10 points of damage to a normal creature does 2 points of damage to a creature with the insubstantial condition when it should be doing 5 points.
Hm. Yep, that's the way it's programmed; I'll have to fix that (to take only one instance of the 0.5 multiplier). Thanks.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Here's a question: does an insubstantial swarm take 0.25 damage? That's a wrinkle (although the best answer is "insubstantial swarms are a cheesy thing to pit against your players :D).

I think it should not set multipliers for the damage types; that should fix the outcome - after all, no matter what the damage type, all the attacks are one of the attack types.

c0rphan
Kobold

Post by c0rphan »

Do ongoing damage conditions count as one of the attack types? Insubstantial should reduce damage from ongoing damage effects as well.

I haven't experimented too much with it. I just set all the damage types to 0.5 as a workaround.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

c0rphan wrote:Do ongoing damage conditions count as one of the attack types? Insubstantial should reduce damage from ongoing damage effects as well.

I haven't experimented too much with it. I just set all the damage types to 0.5 as a workaround.
Ah, good point. I...don't think so. I don't actually know what kind of an attack ongoing damage is, but regardless, I'd have to go look to see whether it reduces properly.

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”